WOIN [WOIN] WOIN Character Assistant, a character creation tool

Justin Nelson

First Post
This is really amazing! One quick question though. I notice that in the race and career tabs there is a hot button for custom but it is not selectable. Is this a feature that has not been implemented yet or am I missing something? My campaign has several custom races and careers and being able to use custom would make this the perfect tool for my group. Thanks and keep up the amazing work!

This is really amazing! One quick question though. I notice that in the race and career tabs there is a hot button for custom but it is not selectable. Is this a feature that has not been implemented yet or am I missing something? My campaign has several custom races and careers and being able to use custom would make this the perfect tool for my group. Thanks and keep up the amazing work!

Hey Justin! I'm so sorry that I didn't get back to this in a timely fashion. Work has been exceptionally busy and I've had no time to tend to my own personal projects.

That feature is actually implemented! There's a "custom" folder in the release distribution that has a bunch of files inside appended with ".example". Remove the ".example" part and edit it in a nice text editor (like Notepad++ or Sublime Text). There's comments in them that guide you on how to format the content so that you can put in your own in the designated section.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I would be happy to help you out.

I'm currently doing some research on the feasibility of converting this to a web app. Hopefully I find some success there; it would be a heck of a lot more convenient than downloading something.

Justin Nelson

First Post
Not yet. I am running an OLD game so its not much use to me yet. Thanks for the update, I will try fiddling with it tonight and get my custom races completed.

M3woods

Explorer
I have. That's the reason why I've been looking to try my hand at a conversion; I wanted to see if I could save him some time. :p
I'm sure he would've appreciated that but I think it's nearly complete. I've handed over spreadsheets for all the racial, origin, and career exploits from NEW and NOW; working on the OLD spreadsheet now.

Remove ads