Kickstarter Kickstarter: Places by the Way #4: Sylvanhome from Ramen Sandwich Press!

doogx

Explorer
Our Kickstarter campaign in support of Sylvanhome, the fourth location module in our Places by the Way series, is now live!

Places by the Way offers you short location modules for D&D 5th Edition, written by RPG veteran Douglas Sun. Sylvanhome explores the lives of wood elves — in particular, the tension between their deep distrust of outsiders and their elvish good will toward other beings. Sylvanhome is a small community whose members are coming to grips with the fact that humans are starting to horn in on a corner of the forest that the elves are used to having for themselves.

Limited Editions of Places by the Way modules contain a little Easter Egg of content that will not be in the Standard Edition that goes on sale to the general public. It's only for those of us who generous enough to support Places by the Way on Kickstarter. Think of it as an inside joke between us and our Kickstarter peeps. The current campaign ends on October 1, so don't miss your chance to join the club!

For more information and purchase links for modules that we have already published, check out the Ramen Sandwich website.

doogx

Explorer
Well, that was fast! B-) Not only did we fund within the first 48 hours, but the most expensive reward — the Catch-up Special — has sold out! If you missed out but you're still interested in catching up with Places by the Way, you can get the Standard Edition (that is, without the Easter Egg extra content) in PDF form through DriveThru RPG and Dungeon Masters Guild and in print through Amazon and many other mail order outlets (Secrets of Oyster Cove is not quite available, but it's a matter of days at this point). You can find product page links on our website.

Of course, there's plenty of Sylvanhome left — just make your pledge, and we'll make sure we print enough copies to go around!

doogx

Explorer
If you regret missing out on the Catch-up Special (which booked up quickly), there is good news: We found one more set! So you still have a chance to lock up a print copy of the Limited Editions of A Treasure on the Rocks and Secrets of Oyster Cove, as well as Sylvanhomeif you act fast!

doogx

Explorer
As our Kickstarter campaign to support Places by the Way #4: Sylvanhome nears its halfway point, we can't help but notice that about 60% of its backers to date are repeat customers — that is, they're familiar to us from having backed at least one of our previous campaigns for Places by the Way. In fact, Kickstarter tells us that the single largest source of pledges by dollar amount is the promotional emails that we sent to previous backers. We take this as a hopeful sign, a sign that we're doing something to convince the folks who give Places by the Way a try that they should come back for more.

We hit our funding target very early on, but the more we can raise to help keep the series going, the better. There's still plenty of room left on the bandwagon! If you haven't checked out Places by the Way yet, have a look at our current campaign and our website and join the swelling ranks of our followers!

doogx

Explorer
A Preview of Sylvanhome

The campaign has reached its halfway point, so it seems like a good time for an update. I posted one to Kickstarter last night, and it ran a bit long. However, it does include a preview of one of the locations from Sylvanhome. Check it out and get a taste of Places by the Way handed to you on a toothpick like a sample at a mall food court! The campaign won't end until December 29, and even though we've hit our funding target there's still plenty of room on the bandwagon!

doogx

Explorer
We're down to three weeks left in our campaign for Sylvanhome. Our thanks to everyone who has pledged to date, both returning backers who have supported Places by the Way in the past and new backers alike! There's plenty of room on the bandwagon, so if you're still debating whether or not to pledge, don't hesitate — you're entirely welcome to join the party.

Just $8 will get you a PDF copy of Sylvanhome, with all of its elven goodness plus an extra encounter that will not be present in the version that will go on sale to the general public in January. $25 (domestic shipping included) gets you a print copy autographed by author Douglas Sun's cramped and semi-legible — but authentic — hand. Plus, we still have one Catch-up Special available: autographed print and PDF copies of Places by the Way #2: A Treasure on the Rocks and Places by the Way #3: Secrets of Oyster Cove, as well as Sylvanhome!

doogx

Explorer
The journey to the wood elf village of Sylvanhome continues! I just sent the completed manuscript of the Kickstarter Limited Edition to layout this morning, so we're still on track to have it ready to ship to backers in mid-January. The manuscript topped out at 13,474 words, making it the longest Places by the Way module yet — more content for the same price!

The campaign ends in two weeks, so the time to pledge and reserve your copy of the Limited Edition of Sylvanhome is getting close. Still plenty of room on the bandwagon, but don't wait too long to hop on board.

My sincere thanks to everyone who has pledged so far (this should go without saying by now — of course I'm grateful!), and if you haven't backed the campaign yet, I'll thank you sincerely too!

doogx

Explorer
I hope you're all enjoying the Christmas season as we near its tinsel and turkey-laden peak. I'm enjoying it myself, and once it's over I know I'm going to miss how my neighbors' holiday lights make the night bright as day — like having the aurora borealis in the sub-tropics.

I'm also watching our Kickstarter campaign for Sylvanhome with great interest, because we're down to the last week! The campaign ends on December 29, and I'd love to get a strong finish to what has been another successfully funded campaign. Thank you to everyone who has backed us so far, and thank you in advance to those of you who will come in and pledge during these last days! The final Catch-Up Special reward has been claimed, but don't let that stop you from getting a copy of the Kickstarter-only Limited Edition of Sylvanhome!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases