Possible big changes ahead to the MCU?

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Deadpool kills everyone and the MCU reboots right after Hugh Jackman plays Wolverine in the Avengers 5: the Search for Stark.

Ryujin

Legend
https://io9.gizmodo.com/if-disney-buys-fox-it-could-change-everything-about-th-1820186640

so if and big if the sell happens, Disney would then own the X-Men and Fantastic Four set of characters and Deadpool; which could and would add chances to do other story lines like Avengers vs X-men.

This has been floating around for a little while now but, unfortunately, the talks are dead. Pity; it would have sewn things up quite well.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...t-buying-most-of-fox-talks-now-dead-cnbc-says

.. except Deadpool would likely have ended up as a Disney Princess at some point.

Janx

Hero
I'm actually quite happy to have the x-men universe unmingled with the MCU

The x-men mutant stuff is big enough and muddies the water on whether superheroes are feared and hated or not.

As the MCU has plenty of characters with its own internal consistency different from the mutant fear theme.

Ryujin

Legend
I think X-Men and Avengers together in one universe is really too much, regardless of whether it's that way in the comics or not.

The difficulty with that, is that X-Men have been Avengers from time to time. They can't even use the word "mutant" in the Marvel movies because of how fractured the property is.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I'm actually quite happy to have the x-men universe unmingled with the MCU

The x-men mutant stuff is big enough and muddies the water on whether superheroes are feared and hated or not.

As the MCU has plenty of characters with its own internal consistency different from the mutant fear theme.

Although the MCU has started down the Fear of <s>Mutant</s>nhumans road via the Sokovia Accords and the WatchDogs Group in Agents of SHIELD.

I agree though that the X-Men should be kept as a distinct franchise/Universe although I suspect that Marvel would be more interested in the cherrypicking potential of having Wolverine or Storm appear in the Avengers line up (not to mention my favourite Cannonball) rather than a full-on shared universe or Avengers v X-Men showcase

Last edited:

Remove ads