D&D 5E Tenser's transformation and armor.

Well, I suppose a wizard under the effects of Tenser's Transformation could determine the value and effectiveness of armors due to proficiency.

BTW, this thread has now given me an idea of how to shut down wizards who have been taken captive - put them in medium armor!

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
We used to seal them in full field plate armor.

Conveniently, if they were found guilty you could pour hot lead n there and make a statuary piece.

sulimo0310

Explorer
There is one way to make use of the heavy armor proficiency RAW.

1. Be a lvl 14 Illusionist
2. Cast disguise self, putting an illusory suit of full plate on you.
3. Cast Tenser's Transformation.
4. Use Illusory Reality to turn the full plate real. Only lasts for a Minute, but you can refresh as a bonus action if your fight is going to last more than 10 rounds.

Sent from my SM-G930P using EN World mobile app

It is hard to believe this is the only place that happens. But it makes me curious, what are some other examples?

Isn't there a summoning spell that gives you an option you can't take advantage of, because there are no such creatures?

Out of my head I don't remember one.
The stalker or dungeon delver feat seems to have an ability that is not useful and should be errated soon. It was supposed to counter a nonexistent rule (removed after last playtest). The grappler feat also had a line like that but that was more obviously. I also remember a discrepancy in the foraging rules. But I don't remember what.
Other than that I think its fine. And thus such minor things are easily spotted.

There is one way to make use of the heavy armor proficiency RAW.

1. Be a lvl 14 Illusionist
2. Cast disguise self, putting an illusory suit of full plate on you.
3. Cast Tenser's Transformation.
4. Use Illusory Reality to turn the full plate real. Only lasts for a Minute, but you can refresh as a bonus action if your fight is going to last more than 10 rounds.

Ok. You are the winner. :)

Dausuul

Legend
Okay, here we go. A solution that can be used by any wizard capable of casting Tenser's transformation. Takes a bunch of prep, though.

1. Cast contingency on yourself: Whenever you say "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious," you will dimension door 20 feet away.
2. Don heavy armor.
3. Have your fellow PCs encase you in plaster up to your neck. Allow it to harden.
4. Say "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." Contingency triggers. You can choose to take objects with you when you ​dimension door; choose not to, however, and you can leave the armor behind. Do so. The armor is now encased in plaster, holding it in position.
5. Cast contingency again. This time, whenever you are under the effect of Tenser's transformation, you will dimension door into the nearest set of armor that is encased in plaster.
6. Rest to get your spell slots back.
7. Cast Tenser's floating disk as a ritual, and put the armor on it. Tote it around with you as long as necessary. (You think it's a coincidence that Tenser created both of these spells?)
8. When you're ready to break some heads, cast Tenser's transformation. As soon as the spell takes effect, you teleport into the armor, which is already assembled and positioned for your body to occupy.
9. Have your fellow PCs break the plaster.
10. You are now in heavy armor and under Tenser's transformation. Break some heads.

Edit: It is advisable to have another party member who can cast prestidigitation using the "clean clothes" option, or you will go into battle with chunks of plaster stuck to your armor.

Last edited:

sulimo0310

Explorer
Okay, here we go. A solution that can be used by any wizard capable of casting Tenser's transformation. Takes a bunch of prep, though.

1. Cast contingency on yourself: Whenever you say "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious," you will dimension door 20 feet away.
2. Don heavy armor.
3. Have your fellow PCs encase you in plaster up to your neck. Allow it to harden.
4. Say "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." Contingency triggers. You can choose to take objects with you when you ​dimension door; choose not to, however, and you can leave the armor behind. Do so. The armor is now encased in plaster, holding it in position.
5. Cast contingency again. This time, whenever you are under the effect of Tenser's transformation, you will dimension door into the nearest set of armor that is encased in plaster.
6. Rest to get your spell slots back.
7. Cast Tenser's floating disk as a ritual, and put the armor on it. Tote it around with you as long as necessary. (You think it's a coincidence that Tenser created both of these spells?)
8. When you're ready to break some heads, cast Tenser's transformation. As soon as the spell takes effect, you teleport into the armor, which is already assembled and positioned for your body to occupy.
9. Have your fellow PCs break the plaster.
10. You are now in heavy armor and under Tenser's transformation. Break some heads.
And our new champion!

Uchawi

First Post
I am more baffled by penalizing classes with extra attack, by not receiving at least 1 extra attack. A spell that penalizes a Gish that should be more powerful using it. Yet it grants a caster full proficiencies in armor, weapons, etc. and advantage on attack rolls.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases