D&D 5E D&D Beyond's Epanded Racial Feats are available on DM's Guild

lkj

Hero
A $3 incentive to preorder? Wow! :D

Yeah. I just thought of them as fun little perks, with the early access to the mobile app being the most fun one. But nothing that would have convinced me to buy a book that I wasn't going to anyway.

AD

Satyrn

First Post
. . . with the early access to the mobile app being the most fun one . . .
How is that going? Some of my game sessions take place away from an internet connection, so I've been waiting to see how the offline functionality functions before committing to DDB.

lkj

Hero
How is that going? Some of my game sessions take place away from an internet connection, so I've been waiting to see how the offline functionality functions before committing to DDB.

I'm afraid they haven't released it yet. But I'll let you know when they do.

They have said it will be 'soon'. But I've learned from experience that 'soon' can mean all sorts of things from a software company. Mind you, I understand why they avoid giving dates. And I strongly suspect it will happen in the next few weeks.

AD

Satyrn

First Post
I'm afraid they haven't released it yet. But I'll let you know when they do.

They have said it will be 'soon'. But I've learned from experience that 'soon' can mean all sorts of things from a software company. Mind you, I understand why they avoid giving dates. And I strongly suspect it will happen in the next few weeks.

AD

Thank you.

I had considered preordering Xanathar's on it just for the early/beta access to the app, thinking they were ready to roll that out. I'm happy with my decision to go hard copy.

I'll still consider DDB for future purposes when it hits that functionality I want. (I'll just be using it for the compendium bit)

lkj

Hero
Thank you.

I had considered preordering Xanathar's on it just for the early/beta access to the app, thinking they were ready to roll that out. I'm happy with my decision to go hard copy.

I'll still consider DDB for future purposes when it hits that functionality I want. (I'll just be using it for the compendium bit)

Sounds reasonable to me. I should say that the compendium is a useful tool even without buying anything. All the SRD stuff is free, and I've looked up rules at the table just on my phone and found it very handy.

AD

Satyrn

First Post
Sounds reasonable to me. I should say that the compendium is a useful tool even without buying anything. All the SRD stuff is free, and I've looked up rules at the table just on my phone and found it very handy.

AD

I've been using it like that, too. It's why I know I'm only gonna need to buy the compendium-only option for things like Xanathar's and the adventures.

MechaPilot

Explorer
Thanks for the heads up. I think people were going crazy when they thought it was exclusive WotC content. Knowing that it's not official, just from Curse like any other 3rd party, it's not as big a deal.

It's not that people had an issue because they thought that it was exclusive WotC content. It's that people have an issue with anything being exclusive to having to pay before either seeing the product or seeing a review of the product by someone whose opinion they can trust.

Remove ads