5E They Broke Arcane Archer!!! - Page 9
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Elfcrusher

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by guachi View Post
    It's also super easy to find stuff like that, too. For example, it took me less than five minutes from the time I opened a friend's copy to find the Spirit Guardians mistake and I wasn't even looking for mistakes.
    How many other errors did you not see?

I've done proofreading of games. You (and other people) read through every word of the thing, and you find all these errors and you're thinking, "WTF is wrong with the editors? This should have been caught 6 revisions ago..." Then the thing gets published and within 3 hours people on the internet start finding mistakes that YOU missed. (Which is how I got recruited...I was one of those posters.) Lots of eyes are just better than few eyes.

It's hard. Really. Unless you've done it...in the sense of formally proofread a 100+ page document for publication...you really have no idea of what you're talking about.
    XP pukunui, Mistwell, KahlessNestor gave XP for this post

Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Reviews
    Read 4 Reviews

Block Mistwell

Friend+
    Every sports fan thinks they are smarter than the team's coach.
    Every RPG fan thinks they could write and edit better RPG material.
    I'd truly love to meet all these people who never make mistakes at their job. Really, I would.

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Reviews
    Read 11 Reviews

Block guachi

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfcrusher View Post
    How many other errors did you not see?
    After looking at the Barbarian I went right to the fighter to see how the final archetypes turned out.

In another five to ten minutes I noticed the magic arrow change on the Arcane Archer as I had the UA article up to compare.

So in fifteen minutes it looks like I noticed the two errors that were in the class section of the book book. I'm not aware of anyone else finding any others and I haven't read any other part of the book except one spell.

So the answer to your question is "zero".

I work in a job where everything I do that's meaningful is checked by multiple people repeatedly because it's of critical national intelligence importance to get it right.

I certainly understand the value and importance of making sure work is checked and rechecked correctly.
    Last edited by guachi; Wednesday, 15th November, 2017 at 05:22 AM.

If detail and accuracy is super important to you, then why did you just create a thread complaining how healing spirit will result in all the PCs always being at full HP (making combat trivial) when thats not remotely what the spell does?

Reviews
    Read 2 Reviews

Block pukunui

Friend+
    It's also super easy to find stuff like that, too. For example, it took me less than five minutes from the time I opened a friend's copy to find the Spirit Guardians mistake and I wasn't even looking for mistakes.
    So in fifteen minutes it looks like I noticed the two errors that were in the class section of the book book.
    See how easy it is to make mistakes and not see them? (It's Spirit Shield, by the way.)
    I wasn't looking for mistakes in your posts, either, just so you know.

I work in a job where everything I do that's meaningful is checked by multiple people repeatedly because it's of critical national intelligence importance to get it right.
    Good thing it's not of national intelligence importance for D&D books to be 100% error free.
    XP KahlessNestor gave XP for this post
    Laugh cbwjm, Mistwell, Imaro, Sacrosanct laughed with this post

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block cbwjm

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by pukunui View Post
    See how easy it is to make mistakes and not see them? I don't think you really have a leg to stand on here.

Good thing it's not of national intelligence importance for D&D books to be 100% error free.
    The best part was how he edited his post afterwards. I'd have thought he would have checked it before posting.

The signature of champions.
    Laugh KahlessNestor laughed with this post

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Azzy

Friend+
    Man, why can't 5e be just like all of those previous editions that came before it where there were no errors in any of the printings in any of the books?
    Laugh pukunui, jasper, Phasestar, KahlessNestor laughed with this post

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Elfcrusher

Friend+
    So the answer to your question is "zero".
    That sums up your understanding of the problem right there....
    XP KahlessNestor gave XP for this post

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Elfcrusher

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by cbwjm View Post
    The best part was how he edited his post afterwards. I'd have thought he would have checked it before posting.

The signature of champions.
    Oh, I don't know...I think the best part is that he edited it and still missed the "book book".

Let's hope he does a better job at keeping our secret hacking tools safe from hostile agents. Oh....oops.
    Laugh cbwjm, KahlessNestor laughed with this post

Apparently I should be an editor/proofreader. No consequences for screwing up and I've got an army of defenders saying it's a hard job and that mistakes are always made to to justify any mistakes I make

+ Log in or register to post
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply