(IR) IR Interlude, between Turns 3 and 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Perhaps there is nothing you can do ... alone ... Maudlin, but there are 15 other Powers out there who are potential allies.

If you wish to defeat Forrester, or protect yourself from him, then find allies and work with them against a common threat!

Don't give up.
Get mad.

Vecna did not give up, even though he was outnumbered and outgunned 4 to 1.
And he didn't even have allies, or any hope of having allies, except for the Shade only - and they ran away (I made them run away to save them.)

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
(not to put too fine a point on it, but Vecna got whooped :))

But hey! I never said I was giving up!

If all I'm going to do is break Forrester's pinky nail, that's the most vicious damn broken nail he's EVER going to have!

RAAARGH!

Gloves off! Acererak pledges his undying (har har) loyalty to the cause of Vecna and the Torillian downfall!

Now that his allies have seen what he plans to do once he thought himself unopposed, there will be a less enthusiastic unity, I'm sure!

Exclamation mark!

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Cheer Up, Edena

Edena, I am sure noone blames you for Turosh Mak leaving. I don't and I am sure no one else will. Are you still looking for a player for Turosh Mak's faction? I think I can dig one up if you are.

From Shade to Forrester and his lackeys:

Don`t force us to do desperate acts, we would NEVER become your slaves.

We give you the following ultimatum:
We have hundreds of thousands prisoners, mostly elves from Celene, including Queen Yolande and Melf Brightblade. If you or any of your allies attack us, we will sacrifice them all to The Darkness, you saw what we did with these elven children? It is a terrible way to die, and their souls would be lost, they won`t go to Arvandor. We await your response, son of a bitch.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Melkor:

It might be a little hard for you to kill Melf and Yolande (again), since I have ressurected them from the previous execution and returned them to where they belong.

Last edited:

Kalanyr, Edena said that Shade have them, we got their bodies( in case we didn`t capture them alive) and resecurrected them before you tried to do it, as very important prisoners.

I thought you already sacrificed them, on public display.[/QUOTE

Only some children from royal family.

Last edited:

As an act of good will Shade will release few thousand prisoners, mostly elven children. They are mostly in good condition, which means that they aren`t crippled and without mortal injuries, but it is evident that they suffered much, both mentally and phisically, some of them seem to be driven mad by Shade treatment. They say that there are many Drow among the Shade, those Drow from Toril that didn`t turn to good, most evil of their kind, and they love to to torture and humiliate elves. Many of these children have members of their families left in Shadow Throne, and they are very worried about them.

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
Kalanyr said:

Edit- I have to agree with Melkor and Maudlin this is ridiculous myself and my allies spent 3 turns and 100 PL on 10th level magic giving up everything for it and then this super-powered Torillian grabs it in 1 Turn. We may as well call these threads Forrester's overwhelming victory.

I think that Edena perhaps made a mistake by removing the "halving" rule from me -- OOC, I can understand your point, certainly.

However, I would like to point out that the way I grabbed 10th level magic in one turn was by researching it for three turns, and doing a huge push the last turn due to 200PL of help BY MY ALLIES.

I didn't do this alone. I'm allowed to be diplomatic, no?

Forrester

PS I think there's a solution to this problem other than:

1) Big Red Button
2) Mass suicide by the Oerthians against me (most of whom I've helped in the past -- I wasn't demanding tribute from *them*
3) Leaving the thread because the UC is too damn overwhelming. And I know it's a little tempting at the moment if you're a Bad Guy.

I'm going to talk it over with Edena. If we can pull it off, it will be very, very cool.

One last point -- the fact that the vast majority of the forces on Oerth decided to play for Good, and not Evil (even Kalanyr has changed sides!!) may bring the IR to an earlier end than might be expected -- but not a premature end. If ten countries are for peace and prosperity, and only two or three are for evil and war, then what do you expect but a quick defeat for the latter?

Forrester

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases