D&D 5E EB's Out of My Abysmal Mind - OOC (FULL)

It is definite that an infodump would help with planning. Especially if you are going for something Hogan's Heroes-ish. We don't know the lay of the land so it's hard to take advantage of Sgt. Schultz when we don't know what's where and what's what.

Reading through the information about Velkynvelve in the RG thread. I can't help but dread figuring out how we get down the basket with no more than 4 of us at a time unless we clear out the entire prison level first. And that also sounds daunting. If anyone else has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Also, we need to get the 2nd level of the guard tower. Hopefully, that's where our stuff is.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Right now you only need to quietly deal with three guards. And since you started this jailbreak right after meal time you know you have hours till anyone will come to the slave pens, to wake you.

Options (after guards are dealt with)
- climb down the walls near the falls (possible spiders lurking)
- sneak past quaggoth's lair and take out guards at north end (there are two), and then climb down cliff face (no spiders, no wet rocks so safer climb)
-- both those options leave you with no food/way to carry water so survival checks a plenty, but possible

- Sneak to the kitchens (deal with whoever may be there) and get supplies, then sneak back to above options?
-- possible you are spotted by lift operators or they are having a party in the kitchens you knew nothing about, lol
- Cut bridges leading to lift so no reinforcements from quaggoth's other guard post, or shrine, then battle your way to the lift and down
-- A lot of combat could be troublesome as a stray crit could ruin your day.

Well, I am actually worried about the 2 guards behind us joining the fight unexpected. Also, does anyone know if the quaggoth's lair has a door? Can the quaggoths roam around or are then chained down?

Sneaking down near the northern guard post is problematic as we need to find our equipment. And we'd end up in the pool, not the cavern floor.

Still trying to figure out if Thia casts silence on the bridge between the guard house and rest of the facility to make sure no one hears any commotion on this side of the prison. Or directly on the guard house as we rush the place.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Hint: Don't forget the guard near the window with the signal horn. Hey a horn is an instrument, and i think Thia is proficient with them too. lol

Remove ads