OK, progress. But we're not winning yet:

Russs-iMac-3:~ russellmorrissey$ pip install -U wxPython
    Collecting wxPython
    Using cached wxPython-4.0.0b2-cp27-cp27m-macosx_10_6_intel.whl
    Collecting six (from wxPython)
    Using cached six-1.11.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
    Installing collected packages: six, wxPython
    Found existing installation: six 1.4.1
    DEPRECATION: Uninstalling a distutils installed project (six) has been deprecated and will be removed in a future version. This is due to the fact that uninstalling a distutils project will only partially uninstall the project.
    Uninstalling six-1.4.1:
    Exception:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pip-9.0.1-py2.7.egg/pip/basecommand.py", line 215, in main
    status = self.run(options, args)
    File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pip-9.0.1-py2.7.egg/pip/commands/install.py", line 342, in run
    prefix=options.prefix_path,
    File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pip-9.0.1-py2.7.egg/pip/req/req_set.py", line 778, in install
    requirement.uninstall(auto_confirm=True)
    File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pip-9.0.1-py2.7.egg/pip/req/req_install.py", line 754, in uninstall
    paths_to_remove.remove(auto_confirm)
    File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pip-9.0.1-py2.7.egg/pip/req/req_uninstall.py", line 115, in remove
    renames(path, new_path)
    File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pip-9.0.1-py2.7.egg/pip/utils/__init__.py", line 267, in renames
    shutil.move(old, new)
    File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 302, in move
    copy2(src, real_dst)
    File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 131, in copy2
    copystat(src, dst)
    File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 103, in copystat
    os.chflags(dst, st.st_flags)
    OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/var/folders/gr/2fzdqxr53f7d_j1tzmd0d04w0000gn/T/pip-ds8BQ3-uninstall/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/six-1.4.1-py2.7.egg-info'
    Russs-iMac-3:~ russellmorrissey$
    You installed Python 3.6.3 before, correct? Try pip3 instead of pip and see if that works. It looks like it's trying to install stuff for the default 2.7 installation that comes with OSX.

In the future I hope to be able to build binaries so all of the dependencies are included without anyone having to do anything. I need to get a Mac first, though!

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block dickie

Friend+
    This is an amazing tool - many thanks for making it (and continuing to improve it daily!)

I'm having a problem with exploits though - are they working yet?

Whenever I try to edit/add exploits I get the following error:

File "/Users/dickie/woin/wca/wca_gui_wx.py", line 1386, in set_career_exploit
    File "/Users/dickie/woin/wca/wca_gui_wx.py", line 3166, in __init__
    File "/Users/dickie/woin/wca/wca_gui_wx.py", line 3216, in show_exploits
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

I'm using a Mac - and the latest WCA update as of this morning (yeah! Night Elf is there!)

Am I doing something wrong or are you still working on it.

I wish my python skills were up to contributing!

Best of luck and thanks again

Dickie

Frazzled
    Titan (Lvl 27)

Reviews
    Read 24 Reviews
    EN World EN5ider13th AgeSupermanCircvs MaximvsENniesPathfinderZEITGEISTDoctor Who

Block Morrus

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertDogSledder View Post
    You installed Python 3.6.3 before, correct? Try pip3 instead of pip and see if that works. It looks like it's trying to install stuff for the default 2.7 installation that comes with OSX.

In the future I hope to be able to build binaries so all of the dependencies are included without anyone having to do anything. I need to get a Mac first, though!
    I dont know what any of this words mean.

I made a guess that you wanted me to put "pip3 instead of "pip" in that line in the Terminal thing? But that wasn't it:

Russs-iMac-3:~ russellmorrissey$ sudo easy_install pip3
    Password:
    Searching for pip3
    Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/pip3/
    Couldn't find index page for 'pip3' (maybe misspelled?)
    Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
    Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/
    No local packages or download links found for pip3
    error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('pip3')
    Russs-iMac-3:~ russellmorrissey$
    SaveSave
    Last edited by Morrus; Tuesday, 28th November, 2017 at 12:25 PM.

Frazzled
    Titan (Lvl 27)

Reviews
    Read 24 Reviews
    EN World EN5ider13th AgeSupermanCircvs MaximvsENniesPathfinderZEITGEISTDoctor Who

Block Morrus

Friend+
    Ah, I tried using "pip3" in that second occurrence of "pip" you mentioned instead. That worked!

I do believe it's running! Wooohoo!

Frazzled
    Titan (Lvl 27)

Reviews
    Read 24 Reviews

Block Morrus

Friend+
    OK, I can't seem to select any exploits. The other window says this when I click the button:

File "/Users/russellmorrissey/Desktop/wca-master/wca_gui_wx.py", line 1386, in set_career_exploit
    File "/Users/russellmorrissey/Desktop/wca-master/wca_gui_wx.py", line 3166, in __init__
    File "/Users/russellmorrissey/Desktop/wca-master/wca_gui_wx.py", line 3216, in show_exploits
    File "/Users/russellmorrissey/Desktop/wca-master/wca_gui_wx.py", line 1386, in set_career_exploit
    File "/Users/russellmorrissey/Desktop/wca-master/wca_gui_wx.py", line 3166, in __init__
    File "/Users/russellmorrissey/Desktop/wca-master/wca_gui_wx.py", line 3216, in show_exploits

--

Also, when selecting skills, there's nothing to tell me which skills I can choose from.

Exploits should be working, but my only confirmation has been with Windows systems. I just ordered a Mac mini to do dev work, but it'll be a few days before I get it.

When are you two getting that error specifically? Is it when trying to select an exploit for a career, adding a misc. exploit in the "Exploit" tab, or both?

If you don't mind, humor me by grabbing a fresh zipped copy from https://github.com/DesertDogSledder/...ive/master.zip and see if you still get the error. There may be some flaws with way the updater works.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block dickie

Friend+
    Using your zip file I get the same result

1) Launch wca and create a new character
    2) Click Exploits tab
    3) Click ADD exploit

ERROR MESSAGE on the terminal:

File "/Users/dickie/WOIN/wca/wca-master/lib/gui/wca_frame.py", line 1517, in add_misc_exploit
    misc_exploit_dialog = AddExploitDialog(self, title='Add Misc Exploit')
    File "/Users/dickie/WOIN/wca/wca-master/lib/gui/add_exploit_dialog.py", line 119, in __init__
    self.show_exploits(None)
    File "/Users/dickie/WOIN/wca/wca-master/lib/gui/add_exploit_dialog.py", line 169, in show_exploits
    for exploit in exploit_list:

I get the same error if I try to edit the career exploit from the Careers tab

I'll try in on my windows machine later and report back

Cheers

Thank you both for the information. I'll take a look and see if I can't figure something out.

Apologies for the double post. I just pushed out an update. I'm not sure if it will fix the issue or not, but I'm curious to see what happens. Would you two mind updating and seeing if the same error pops up? Thanks for helping me troubleshoot!

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block dickie

Friend+
    Hey!

I think you've got it

I'll keep checking but I think you've nailed it

Back soon

Quick Reply Quick Reply