(IR) IR Interlude, between Turns 3 and 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Please don't fight, folks.
I do not wish to lose another 2 or 3 players from the IR.

If I do, I'm quitting.

You must realise that at some point one or more powers will probably be completely annihilated and the player will take the consequences and quit. I know that if my power is destroyed I will greatly reduce my posting and mostly haunt the thread as a lurker. I beg you not to quit because of that. I'm in this to the "death" but not after it.

---
Are Shade the only faction on Oerth that deny Forrester? Serpenteye, Acerak, do you pay him tribute?
---

I do not pay him tribute but I still try to negotiate some sort of settlement that will secure our peaceful coexistence. Sometimes you must bend to avoid being broken and sometimes it all amounts to the same in the end. Sometimes it is better to break and sometimes you must sell your soul for survival. Time will tell what choice is the wiser.

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
Serpenteye said:

I do not pay him tribute but I still try to negotiate some sort of settlement that will secure our peaceful coexistence. Sometimes you must bend to avoid being broken and sometimes it all amounts to the same in the end. Sometimes it is better to break and sometimes you must sell your soul for survival. Time will tell what choice is the wiser.

Serpenteye, I am quite honest when I say that if you want peace, you will have to make sacrifices.

All in the Oerthian Alliance have made grave sacrifices stopping Vecna. They did this while you sat on your throne and laughed at how we were weakening each other. They did this while your power level doubled. They did this while you rooted for our destruction.

You want peace without a price. You want peace without payment. Without sacrifice.

No.

If you want peace, it will come at a cost. The tribute need not be paid to me -- it may be paid to Dagger, or the Gnomes, or William (who has taken the hardest hit in this war), or all of us.

The cost will be considerable. If you wish to negotiate, then that is your right.

If you do not, do not be surprised if you are not around in the near future.

You, unlike Talos, have a brain in your head. You recognize when you have a losing hand. You are lucky that we are still talking.

You have two courses in front of you. Choose wisely.

Lord Forrester

Serpenteye

First Post
Forrester said:

Serpenteye, I am quite honest when I say that if you want peace, you will have to make sacrifices.

All in the Oerthian Alliance have made grave sacrifices stopping Vecna. They did this while you sat on your throne and laughed at how we were weakening each other. They did this while your power level doubled. They did this while you rooted for our destruction.

Lord Forrester

You and the Oerth alliance were not the only ones who made sacrifices to stop Vecna. I sacrificed an ally. I turned aside from the Shade's pleas because I could not stand to see Vecna win. We could have moved against you then. If the Dark Union had joined forces with Vecna he could have won. You know how close he came, my 200 points could have sealed the fate of the world. And if I would have moved perhaps my other allies had too. Consider what could have happened then. You payed a low price for victory compared to what it could have been.
Yes, the Dark Union stood aside. And yes, I was pleased that Vecna struck west instead of east into my lands. Can you really blame me for that? The armies of the Dark Union stood aside but our greatest champion did not. Kas lost his arm and almost his life in the Bloody Waste. Do not say that we did not make sacrifices. We sacrificed for the sake of Oerth and her people. We love this world. We belong here.

dagger

Adventurer
Well Mr. Serpenteye, I don't want to shoot out the idea until I get some more views on it. Then if they like it, I or one of them will send you a message. Should be in the next few hours though, I would think.

Serpenteye said:

And what might that be, Mr Mountain Tosser ;)? You've roused my curiosity.

Maudlin

First Post
Acererak dunn't pay no stinkin' tribute to anyone. Skulls just don't bend that way. 'sides, Vecna wasn't his responsability and he couldn't have helped if he wanted to.

However, he does understand that he may have been slightly immoderate with his light luncheon at the party -err- battle, and accidentally ate some people's army.

Modest and reasonable reparations might be discussed.

------------------------------------

Korenth Zan is upset at the death of a few million Suel and isn't speaking to you. And you're off his christmas card list, and if you think he's returning your rake now, think again.

------------------------------------

I think the halving thing goes a very long way towards putting things back into balance, thanks for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases