[5E] [OOC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Closed)

I've created the Rogue's Gallery thread. Finding the characters on 4 different pages of this thread is becoming unwieldy. Post everything approved so far over in the new thread and post here alterations before posting there yada yada yada.

I've moved the chargen rules from this thread to the RG thread. I've also removed from the first post here any descriptive data about Bit that doesn't agree with the map in the 2nd post. :) I plan to have a few more bg details posted somewhere before we start, deities, places of interest in various towns, recent rumors, and eventually (drumroll) the hook. So, perhaps go skim the first post again a few days from now.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?598748-5E-RG-JM-s-New-Generic-Homebrew

TallIan

Explorer
So after much thinking and gnashing of teeth over the fact that I can't make Perin a mounted archer, I've decided to make Perin a hobilar instead.

The complete character sheet is below, but the quick change is: He is now stout rather than lightfoot; his abilities have changed to reflect a STR fighter rather than DEX along with the appropriate weapons.

Lastly, I've tweaked his background to include Bree and Valeria as acquaintances.

Perin Wolfrider, Ranger

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 15
Initiative: +2
HP: 12

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Features]
Stought Halfling
Increase DEX by 2 and CON by 1
Size: Small Speed: 25
Lucky: When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die
Brave. Vou have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
Halfling Nimbleness. Vou can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.
Languages: Common; Halfling
Stout Resilience: advantage on saves vs poison and resistance vs poison damage

Folk Hero:
Skills: Animal Handling; Survival
Artisans Tools, Vehicles (Land)
Rustic Hospitality: You can find a place to rest, hide or recuperate among the common folk unless you have proved to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or someone looking for you, but will not risk their lives for you.

Ranger (Level 1)
HD: d10
Armour, Light and Medium armour, shields
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple weapons; Martial weapons
Saves: STR, DEX
Skills: Nature; Animal Handling; Perception
Favoured enemy: (Humanoids); +2 weapon damage; advantage to track and recall information; gain 1 language (goblin)
Natural Explorer: Ignore difficult terrain; advantage on initiative rolls; on first turn of combat you have advantage vs creatures that have not yet acted. When traveling for an hour or more; difficult terrain doesn't slow your group; you can't get lost; remain alert to danger while engaged in another activity; move stealthily at normal pace while traveling alone; find twice as much food from foraging; while tracking you learn how many, the size and how long ago they passed.

Background: Folk Hero

[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Abilities and saves]
ABILITIES(mod/save)
STR*: 15 (+2/+4)
DEX*: 14 (+2/+4)
CON: 15 (+2/+2)
INT: 9 (-1/-1)
WIS: 14 (+2/+2)
CHA: 9 (-1/-1)

Profciency bonus: +2

OFFENSE:
Saber: +4 5ft 1d6+2 Finesse Light
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

SKILLS:
Athletics: +2

Acrobatics: 2
Sleight of Hand: 2
*Stealth: 4

Arcana: -1
History: -1
Investigation: -1
*Nature: +1
Religion: -1

*Animal Handling: +4
Insight: +2
Medicine: +2
*Perception: +4
*Survival: +4

Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1

Passive Perception: 12[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Equipment and Spells]
EQUIPMENT
Chain Shirt
Short Sword (2)
Light Crossbow
Bolts (40)
Explorers Pack (Backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations,
a waterskin. 50 feet hempen rope.

PP GP EP SP CP
0 1 0 0 0
[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=personality and background]
DESCRIPTION
Personality: Perin’s young life as a slave has left him dour and quite. His isolated life in the wilderness hasn’t helped and he doesn’t open up easily about his past. He does talk easily, if bluntly about current events though.

TRAITS
Personality: I judge people by their actions, not their words.
Ideal: People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.
Bond: I have a family, but l have no idea where they are. One day, I hope to see them again.
Flaw: I have trouble trusting in my allies.

BACKGROUND:
Perin was captured by hob-goblins in a raid on his home when he was very young. Perin was given the task of feeding the wolves by his captors who fully expected him to be part of the meal. But Perin showed an affinity with animals that kept him safe.

Once they realised that Perin actually cared for the creatures they took great delight in forcing him to kill the runts from each litter born. Perin managed to spirit away one runt pup and keep it safe, feeding it from his own meagre rations until it grew too big to hide in camp.

Perin smuggled his wolf pup out of camp, intent on setting him free, until it occurred to him that if he was out of camp he could escape. He wondered aimlessly through the wilderness for a few days before coming across a dwarf named Viet who directed Perin back to civilization.

Perin never fully integrated back into society, preferring the solitude of the wilderness and the company of his wolf Amarok. He did make good use of his time in captivity though, using what he learnt of hobgoblins, Perin has spent the last two decades tracking the creatures and alerting local farmsteads and villages of imminent raids. Earning himself a bit of a reputation. Amarok grew up and formed his own pack and has long since passed away, but Perin still sees Amarok’s legacy patrolling the Groaning Forest.

Over the years he has gotten to know a few others that have spent some time in the Groaning forest; a gnome by the name of Bree and Human names Valeria. Plot hook reason for going back to town Perin hopes to find Bree and Valeria, while calling them friends would be a stretch Perin doesn't know anyone else he could ask to help with this. And besides he still owes Viet an ale.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

SunGold

First Post
Ok, Bree's done.

The only change is that her history is finished. Stats/skills/etc. remain the same.

I left the exact identity/motivations of her patron unknown. Whether his gifts were just the whims of a bored immortal and he's already forgotten her, or he has his own designs and she'll hear from her again...all up to you. I kinda like not knowing. :)

Okay, move Bree to the RG thread. We have four characters ready now.
[MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION], how is your char coming? No rush, I might wait until after Thanksgiving to open the IC thread to avoid an immediate stall when we start.

Thateous

Explorer
I have the background in my head, and the sheet just needs equipment and skills updated. Hoping to complete it here today...

Ok, eat your heart out kids... Everett

You do not seem to have a background, although I'm guessing it's Sage. Please explicitly state your background somewhere. Please add "spells per day", the Researcher Sage feature description, and the benefits of having a familiar to your Abilities sblock. Also, what form does your familiar currently take? I don't dictate what a char sheet should look like but I do like to have as many things as possible on it to reduce wear and tear on the rule books.

You can put what you have in the RG thread but you still have to come with how you know a couple of the existing characters (or one or two of the others perhaps would like to describe how they know Everett. Ladies? :) )

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases