D&D 5E XGTE Errata

guachi

Hero
EDIT Oh and its a ROUND that is 6 seconds not a TURN.

I think in most (almost all) situations a turn might reasonably be considered to map onto a time span of six seconds or whatever the length of a round might be in your game. However, there are instances where a creature can have more than one turn in a round and, therefore, a turn couldn't be six seconds.

We don't often (ever?) consider how much time a player's turn actually takes. We just know that if they can do it in a turn it can't be more than six seconds. I know I don't care how long the actions a players takes actually last if the player can perform them in one turn. D&D maps simultaneous actions onto a sequential resolution system so things are inherently askew from the start.

gyor

Legend
Temple of the Gods only appears on the Cleric spell list. It affects Divine Soul and College of Lore if they really want to spend one of their known spells on it, but I don't see that happening often (I would actually posit that less than 1% of either archetype would choose it, but that's wild conjecture)

Even if they do, Wisdom is the closest thing we get to a "divinity" stat, and being a sort of consecrated ground, I think it's fine that the measure of its healing bonus is based on the caster's "divinity" rather than his aptitude at spellcasting. All this is to say, I don't think it's a typo. Regardless, I tweeted JC for clarification.

(Unfortunately he doesn't have a good track record of answering my tweets)

The cleric spell list is apart of the Divine Souls spell list.

Temple of the Gods is awesome, it's a magical, custiomizable , temple fortress, that can be made permanent, for any Divine Soul I make it's an automatic take, one of the best cleric spells.

Combat wise it's better then mighty fortress against everything, except for the disintegrate spell.

There are all kinds of clever uses for the spell.

Last edited:

Lillika

Explorer
Feat: Second Chance Jeremy Crawford confirmed that you have to take the second roll (which completely prevents me from ever taking this feat as it has a 1/20 chance of turning a hit into a crit) https://www.sageadvice.eu/tag/xanathar-guide-everything/page/6/?ak_action=reject_mobile

Seriously why don't they let me balance things, then at least I would make things that would be used. These feat is 100% worse than Lucky and shouldn't racial feats actually be something that you might even chose a race to take the feat?

Edit-to be fair I might take this feat on a character that already had Lucky, as i can't find anything that says I can't rr that the rr if it was a crit, but I wish the feat would stand on it's own better and I'm sure there are people that would still take the feat on it's own, but I don't feel it's quite on the proper feat power lvl.

Last edited:

jgsugden

Legend
.... These feat is 100% worse than Lucky and shouldn't racial feats actually be something that you might even chose a race to take the feat?...
It is not 100% worse than Lucky. First, you get to improve an ability score by one. Second, it recharges when you roll initiative (or take a rest), which *potentially* allows more uses per LR than Lucky. I've had 8 encounters between long rests in a game.

Also, I'm not sure you want to see people taking a race just to get access to a feat - you should take a feat to enhance your racial tendencies. That was the stated goal of the racial feats. If a racial feat is so good that people will play the race just to get the mechanical benefit, I think we're giving too much benefit to the feat. A racial selection should be a role playing choice, not a mechanical choice.

Lillika

Explorer
It is not 100% worse than Lucky. First, you get to improve an ability score by one. Second, it recharges when you roll initiative (or take a rest), which *potentially* allows more uses per LR than Lucky. I've had 8 encounters between long rests in a game.

Also, I'm not sure you want to see people taking a race just to get access to a feat - you should take a feat to enhance your racial tendencies. That was the stated goal of the racial feats. If a racial feat is so good that people will play the race just to get the mechanical benefit, I think we're giving too much benefit to the feat. A racial selection should be a role playing choice, not a mechanical choice.

That's nice logic and all, but I do see a lot of dps threads that are all about Half-Drow for Elven Accuracy.

Lillika

Explorer
Not sure that helps your case

it does if my case is that I want Second Chance to be as powerful :)

but really I was just rage posting after finding the Crawford post about it, I was hoping it was a chose which dice reroll like similar rerolls in the game. I will still probably take it on my latest halfling character, which means it can't be all that bad.

Nevvur

Explorer
That's nice logic and all, but I do see a lot of dps threads that are all about Half-Drow for Elven Accuracy.

Keep in mind the optimization community has a tendency to make mountains out of mole hills when it comes to comparing relative power levels.

coolAlias

Explorer
On page 79 under Calligrapher's Supplies, it has an entry for "Decipher Treasure Map" that references activities listed in the Cartographer's Tools table.

I'm certain it was meant to go under the Cartographer's Tools, but that leaves Calligrapher's Supplies with only two listed benefits.

Also, Calligrapher's Supplies has "Spot forged text" and "Forge a signature" listed in its table of activities - should one or both of these not be under Forgery Kit?

Ristamar

Adventurer
Also, Calligrapher's Supplies has "Spot forged text" and "Forge a signature" listed in its table of activities - should one or both of these not be under Forgery Kit?

The "Spot forged text" entry under Calligrapher's Supplies supplies likely refers to spotting forgery directly related to works that specifically feature calligraphy. As per the text for the tool:

Calligraphers produce text that is pleasing to the eye, using a style that is difficult to forge.
My inference is that forging or spotting forgeries of general documents and text aren't covered by this proficiency, but it can apply to mimicking a signature or spotting forged calligraphy within a map, artwork, book, etc.

The Forgery Kit, IMO, would be applicable to mimicking basic handwritten texts, emulating writing styles or legalese, and being able to spot forgeries within those parameters.

I'd allow the two tool proficiencies to be used in conjunction to create very convincing signed documents. It may even be a required step if the signature is well known to the person examining the forgery.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases