Question about "Scales of War" Maps & DDI

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Hello!

I'm running the last five adventures of Scales of War for my group on Roll20. We're currently on "Grasp of the Mantled Citadel" and will soon be starting "Legacy of Io." I've been looking for a way to get the official maps for the adventure. For GotMC, I was able to use the snipping tool to make screen captures of the citadel map, but the rest of the adventures in the path don't have "clean" player versions of the maps.

I've heard a rumor that there were player maps for the later adventures in this AP available through DDI. If this is true, I'm perfectly happy to throw some money at Wizards to get them. (I also checked Mike Schley's webstore, but he doesn't seem to have the maps from this adventure available.) However, my attempts to verify the information have not been successful. So I have some questions for anyone who still has a DDI subscription:

- Can you confirm whether these player-side maps exist? (Looking for "Legacy of Io" through "Last Breath of the Dragon Queen.")

- Does Wizards even accept new DDI subscribers? I've tried to create an account, but can't find any way to get DDI access. I can't tell whether that's turned off or whether it's just the general un-useability of the site that's foiling me.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
- Can you confirm whether these player-side maps exist? (Looking for "Legacy of Io" through "Last Breath of the Dragon Queen.")

- Does Wizards even accept new DDI subscribers? I've tried to create an account, but can't find any way to get DDI access. I can't tell whether that's turned off or whether it's just the general un-useability of the site that's foiling me.
My Insider account recently auto-renewed for another year because I wasn't paying enough attention, so I can try to answer at least the first question.

I went to the D&D Insider site, and downloaded the map archives for Dungeon issues 172, 173, 174 and 175, which I think are the ones covering the last four Scales of War adventurers. For issues 172, 173 and 175, the folder of maps has one version of each map with labels and one without. I didn't check every map, but it looked like this was true for most of them. For some reason, issue 174 appears not to have any player-friendly versions.

Unfortunately, I suspect the answer to the second question is "no". I'm not sure about this, but I vaguely remembering reading an announcement or news article that new Insider subscriptions were no longer being supported. I can't substantiate that recollection with a quick search though, sorry.

ronin

Explorer
I’m looking for Scales of War player friendly maps to use in my 5e campaign. Unfortunately the DDI subscription isn’t available any longer. Does anyone know of a way to gain access to these images? I know the PDFs are available on drivethrurpg but I don’t believe the unmarked maps are included.

Thanks in advance for the help!

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I know the PDFs are available on drivethrurpg but I don’t believe the unmarked maps are included.
Actually, I didn't get completely unmarked maps even with the DDI subscription. I just got image files of the maps that were included in the PDF.

Remove ads