(IR) IR Interlude, between Turns 3 and 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forrester

First Post
No hurry getting templates in -- we probably aren't going to start the next turn until next week, or this weekend, right, Edena?

Let's talk.

For one, I want to hear what some of the Neutrals/Baddies think of my 11th level magic "offer". Their answer (and I WILL know whether they are complying -- hello, 10th level magic!) will determine how many of my troops need be mobilized for war.

Lord Forrester

zouron

First Post
I wonder as a pure sideshow viewer if this revolution isn't more a magical revolution rather then a industrial?
sure in the two first industrilization ruled, but here it is all about 10th level and 11th level magic, since no nuke or similar can stand against such stuff anyway, why research it?

heh I vote this becomes the (MR) threads Magical Revolution ;) somehow much more fitting. Ohh you can't do this because theya re using 10th level magic, nah you can't do anythign sneaky they are using 10th level magic, nah we don't need to be accepting of races all races can be changed at will with 10th level magic, etc.

ohh well just my way of saying I miss the days were we talked about exchanging guns and tech and research, not talking about how fast we regained 10th level magic. (4 months or so? fast really fast.)

ohh well I shut up now :)

mad necromancer signing out.

Forrester

First Post
Zouron -- well, the first IR wasn't just about magic . . . it was more about technomancy. Combination of magic and technology.

And then there was the Avatar that ended all magic.

And then there were those Wrath of the Justs.

And then there were the kidnapped Phaerimm and the (mostly magical) research to blot out the sun.

So when you think about it, the first two IRs had a helluva lot of magic in them as well :).

And Edena said that 10th level magic doesn't protect against nukes . . . food for thought.

Forrester

Anabstercorian

First Post
I'm Glad We Had This Talk

Sitting together in a small cafe on the street, Forrester and Anabstercorian finish up their discussion.

"So, you'll accept my offer, Anabstercorian?"
<< Of course. It is the only sensible route to take. >>
"Then you'll be sending us your tribute?"
<< That or the Dictum, yes. >>
"Good. Then it's settled."
<< You should be honored, Forrester. No more than five creatures in the whole history of the polyverse have been declared honorary Illithid by Ilsensine. >>
Forrester laughs. "Well, I guess I'm just that special."

And Anabstercorian flits away in to the sky.

Forrester

First Post
Hmmmm.

Unfortunately, "Forrester" the real-life schmoe isn't quite as intelligent as "Forrester" the brave leader of the UC forces.

I've been wandering around the WoTC site, and can't find the following ANYWHERE:

Netheril, Empire of Magic.
Cormanthor, Empire of Elves.

(Free downloads, theoretically)

Anyone have a link yet?

Forrester

First Post
Just a helpful reminder to all that the UC WILL know what you are researching this turn.

And if you do not choose to help us reach 11th level magic (we're SOOO far away!) . . . well, let's just leave it at that for now, shall we?

Remember . . . there's nothing like being a Good Neighbor.

Lord Forrester

kaboom

First Post
A sending to all heads of powers

I will not give forester help in learning 11th level magic, and you should not pay tribute to him.
11th level magic is, in my opinion too powerful for anyone, least of all one who is not even of our world!
I ask you, are we Oerthians, or merely the lapdogs of Toril?

Forrester

First Post
Lapdogs! Lapdogs!

Oh, wait . . .

What I meant to say is that those who aided me in the past, and those who fought at my side, will not be asked to make this sacrifice. They have given enough, and I am grateful for it.

Those, on the other hand, that have done neither of these things, are automatically suspect . . .

And I am merely pointing out something that they can do so that they are NOT suspect.

Lord Forrester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases