D&D 5E Who is excited for Xanathar's Guide to Everything?

Are you excited?

• I already have the book!

Votes: 24 34.8%
  • Yes, I can not wait!

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Maybe, it depends what the critics and people say.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Pass! Not interested.

Votes: 10 14.5%

TheSwartz

Explorer
I'm finding that I am more and more excited about third party material than any of the stuff released by WoTC. WoTC is releasing some really boring stuff.

Li Shenron

Legend
Well, I voted "Yes" because I am 90% going to get XGE, but I can and will wait until a possible second print that includes errata, I always do this!

Dualazi

First Post
While I agree that it feels like the arcane archer doesn't get to use the magic arrow options often enough, there is precedent for it: The druid's Wildshape feature is arbitrarily limited to 2/rest as well, and I have to admit that I can't recall ever seeing anyone complain about that.

Late response to the thread, but I think the key difference here is that you can stay in wildshape for hours, and if you're a moon druid (which, let's be honest, most druids are) then you can heal your temps with spell slots. I've played two campaigns with moon druids so far, and it has not been at all uncommon to see them go multiple encounters in a single form, especially with how beefy the higher CR forms get. By comparison, the AA might be averaging one magic arrow per encounter, how in the world did Wizards think that this made you feel like an 'arcane' class?

Remove ads