Attribute advancements....

yrtalien

Explorer
If I am a Grand Elf advancing in Grade to Loremaster can I choose to sub MAG +1 for LOG and LOG +2 for MAG... effectively gaining MAG +2, LOG +1, WIL +1...

The sub to logic would be for my species and the sub for Magic would be from the species exploit....

Is this allowable? Technically no attribute + is duplicated right?

Just wondering.

yrtalien

Explorer
Heh, in cutting and pasting to explain my question I reread the errata and realized you changed not only Hook, but also the substitution for race. I had assumed you were still able to make one racial sub in addition to the one that you added to some races, but now I see you can only sub on the occasion of being one of the races that got Strong, Agile,, Stubborn or Magical (etc.) and only to that one stat otherwise you are locked-in to the skills and attributes of the career without release (a Human must always take all career options).

I believe I have my answer now. Sorry for the confusion.

Just to make sure I've got it right are the following statements true?

My human advancing to loremaster must select two skills from the listed skill choices (no duplications) as well as all attribute advances Mag +1, Wil +1, and Log +2 and finally a Career Exploit or Universal Exploit.

My Grand Elf advancing to Burglar may take Agi, Int, Luc or Rep or sub one of those for Mag but is locked in as far as skill choices (any two of the listed) and has a choice of career exploit or universal exploit.

My Grand Elf in advancing to Loremaster must take two skills from the selection available and all four attributes at the listed values (because the only sub allowable results in a duplication) plus one exploit (career or universal).

No one may ever substitute more than one attribute because no race has any of the substitution exploits twice and you may only sub through that exploit.

There is less variation than I thought... I think : ) So long as the above is true I think I grasp the process now.

Sorry for the confusion and sorry for any additional confusion I may have caused with this post. My brain does not work like others and I occasionally jump the rails when I write or speak... sorry.

All of the above assumes you use races from out of the book and don't build your own with some oddness : )

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases