D&D 5E [5E] [RG] JM's A Bit of Trouble

This is the Rogue's Gallery thread for JM's A Bit of Trouble.

Links to: [thread="601348"]IC[/thread] [THREAD="597747"]OOC[/THREAD]

Character Creation:
The story will start in a smallish town named Bit, which is why it is the center of the geography above. Bit's port only supports medium or smaller ships as the two piers are not long. There are many farms surrounding Bit. Most of the other civilized centers nearby consider Bit a backwater. And most of the farmers complain Bit is becoming too cosmopolitan. Bit is ruled by a four rich families as a sort of oligarchy. Most of the land close to Bit is owned by the four families and rented by the farmers. There are a dozen or so villages in the Bit area (that you are free to name if you want to come from one).

Abilities: Point buy, let's try 29 points, a little extra power might be good. But nothing above 15 before racial adjustments.
Races: I'd prefer half "normal" PHB races at a minimum. Maybe 1-2 outliers. I don't want a party menagerie. WotC published sources only unless I specifically clear it.
Classes: I'd like to stick to PHB for the classes but specialization paths/oaths/schools/etc can be any WotC published source, including Xanathar once I get my copy in the mail (we should not reach levels where this matters, aside from Clerics and Wizards, before it ships.) Warlock patrons can be good: good does not equal nice.
Backgrounds: I'm very flexible here. As long as you can get me a copy of it and the feature isn't ridiculous, I'll probably approve it.
Level: 1 Advancement: Milestone
HP: Max the first 3 levels, average after that.
Alignment: Only Goodish alignments. No CN unless you are the one in one hundred player who can be CN without being a dick. I strongly disapprove of PvP in my games.
Multiclassing: I will not penalize ASIs based on class level as RAW dictates. But, I don't like dips. No class level can be less than 1/3 of any other class level.
Feats: Feats are allowed. But I'd like them to be somewhat unique. Three PCs with Alert, for example, would bug me. I am also open to homebrew feats on a case by base basis. But I also reserve the right to revisit something if it is disrupting the game.
Equipment: Average starting gold + 5 gp.

Personality, Ideals, bonds, flaws, traits, etc: I'm not a stickler on these things. Fill them out as best you can. But if you want to change them later because the direction the character goes changes, no problem.

History: At least a few paragraphs of character history isn't too much to ask for.

I want the PCs to be somewhat aware of one another, not necessarily friends (or rivals or enemies either), just family reputation is fine. As long as they are not total strangers. How the PCs are aware of one another will be known before the IC thread is created. Each character must have some connection to at least two other characters.

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Perin Wolfrider, Ranger 1

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 15
Initiative: +2 (Roll With Advantage)
HP: 28 HD: 3/3d10

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6+4 Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Spellcasting 3/3 Level 1: Hunters Mark; Goodberry; Longstrider

Blaith
AC 15 (13 Natural +2 prof)
HP: 11 HD: 2/2

Pack Tactics:
Bite: +4 5ft 2d4+2 Trip (DC 11 STR or fall prone)

[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Features]
Stought Halfling
Increase DEX by 2 and CON by 1
Size: Small Speed: 25
Lucky: When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die
Brave. Vou have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
Halfling Nimbleness. Vou can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.
Languages: Common; Halfling
Stout Resilience: advantage on saves vs poison and resistance vs poison damage

Folk Hero:
Skills: Animal Handling; Survival
Artisans Tools, Vehicles (Land)
Rustic Hospitality: You can find a place to rest, hide or recuperate among the common folk unless you have proved to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or someone looking for you, but will not risk their lives for you.

Ranger (Level 1)
HD: 3d10
Armour, Light and Medium armour, shields
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple weapons; Martial weapons
Saves: STR, DEX
Skills: Nature; Animal Handling; Perception
Favoured enemy: (Humanoids); +2 weapon damage; advantage to track and recall information; gain 1 language (goblin)
Natural Explorer: Ignore difficult terrain; advantage on initiative rolls; on first turn of combat you have advantage vs creatures that have not yet acted. When traveling for an hour or more; difficult terrain doesn't slow your group; you can't get lost; remain alert to danger while engaged in another activity; move stealthily at normal pace while traveling alone; find twice as much food from foraging; while tracking you learn how many, the size and how long ago they passed.
Ranger (Level 2)
Fighting Style: Dueling
Spellcasting: 2 Spells Known
Spell Slots: 2 Level 1 (Hunters Mark, Absorb Elements)
Ranger (Level 3)
Primeval Awareness
Ranger Conclave (Beast)
Animal Companion (Blaith)
Companion Bond

Background: Folk Hero

[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Abilities and saves]
ABILITIES(mod/save)
STR*: 15 (+2/+4)
DEX*: 14 (+2/+4)
CON: 15 (+2/+2)
INT: 10 (0/0)
WIS: 14 (+2/+2)
CHA: 8 (-1/-1)

Profciency bonus: +2

OFFENSE:
Saber: +4 5ft 1d6+4 Finesse Light
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

SKILLS:
Athletics: +2

Acrobatics: 2
Sleight of Hand: 2
*Stealth: 4

Arcana: 0
History: 0
Investigation: 0
*Nature: +2
Religion: 0

*Animal Handling: +4
Insight: +2
Medicine: +2
*Perception: +4
*Survival: +4

Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1

Passive Perception: 12[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Equipment and Spells]
EQUIPMENT
Chain Shirt
Short Sword (2)
Light Crossbow
Bolts (40)
Explorers Pack (Backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations,
a waterskin. 50 feet hempen rope.

PP GP EP SP CP
0 1 0 0 0
[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=personality and background]
DESCRIPTION
Personality: Perin’s young life as a slave has left him dour and quite. His isolated life in the wilderness hasn’t helped and he doesn’t open up easily about his past. He does talk easily, if bluntly about current events though.

TRAITS
Personality: I judge people by their actions, not their words.
Ideal: People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.
Bond: I have a family, but l have no idea where they are. One day, I hope to see them again.
Flaw: I have trouble trusting in my allies.

BACKGROUND:
Perin was captured by hob-goblins in a raid on his home when he was very young. Perin was given the task of feeding the wolves by his captors who fully expected him to be part of the meal. But Perin showed an affinity with animals that kept him safe.

Once they realised that Perin actually cared for the creatures they took great delight in forcing him to kill the runts from each litter born. Perin managed to spirit away one runt pup and keep it safe, feeding it from his own meagre rations until it grew too big to hide in camp.

Perin smuggled his wolf pup out of camp, intent on setting him free, until it occurred to him that if he was out of camp he could escape. He wondered aimlessly through the wilderness for a few days before coming across a dwarf named Viet who directed Perin back to civilization.

Perin never fully integrated back into society, preferring the solitude of the wilderness and the company of his wolf Amarok. He did make good use of his time in captivity though, using what he learnt of hobgoblins, Perin has spent the last two decades tracking the creatures and alerting local farmsteads and villages of imminent raids. Earning himself a bit of a reputation. Amarok grew up and formed his own pack and has long since passed away, but Perin still sees Amarok’s legacy patrolling the Groaning Forest.

Over the years he has gotten to know a few others that have spent some time in the Groaning forest; a gnome by the name of Bree and Human names Valeria. Plot hook reason for going back to town Perin hopes to find Bree and Valeria, while calling them friends would be a stretch Perin doesn't know anyone else he could ask to help with this. And besides he still owes Viet an ale.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Blaith]
Wolf (Medium Beast, Unaligned)
AC 15 (13 Natural +2 prof)
HP: 11 HD: 2/2
STR: 12 (+1)
DEX: 15 (+2)
CON: 12 (+1)
INT: 3 (-4)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 6 (-2)

+2 (Prof) to all saves
Skills
Perception; Stealth; Athletics; Intimidation
Keen Hearing and Smell

Pack Tactics:
Bite: +4 5ft 2d4+2 Trip (DC 11 STR or fall prone)

Bond: The ranger who travels with me is a beloved companion for whom I would gladly give my life.
Trait: I stay on alert so others can rest.
Flaw: If there’s food left unattended, I’ll eat it.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
Veit Ironfist barbarian 1
[sblock=Basic Information]
Name: Veit Ironfist
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Barbarian
BackGround: Urban Bounty Hunter
Alignment: Lawful Good
Appearance: Tall for a dwarf Veit stands 5 feet even and weighs 170 lbs. With an angular face and narrow, for a dwarf shoulders Veit is normally seen wearing black traveling clothes and a black hooded cloak.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat]
AC 15
HP 15/15
SPD 25
Initiative +2
Maul 5ft melee+5 to hit 2d6+3 bludgeoning
Handaxe 5ft melee or 20/60 ranged +5 to hit 1d6 +3 slashing
Javelin range 30/120 +5 to hit 1d6+3 piercing
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
STR 16 (+3), DEX 14 (+2), CON 16 (+3), INT 10 (0), WIS 12 (+1),CHA 10 (0)
AC 15 (unarmored defense)
HP 14
SPD 25
HD 1d12
Initiative +2
ST: Strength +5, Constitution +5

[/sblock]
[sblock=Skills]
Athletics +2, Animal Handling +1, Arcana +0, Athletics +3, Deception +0, History +0, Insight +3, Intimidation +0, Investigation +0, Medicine+1, Nature +1, Perception +3, Performance +0, Persuasion +0, Religion +0, Sleight of Hand +2, Stealth +4, Survival +3
Proficiencies: light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons, brewer’s tools, thieves tools, dice.
Languages: Comon, Dwarvish
[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment]: Maul, 3 javelins, 2 hand axes, backpack, a crowbar, a hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, a tinderbox, 10 days of rations, 2 waterskin, 50 feet of hempen rope, travelers clothes, bed roll, tent and pouch containing 35 GP 33 SP
[/sblock]
[sblock=Features]
Darkvision. Can see in dim light within 60ft as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light.
Dwarven Resilience. You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage.
Stonecunning. Whenever you make an Intelligence(History) check related to the orgin of stonework, you are considered proficient in the History skill and add double your proficiency bonus to the check, instead of your normal proficiency bonus.
Rage. 2 per long rest, +2 damage on strength attacks, advantage on strength checks and strength ST. Resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
Unarmored Defense 10 +Dex modifier + Constitution modifier. Can also use shield.
Ear to the Ground. You are in frequent contact with people in the segment of society that your chosen quarries move through. These people might be associated with the criminal underworld, the rough-and-tumble folk of the streets, or members of high society. This connection comes in the form of a contact in any city you visit, a person who provides information about the people and places of the local area.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Personality]
Personality: Generally amiable Veit reaches out to those around him and tries to makes friends. He is quick to talk at length about almost any issues with the exception of his early years. He is quick to trust people and is at times overly confident in his abilities.
Personality Traits: I don’t pay attention to the risks in a situation. Never tell me the odds.
The best way to get me to do something is to tell me I can’t do it.
Ideals: Redemption. There’s a spark of good in everyone.
Bond: I’m guilty of a terrible crime. I hope I can redeem myself for it.
Flaw: Now that I’ve returned to the world, I enjoy its delights a little too much.
[/sblock]
[sblock=History]
Born to the respectful Ironfist family in the Kaur Mountains Veit spent most of his early life wanting something more than a life undergrounds. In his early thirties Veit and a few of this friends were involved with a criminal sceme that went bad. While there was no evidence that Veit was directly involve and he was never tried his reputation in the community suffered and he left to find a different path.

Veit spent the next fifty years of his life exploring the Groaning Forest and Swamp of Torment examining his life and the choices he had made. In his time in self imposed exile Veit rededicated himself to the rule of law and to helping the less fortunate.

Around the age of eighty Veit rejoined society and established himself as a respected person in Bit, working as an urban bounty hunter. From time to time Veit travels to Cade-Crable and other larger towns to search for higher paying jobs. Veit specializes in hunting down violent offenders and does not accept jobs that require him to track down the poor for stealing food or other such crimes of survival.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Valeria
Half-elf Bard
Criminal CG
XP: 0 / 300
Strength 12 (+1)
Dexterity 16 (+3)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 12 (+1)
Wisdom 8 (-1)
Charisma 16 (+3)
A reformed thief turned teller of tales and righter of wrongs, Valeria is a multitalented person with the gift of gab.​

[sblock=Appearance, Personality and Backstory]Age 19
Gender Female
Height 5'9""
Weight 165 lb.
Hair Black
Skin Fair
Eyes Grey

Description
A raven-haired beauty, Valeria tries to dress in outfits that combine fashion with utility.​

Traits
Valeria moves with a swan's grace and talks with a tongue of silver.​
Valeria is fussy about her own comforts and appearance.​
Ideal
People should be free to live their lives to the fullest!​
Bond
Valeria owes Veit her life, and would do anything he asked of her. She also has a price on her head in Cade-Crable after running out on their theives' guild before a major heist​
Flaw
Valeria is addicted to gambling, she knows it is a problem but still can't stop herself​

Backstory
Born to a happily married human druid and his elven ranger wife, Valeria was raised in the Groaning Forest where they made their home. They tried as parents do to instill in her the love of nature but failed. Valeria was a child who loved stories of adventure and derring-do and the deep bond with the woods her parents hoped for never blossomed. Veit, Perin and Bree were associates of her parents who acted as advisors and guides to many throughout the forest, and knew their weird daughter.​
Valeria left home when she was 14. Making her way to Cade-Crable, she could not find work and was taken in by Fitz, a common thief and brigand who thought she might have some talent. She proved to be quite succesful and was poised for a fine career in crime.​
One night, her life changed. A gruff dwarven bounty hunter tracked her down while she was about to play her part in a major heist. She was surprised when the dwarf was Veit, and her pleas reminded him that he knew this girl had a moral foundation. He allowed her to go free if she swore an oath to stay on the right side of the law.​
She traveled around, first attaching herself to a performing troupe, who let her in on the secrets of being a bard, then on her own. Her niche was sword and dagger tricks and heroic poetry. She learned the basics of a few instruments as well. Veit kept in touch with her, to make sure she kept her oath.​
She now has made her way to Bit, on her way to reunite with her parents.​
[/sblock][sblock=Skills & Proficiencies]Proficiency Bonus: +2

Skills
  • Acrobatics +5
  • Animal Handling -1
  • Arcana +1
  • Athletics +3
  • Deception +5
  • History +1
  • Insight -1
  • Intimidation +3
  • Investigation +1
  • Medicine -1
  • Nature +1
  • Perception -1
  • Performance +5
  • Persuasion +5
  • Religion +1
  • Sleight of Hand +5
  • Stealth +5
  • Survival -1
Proficiencies
Armor Light Armor
Weapons Simple Weapons, Hand Crossbows, Rapiers, Longswords, Shortswords
Tools Dice, Thieves' Tools, Lute, Flute, Drum
Languages Common, Elven, Other[/sblock][sblock=Combat]AC 14
Initiative +3
Speed 30 ft
Passive Perception +9
HP 10
Hit Dice 1/1
1d6+2

Saving Throws
  • Strength +1
  • Dexterity +5
  • Constitution +2
  • Intelligence +1
  • Wisdom -1
  • Charisma +5
Attacks
  • Shortsword Melee +5 / 1d6+3 piercing finesse, light
  • Shortsword(Off-hand) Melee/Ranged +5 / 1d6 piercing light, finesse
  • Dagger Melee/Ranged +5 / 1d4+3 piercing [20 / 60] light, finesse, thrown
  • Dagger(Off-hand) Melee/Ranged +5 / 1d4 piercing [20 / 60] light, finesse, thrown
Cantrips
  • Vicious Mockery Ranged +5 / 1d4 DC Wis DC 13 psychic [60] disadvantage on the next attack roll
[/sblock][sblock=Features]Background: Criminal(Criminal Contact)
You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liaison to a network of other criminals. You know how to get messages to and from your contact, even over great distances; specifically, you know the local messengers, corrupt caravan masters, and seedy sailors who can deliver messages for you.​

Bard Features
Bardic Inspiration
Use a bonus action on your turn to choose one creature other than yourself within 60 feet of you who can hear you. That creature gains one Bardic Inspiration die, a d6.​
  • Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes.
  • Cha Mod [3] times per LR

Half-elf Features
Darkvision
  • 60'
Fey Ancestry
Adv to being charmed, immune to sleep magic​
[/sblock][sblock=Spellcasting]Spell Slots:
2​
Bard Spells
  • Spell Attack Bonus: +5
  • Spell Save DC: 13
Bard Cantrips
Light, Vicious Mockery​
Bard Spells Known: 4
Healing Word, Faerie Fire, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Unseen Servant​

[/sblock][sblock=Money and Equipment]Money
0 pp, 8 gp, 0 ep, 3 sp, 0 cp​
Carried
  • Leather Armor
  • Short Sword (2)
  • Dagger(2)
  • Thieves' Tools
  • Backpack
  • Bedroll
  • Rations (5 days)
  • Waterskin
  • Costume (2)
  • Traveler's Clothes
[/sblock][sblock=Notes][/sblock]

Last edited:

SunGold

First Post
Breealee ("Bree") Topps, Fey-Warlock 1

Breealee is a touch small even for a gnome, but her diminutive frame doesn't stop her from chasing adventure. Her mousy brown hair and moss-green eyes make her seem a living piece of the forest she so enthusiastically explores.

[sblock=Basics & Proficencies]Race: Forest Gnome Gender: Female Class: Fey-Warlock 1 Background: Custom - Forest Explorer Alignment: CG Age: 20

HP: 10 HD: 1 (d8) AC: 15 (12 studded leather +3 dex) Initiative: +3 Passive Perception: 10

Str: 8 (-1) Dex: 16 (+3) Con: 15 (+2) Int: 10 (+0) Wis: 10 (+0) Cha: 15 (+2)

Proficencies:

Skills: Nature (+2), Arcana (+2), Stealth (+5), Acrobatics (+5)
Saving throws: Wis, Cha
Weapons: Simple weapons
Armor: Light armor
Tools: None

Languages: Common, Gnomish, Elvish, Sylvan

Gnome features:
Darkvision - You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of grey.

Gnome Cunning - You have advantage on all Int, Wis, and Cha saving throws against magic.

Natural Illusionist - You know the minor illusion cantrip. Int is your spellcasting ability for it.

Speak with Small Beasts - Through sounds and gestures, you can communicate simple ideas with Small or smaller beasts.

Warlock features:
Fey Presence - As an action, you can cause each creature in a 10-foot cube originating from you to make a Wis saving throw against your Warlock spell save DC. The creatures that fail their saving throws are all charmed or frightened by you (your choice) until the end of your next turn. 1/ short or long rest. [/sblock]
[sblock=Spellcasting]Spell attack mod: +4
Spell save DC: 12

Cantrips known: Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation, Minor Illusion (Minor Illusion cast w/ Int)
Spells known: Hex, Protection from Evil and Good

Spell slots: 1 (1st)[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment]Dagger x2 (+5 atk, 1d4+3 dmg)

Studded leather armor, staff, explorer's pack, traveler's clothes, tent, pouch containing 16 gp 5 sp[/sblock]
[sblock=History]Breealee grew up in a secluded village of gnomes in the Groaning Wood. She was happy in her youth, but as she grew older, it became increasingly clear that she didn't quite fit in with her fellow gnomes. While her peers took to subjects like the arcane arts or engineering, Bree had no talent for such things, and no amount of study seemed to help. She preferred to spend her days exploring the Groaning Wood, befriending the animals and people she crossed paths with.

One day, after a particularly frustrating afternoon of lessons, Bree packed her knapsack and left the village to clear her head. In her travels she met a fey spirit, an ancient man with a mossy beard and joints like gnarled roots. He listened to her worries, and after a long silence, he spoke. "If you're unhappy here, then leave the forest, little one," he told her. "And take a bit of home with you," he added with a smile. He reached a crooked finger out to her forehead, and she felt the rush of magic in her veins. Too excited for words, she hugged him tightly, and then scampered from the clearing. "And you can always come home!" he called after her with a laugh as she ran.

As Bree approached her village to pack and say goodbye, anxiety began to mingle with her excitement. As much as she enjoyed exploring the forest, she was apprehensive about adventuring beyond its borders. She was glad to have a few acquaintances who lived outside the forest, and hoped to see a familiar face or two when she headed toward town.[/sblock]

Thateous

Explorer
[sblock=Everett CG ♂ High Elven Wizard 3]

[sblock=Appearance]
Size: Medium
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 165 lb
Skin: fair
Eyes: Green
Hair: Sandy
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background/Noble]
This six foot tall blonde haired, green eyed, fair skinned, dream boat of a man has success written all over him. One look at this handsome fellow makes men cuff their ladies and ladies cuff their men. Very knowledgeable in matters of the arcane, he regularly gets himself into trouble and has been knocked on his arse on more than one occasion. A mayoral decree forced him to put a glove on his "invisible hand", a cloak on his "unseen servant", and keep his "familiar" on his person to ease the civil unrest amongst the community. Frequents mid-range to upscale establishments and is regularly seen schmoozing unwed noble daughters and bar wenches alike. Despite his unruly behavior he is still popular among the common folk and is not above helping the less fortunate among them with a spell or two. With a loveable (sometimes read "punch-able") face you will spot from across the courtyard, you're sure to want him involved in any adventuring schemes you have planned.

Anyone familiar with Bit knows of me. Helpful toward the elderly, flirtatious with the ladies, and playful with the kids. He's run into Veit a few times and had his face saved a few bruises once or twice by the his interjection. The tall elf had a mild encounter with Valeria on her way into Bit. He'd been helping an aging hunter haul his kill into town when they bumped into the Half-Elf on the path toward Bit. Everett wasted no time introducing himself and flirting with the lady, but she was quick to shut him down. Her sharp tongue more than a match for his own. She picked up the pace leaving the Elf with a long face, forced to keep pace with the aging ranger who just grinned ear to ear at the situation.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ability Scores]
Strength 8 (-1)
Dexterity 14 (+2)
Constitution 13 (+1)
Intelligence 16 (+3)
Wisdom 12 (+1)
Charisma 14 (+2)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Essentials]
Total Hit Points: 17
HD: 3
Speed: 30 ft
Armor Class: 12 = +2 [Dex]
Initiative modifier: 2 = +2 [Dex]
Str save: -1 = -1 [Str]
Dex save: +2 = +2 [Dex]
Con save: +1 = +1 [Con]
Int save: +5 = +3 [Int] +2 [Prof]
Wis save: +3 = +1 [Wis] +2 [Prof]
Cha save: +2 = +2 [Cha]

Languages: Common, Elven, Infernal, Draconic

Quarterstaff [1d8, 4 lb, bludgeoning]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Spells]
[sblock=Level 0]
Acid Splash
Create Bonfire
Mage Hand
Poison Spray
[/sblock]
[sblock=Level 1 4 Per Day]
Find Familiar
Fog Cloud
Grease
Ice Knife
Tenser's Floating Disk
Unseen Servant
Shield
Burning hands
[/sblock]
[Sblock=Level 2 2 Per day]
Flaming sphere
Scorching ray
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[sblock= Abilities]
Arcane Recovery: Once per day after a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.

Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.

Trance: You meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours of sleep.

[sblock=Winston] Flying Squirrel Fey Familiar
Str 4, Dex 13, climb 30, fly 20 (must land each round). Keen senses.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Skills]
Acrobatics +2 = +2 [Dex]
Animal Handling +1 = +1 [Wis]
Arcana 5 = +3 [Int] +2 [Prof]
Athletics -1 = -1 [Str]
Deception +2 = +2 [Cha]
History +5 = +3 [Int] +2 [Prof]
Insight +3 = +1 [Wis] +2 [Prof]
Intimidation +2 = +2 [Cha]
Investigation +3 = +3 [Int]
Medicine +1 = +1 [Wis]
Nature +3 = +3 [Int]
Perception +3 = +2 [Prof] +1 [Wis]
Performance +2 =+2 [Cha]
Persuasion +4 = +2 [Cha] +2 [Prof]
Religion +3 = +3 [Int]
Sleight of Hand +2 = +2 [Dex]
Stealth +2 = +2 [Dex]
Survival +1 = +1 [Wis]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Equipment]
Gold 15gp
Total 37 lb

4 lb Quarter-staff
1 lb Fancy Clothes
10 lb Rations (1 day) x10
5 lb Water-skins x1
7 lb Bedroll
5 lb Rope (50', Hempen)
5 lb Backpack
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Keth_2.jpg

[sblock=Keth]
Race: Half-Orc
Class/Level: Cleric 2
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (orc)
Init: +0
Speed: 30ft
Senses: Passive Perception: 14
Languages Common, Orc
Background: Soldier
Ispiration: none

STATISTICS
Str 17 (+3), Dex 10 (+0) , Con 15 (+2), Int 08 (-1), Wis 14(+2), Cha 12 (+1)

AC: 16 (ringmail, shield)
HP: 17 (2d8 +4)
Prof. Bonus +2
Proficiencies: All armors and shields, all simple and martial weapons
Tools: Vehicles(land), Dice
Feats: none
Saves: WIS +4, CHA +3
Special Defenses: none

Combat:
MELEE: Battleaxe +5 ATK, 1d8+3 slashing, versatile (1d10)
MELEE: Mace +5 ATK, 1d6+3 bludeoning
MELEE/RANGE: Dagger +5 ATK, 1d4+3 piercing; finesse, light, range (20/60)

Skills:
+0 (dex) Acrobatics
+2 (wis) Animal Handling
-1 (int) Arcana
+5 (str) Athletics*
+1 (cha) Deception
-1 (int) History
+4 (wis) Insight*
+3 (cha) Intimidation*
-1 (int) Investigation
+2 (wis) Medicine
-1 (int) Nature
+4 (wis) Perception*
+1 (cha) Performance
+1 (cha) Persuasion
+1 (int) Religion*
+0 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+0 (dex) Stealth (disadvantage)
+2 (wis) Survival
* proficient

Racial:
+2 STR, +1 CON
Speed: 30 feet
Darkvision: 60'
Menacing: gain proficiency in the Intimidation skill
Relentless Endurance: When reduced to zero hit points, but not killed outright, you may drop to one hit point instead. Usable 1/long rest
Savage Attacks: When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you can roll one of the weapon's damage dice one additional time and add it to the extra damage of the critical hit.
Languages: Common, Orc

Soldier:
Skills: Athletics and Intimidation
Tools: Vehicles(land) and one Gaming Set
Feature: Military Rank (Sergeant)

Cleric:
- Divine Domain: War
- Bonus Proficiencies: Gain proficiencey with all martial weapons and heavy armor
- War Priest : 2/long rest, When you use the Attack action, you can make one weapon attack as a bonus action.
- Domain Spells: divine favor, shield of faith
- Channel Divinity: 1/rest; Turn Undead and Guided Strike
- Spellcasting:
- Cantrips: toll the dead, light, mending
- Spells Prepared: 3
- Spell save DC 12
- Spell attack +4
- Ritual Casting
- Spellcasting Focus: holy symbol

Combat Gear:
ring mail
shield
battleaxe
mace
daggers x2

Other Gear:
holy symbol - amulet
rope, 50' hempen
clothes, traveler's
Backpack
- bedroll
- mess kit
- tinderbox
- torches 10/10
- rations 10/10
- waterskin
- sack
- whetstone
- common clothes
Belt Pouch
- bone dice
- loose coins

Treasure:
GP: 27 SP: 8 CP: 8

Carrying Capacity: 255 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift: 510 lbs
Climb: 15' Swim: 15'
Long Jump: 17' & 8.5'
High Jump: 6' & 3'
Hold Breath: 3 minutes

Personality:
Trait: I hate bullies. Bullies get axed in the face.
Trait: I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.
Ideal: We all share in the work, so we all share in the reward.
Bond: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Flaw: I obey the law (and orders), even if those laws cause misery.

Sex: Male
Height: 6'-3"
Weight: 242lbs
Hair Color: Dark brown,
Facial Hair: none
Eye Color: brown
Skin Tone: light grey
Scars/Tattoos: none
Description: A hulking figure Keth wears his hair in a bowl cut (helment cut?) and has one prototuding tusk above his lip that has been broken off. His skin looks near sickly so he exposes as little of his arms and legs as possible. He also has very hairy shoulders, chest, stomach, and legs.

Background:
Whenever he's asked about his past Keth's face takes on a serious frown. Not sure if the whole story he was told was the truth he relays what he knows to be fact.

Left for dead as a newborn on the fringes of the Groaning Forest, he was lucky to be found by a group of hunters risking the dark forest. Why was he abandonded? What did he do to be cast out into the wilds only hours old? Keth had no answers to those questions, only a silent thank you to the gods above for sending the goodmen who found him crying naked in the cold.

They hailed from a homestead near Groaning, a small three family farm that tried to stay out of the poltics of the world. A place to work, love, and grow old. Had Keth no orc blood in his veins he may have stayed and hunted and tilled until his hairs turned as gray as his skin.

It was the emblem of the Ten Swords that called to that blood. They passed through once every year, trading news, tabcoo, and shells from the coast. Keth was enthralled by the arms and armor each mercenary carried and by the tales of battles and monster-slaying they told around the fire. When he became a man in the eyes of his adoptive family, it was with heavy hearts that they consented to his wishes to join the mercenary company.

It was during his time with the Ten Swords that he came across his older half-brother, but he talks little and frowns, saying his not sure what he learned from him was the whole-truth. Keth never blamed the man for the actions of their mother and they parted as friends.

He also met Veit Ironfist on his travels across the Old Empire and the two became a good team, having a few side adventures of their own. One of those adventures involved revealing a counterfeit scam being ran by the Ten Swords own quartermaster. It was Keth's bad luck to be the person caught using fake coin to try and purchase goods for the mercenary group. Kept in jail for three days the half-orc warrior found himself on his knees asking for help from The Family of the Tierden'Tor, more than trusting in the corrupted system of men. Veit discovered the mint's location and proof of the quartermaster switching the real gold he was given for purchases with his fake currency. Together they brought the whole operation down and during the fight with the quartermaster and his devilish ally Keth was aided by the gods N'drovio and Essembri, taking his first steps on a new path.

Although found not guilty by the local officals, he was dismissed from the Ten Swords unjustly. Maybe this was the gods will, but he was unsure and needed answers, so he traveled to Bit with Veit seeking them.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Delmirev Surina, Silver Dragonborn Paladin 3, LG

Mini Stats

HP: 36/36
AC: 18 (Chain +shield)
PP: 10
Initiative +0
Resistant to Cold Damage

Abilities and Skills
Str: 16 (+3)
Dex: 10 (0)
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 10 (0)
Wis: 10 (0)
Cha: 16 (+3)

Saves
STR +3 DEX 0 CON +2 INT 0 *WIS +2 *CHA +5

Acrobatics +0
Animal Handling +0
Arcana +0
Athletics +3
Deception +3
History +0
*Insight +2
Intimidation +3
Investigation +0
*Medicine +2
Nature +0
Perception +0
Performance +3
*Persuasion +5
*Religion +2
Sleight of Hand +0
Stealth +0
Survival +0

Weapons and Attacks
Javelin (+5 to hit; 1d6+3 dmg)
Longsword (+5 to hit; 1d8+3)
Breath Weapon: 15ft cone 2d6 cold damage DC 14 Con save for half damage (1/short rest)
Unarmed Strike (+5 to hit; 4 dmg)

Spellcasting
3/3 level 1 spell slots; Can prepare 4 spells
Spell Attack Bonus: +5
Spell Save DC: 13

Prepared spells
Divine Favor-C
Searing Smite-C
Thunderous Smite-C
Cure Wounds
Protection from Good and Evil-C [oath spell; always prepared]
Sanctuary [oath spell; always prepared]

Features
Fighting Style: Protection (While wielding a shield and a creature you can see attacks a target other than you within 5 ft., you can use your reaction to impose disadvantage on the attack roll.)
Draconic Ancestry: breath weapon and cold resistance; see above
Acolyte background: Shelter of the Faithful (Church connections; possibly free healing/support)
Divine Sense (detect celestial, fiend, undead within 60 ft as an action) 4/long rest
Lay on Hands: 15hp healing/long rest
Channel Divinity: 1/short rest two options:
Sacred weapon [1 minute, weapon magical, bright light 20ft; dim light additional 20 ft; Add CH bonus to attack roll]
Turn the Unholy any fiend/undead within 30 ft must make DC 13 WIS saving through or be turned for 1 minute or until it takes damage]

Inventory
CP:
SP
GP: 20
EP:
PP:

Chain Mail
Shield (with Holy Symbol)
6 Javelins
Longsword

Alms Box
Amulet (also Holy Symbol?)
Backpack
Blanket
Block of Incense
Candle
Censer
Clothes, Common
Tinderbox
Vestments
Waterskin
Self mending rope [50 feet of silk rope that is self repairing. When cut, the rope will mending itself 10 minutes later as long as all the pieces are within 120 feet.]
3 sets of winter clothing
30 days rations
1 vial of holy water (25gp)
1 healing potion (50 gp)
1 hooded lantern (5gp?)
5 flasks of oil (5 sp?)
2 Healer's kit (10 gp)

Personality and Backstory
Personality Trait: I am quick to pray for guidance and support. A devout follower of the family knows the gods both speak and listen to the faithful.

Ideals: Charity. I always try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost.

Bonds: Everything I do is for the common people.

Flaws: Self-righteous; I have high moral standards and expect others--especially leaders of my faith and those touched by the divine--to live up to them.

Surina grew up in her family's home in the Commons. Her parents were makers of wine and cider, supplying the needs of several of the modest taverns and food stalls in town. While her parents were fair and principled in their business, Surina learned early that not everyone was. She saw the poverty and danger in parts of the Commons and in the Dinge. She watched with envy and a sense of misgiving as the wealthier families in town often did as they pleased, sometimes cheating more modest but honest merchants, or taking advantage of the common people, especially common women.

With her winsome personality and commitment to hard work, Surina was an asset to her parents' business. She found it easy to make connections and build friendships with the tavern keepers who were her parents customers. Yet she felt something else calling her. Devout even as a child, she soon realized she was hearing the call of the Family of the Tierden'Tor, especially Essembri and N'drovio. She became an acolyte at the church. She thought in doing so that she could become a force for good, and for justice for the common people, but she found herself feeling confined and stifled. Physical pursuits came easier than studying theology. She began to understand that she could fight for justice best if she learned to actually fight, and so trained as a holy warrior in Cade-Crable. Now she was returning home for the Summer Festival, and seeking to put her training to use.

Last edited:

Zadolix

First Post
View attachment 96220

Zadolix Blackbeard
[sblock]
Race: Hill Dwarf
Alignment: Neutral Good
Class / Level: Fighter 2
Background: Sailor
Languages: Common, Dwarvish

APPEARANCE
Height: 4' 5"
Weight: 187lbs
Eyes - Dark Brown, missing one eye and wears a patch
Skin - Sun Tanned
Hair - Bald, with a blackbeard
General appearance - Ruddy brown Sailor clothes with embroidered dwarven runes denoting my status as prominent sailor, a tattooed arm, bald head with an eye patch on his left eye, and a grey bandana.
[/sblock]

STATISTICS
[sblock]
Str 15 (+2)
Dex 12 (+1)
Con 16 (+3)
Int 8 (-1)
Wis 14 (+2)
Cha 12 (+1)

Passive Perception - 14

Proficiency bonus +2

Hit Die - D10 (2)[/sblock]

SAVING THROWS
[sblock]
+4 Strength
+1 Dexterity
+5 Constitution
-1 Intelligence
+2 Wisdom
+1 Charisma

Dwarven Resilience
Advantage on Saving Throws (Against Poison)
[/sblock]

COMBAT
[sblock]
Speed: 25ft
Init: +1
AC: 16
HP Max: 23
Current HP: 10

Warhammer (2 handed)
+4 to hit
1d10 +2 damage

Handaxe
+4 to hit
1d6 +2 damage

Net (ranged 5ft / 15ft)
+4 to hit
Special - A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

When you use an action, bonus action, or reaction to attack with a net, you can make only one attack regardless of the number of attacks you can normally make.

Great Weapon Fighting
When you roll a 1 or 2 on a damage die for an attack you make with a melee weapon that you are wielding with two hands, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll, even if the new roll is a 1 or a 2. The weapon must have the two-handed or versatile property for you to gain this benefit.

Second Wind
You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.

Action Surge
Starting at 2nd level, you can push yourself beyond your normal limits for a moment. On Your Turn, you can take one additional action on top of your regular action and a possible Bonus Action.

Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or Long Rest before you can use it again. Starting at 17th level, you can use it twice before a rest, but only once on the same turn.[/sblock]

PROFICIENT SKILLS
[sblock]
+3 Acrobatics (Dex)
+4 Insight (Wis)
+4 Athletics (Str)
+4 Perception (Wis)
[/sblock]

OTHER SKILLS
[sblock]
+2 Animal Handling (Wis)
-1 Arcana (Int)
+1 Deception (Cha)
-1 History (Int)
+1 Intimidation (Cha)
-1 Investigation (Int)
+2 Medicine (Wis)
-1 Nature (Int)
+1 Performance (Cha)
+1 Persuasion (Cha)
-1 Religion (Int)
+1 Sleight of Hand (Dex)
+1 Stealth (Dex)
+2 Survival (Wis)

Stonecunning
Whenever you make an Intelligence (History) check related to the origin of stonework, you are considered proficient in the History skill and add double your proficiency bonus to the check, instead of your normal proficiency bonus.

Dwarven Toughness
Your hit point maximum increases by 1, and it increases by 1 every time you gain a level.
[/sblock]

ITEM PROFICIENCIES
[sblock]
Armor: All armor, shields
Weapons: All Simple weapons, All martial weapons
Tools: Brewer's kit, Navigator's tools
[/sblock]

EQUIPMENT
[sblock]

15gp

- Chain Mail
- Handaxe x2
- Warhammer
- Net
- Backpack
- Bedroll
- Clothes, Common
- Mess Kit
- Rations (1 day) (10)
- Rope, Hempen (50 feet)
- Tinderbox
- Torch (10)
- Waterskin
- Belaying Pin (Club)
- 50 feet of Silk Rope
- A finely crafted compass (lucky charm)
[/sblock]

BACKSTORY AND PERSONALITY
[sblock]
Sailor

Trait: I enjoy sailing into new ports and making new friends over a flagon of ale
Ideal: The Sea is freedom - the freedom to go anywhere and do anything.
Bond: Ruthless pirates murdered my Lieutenant and crewmates, plundered our ship and left me to die. Vengeance will be mine.
Flaw: Once someone questions my courage, I never back down no matter how dangerous the situation.

Zadolix hails from the Blackbeard Clan of the hills near the Kaurshale Mountains, the son of a wealthy business owner. The Blackbeard Clan run a family business that has been booming for the last century - A Dwarven Merchant Freight company who deal in exporting the precious metals from the Kaurshale mines to the non-Dwarven colonies and various city states in the former empire. From a young age Zadolix showed an uncanny knack for sea legs as a dwarf, able to stomach and balance himself both in and on water. This led to Zadolix discovering the wide open sea for himself when he came of age and started to take part in running the business, even as far as escorting the goods himself on ship voyages. This made him quite the free spirit, esteeming business, as they say, as being good for society. In that sense he is less traditional than some of his counterparts and enjoys the freedom and exploration that trade and a life at sea gives him.

However it was not without cost. One voyage saw Zadolix's ship assailed by Hobgoblin raiding party as it passed near the coast of strife due to Zadolix not heeding the warnings from his crew, thinking himself not afraid of such creatures. A violent battle ensued but the well trained Hobgoblins slaughtered the crew and Zadolix's Lieutenant before his eyes, while also taking an almost fatal arrow to the eye himself rendering him unconscious, and thought dead by the hobgoblins. The Hobgoblins plundered the precious metals and left the ship and it's crew floating at sea for dead. When Zadolix regained consciousness, he took an escape boat, paddled back to the Blackbeard Clan, and tried to explain what happened. The clan was furious, and could not believe Zadolix would make such a novice error in their eyes sailing so close to Strife. As the heir of the business Zadolix now sees it as important to prove his own worth again to his clan by settling the score with the Hobgoblins who destroyed his crewmates and stole precious dwarven metal. Zadolix almost always escorts the metal exports himself in person along with fellow workers to ensure that never again will would be pirates and vagabonds plunder the Kaurshale mine's goods.

On his most recent voyage, Zadolix has delivered the latest shipment of goods to Bit for the local smithies just before the Summer festival hit. It's been a long time since he last visited Bit and he is eager to seek out old connections and friends and enjoy some fine ale over the festival. While spending time down at the local taverns at Ship Bottom He caught wind of rumours that all was not well up at the Leed River. What worried Zadolix more was that he could not find his favourite landmate Delmirev Surina, who he would often enjoy good banter and fine ale with in his previous visits to Bit some years ago. Zadolix would often seek local news and going's on from Surina and respected her approach to hard work and her winsome personality. Perhaps she would know something more concrete of these rumours rather than the hum drum drunkards at the docks.

Ship's Passage
When you need to, you can secure free passage on a sailing ship for yourself and your adventuring companions. You might sail on the ship you served on, or another ship you have good relations with (perhaps one captained by a former crewmate). Because you're calling in a favor, you can't be certain of a schedule or route that will meet your every need. Your Dungeon Master will determine how long it takes to get where you need to go. In return for your free passage, you and your companions are expected to assist the crew during the voyage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads