[5E] [OOC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Closed)

I was thinking of having just arrived in Bit at the Wharf in Ship Bottom so that I'm actually on land. My initial idea was having sailed from the Koarshale mines with goods and delivered them to Bit just as the festival is about it hit. Then I stay in town a while to see what's going on, catch wind of the rumors and then bump into another PC.

I think I'll meet the party on the road then just to keep it simple for now :)

You could have arrived by ship from the dwarven mines. That does work. You just need a reason that you were wandering around the commons and managed to run into the party, someone of whom you already knew, and get yourself invited along.

Meeting on the road also works. You could be in Little Bit for some reason when you meet the party. Or you could be traveling to Bit from Forrest's End and just so happen to hook up with the party as they reach Leed's Crossing.

Great then, I wonder if there are cannons in jmucchiello's world???

Hmm, I wonder if there are...

Zadolix

First Post
My RG post is up too and I will be tying myself to Surina since she is from Bit (I can make an easy connection)

I've left my story open ended enough that I'll find the party in Bit as I'm searching for Surina at the Lounging Goose

Last edited:

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Wanted to ask a question about rolls. i find enworld's built in roller frustrating to use, especially since editing posts with rolls is problematic. In my previous pbp game here, I use cayotecode. I do the roll there, it provides a url and/or bbcode snippet which I paste here, which allows for verification of the roll. I've included an example below, set up as a perception roll.

Also, a related question, do you want us to roll both attack and damage at the same time (to speed things up) or wait to roll damage until we know if the attack hit?

Perception: 1D20 = [16] = 16

You can use coyotecode if you like. Just always put your character name in the "notes" field. So the above would be "Perception for Surina: ...."

Roll everything you can possibly roll up front. (for example, if you have sneak attack, roll it (separately from damage) in case by the time your turn comes up, sneak attack applies it's already rolled.) So you might have something like this:
Surina Attack with short sword: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4
1D6+1 = [5]+1 = 6

Remove ads