[Newbie Here] Help!?

Gerald

First Post
SxyLilCntryGal said:
Hey. I am new to this whole game, although myfriends have played it. I am trying to get started on 3.0. Angelsboi sent me here.
First of all, welcome to the hobby!

What would you like know?

Rashak Mani

First Post
You Gay too ? hhmm... nevermind that question...

hehe... sorry. Couldnt resist asking.

Well could you specify what help you need ?

(Edit... yeah welcome to D&D. Your friends should be able to help you a lot... )

Last edited:

ForceUser

Explorer
Welcome to the boards! This is a good place to come to socialize with other gamers, ask questions about gaming-related stuff, and generally goof off. :)

Gerald

First Post
SxyLilCntryGal said:
I am just a little confused on all the things I have to do. So, that's what I need some help on.
Well, in my game, all I ask is that the players know how to read their character sheets (so I don't get blank stares when I ask "What's your Reflex save mod?" or the like...).

SxyLilCntryGal

First Post
well.. i don't exactly know how to go about creating a character. the only thing i know is that i have a players handbook. sorry for being difficult

Anabstercorian

First Post
Well, admittedly the rules are very complex. For generating a character, they can be even more so. I'll try to guide you through it.

To generate your ability scores, you'll roll four normal, six sided dice, remove whichever one rolled lowest, and add up the rest. Record the result. Do that six times and record all six numbers. Put each of those in one of the six statistics - Higher is better.
Strength makes you better at using weapons hand-to-hand, dexterity makes you better at avoiding damage and using weapons like bows or guns, and Constitution lets you take punishment without dying.
Intelligence helps you learn skills quickly, wisdom helps you resist deception and mind control, and charisma helps you win other people on to your side.
Any of those last three can make you a better spellcaster.

Next, pick a species. Humans are pretty good at everything, but they aren't the best at anything. Dwarves make the best fighters and craftsmen, and they also make good wizards. Elves make good wizards and archers. Half elves are great at dealing with people so they make good bards. Gnomes are great bards or illusionists. Halflings are great at sneaking and athletics.

Each species has different bonuses and penalties described in their entry in the players handbook. Make a note of those, and add them to your list of notes if you need to.

More later.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases