D&D 5E They Broke Arcane Archer!!!

neogod22

Explorer
How did this get published? I was looking at the Arcane Acher Archetype and, they moved Magic Arrow from level 3 to a level 7 ability and took away the +1 to hit and damage. This would be fine except, Arcane Shot which you still get at 3rd level ONLY WORKS WITH MAGIC ARROW. Does anyone proof reads these books? Why would you give the class an ability, then make it not work until 4 levels later? Someone needs to get this post to WotC. ASAP.
44f72f79945bd0b6e287b513e17cf510.jpg

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Hawk Diesel

Adventurer
I honestly just homebrewed my own version. An arcane archer should be able to consistently do the thing it's named for. Magic arrows.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
"Magic arrow" in Arcane Shot is a typo. It should just be "arrow." Jeremy Crawford confirmed this on Twitter.

neogod22

Explorer
I honestly just homebrewed my own version. An arcane archer should be able to consistently do the thing it's named for. Magic arrows.
The problem is, I mostly play and run in AL. You can't homebrew that, but this is ridiculous that no one caught this before it came out.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Hawk Diesel

Adventurer
The problem is, I mostly play and run in AL. You can't homebrew that, but this is ridiculous that no one caught this before it came out.

I haven't played AL. I feel like it is way too restrictive for my style of play. Plus I can't help but tinker with mechanics all the time. So I feel your pain.

neogod22

Explorer
"Magic arrow" in Arcane Shot is a typo. It should just be "arrow." Jeremy Crawford confirmed this on Twitter.
Well what they did from the UA version was move Magic Arrow from lvl 3 to lvl 7, then called it a day, instead of proof reading and changing arcane shot, because in the UA version, it makes sense. I looked on the UA version to confirm this. It's not a typo, it's lazy editing.

neogod22

Explorer
The problem is with AL, Twitter doesn't matter. They have to put the fix in an official document which probably won't come out until next season, or the second printing of the book.

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
The problem is with AL, Twitter doesn't matter. They have to put the fix in an official document which probably won't come out until next season, or the second printing of the book.

Yah, because there are so many people who will care about that minor discrepancy that you won't be able to play an AA anywhere...

...oh wait, most people won't care and will probably already know that it's a typo and allow you to play it anyway.

neogod22

Explorer
Yah, because there are so many people who will care about that minor discrepancy that you won't be able to play an AA anywhere...

...oh wait, most people won't care and will probably already know that it's a typo and allow you to play it anyway.
Because you've never encountered a rules lawyer right? That's the problem with public play is that you come across people each do care, and who will point it out, because those are the same people who try and find loopholes to exploit. This is why I point it out, so it can be fixed before someone tried to ruin the game for someone else.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases