Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4E Details Emerge

Redditor Paidin_Brewer reported new insights about Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition by Cubicle 7 from PAX Unplugged. What follows are the details the redditor learned -- early summer 2018 release, draws heavily on 1E and 2E, and no re-issued versions of older campaigns.

WFRP-4th-Logo-550.jpg

"In hopes of breaking loose some more information on the upcoming 4th edition of Warhammer Fantasy, I stopped by the Cubicle 7 booth at Pax Unplugged. The employee I spoke to was very excited about the upcoming 4e as a player, but wasn’t on that specific marketing team. He mostly stuck to the talking points others have reported here, but he was helpful in clarifying a few questions I had. I wasn’t recording the discussion, so you’re stuck with my memories unfortunately. Hopefully these tid-bits will help you all too."

We’ve heard this game will be out by the end of the year, is it still on track for a release around Christmas?

He has seen the cover art and it’s great, but it is very unlikely to be out by the end of the calendar year. What they meant was that it will be out before the end of the Fiscal Year, or sometime in the early Summer of 2018

Will the career system still be the primary form of advancement?

He couldn’t confirm how the character would advance, but the system will draw heavily on 1e and 2e. Some of the refinements from 3e will be present if you know where to look for them, but by and large it’ll be dice based like the older versions.

There is a ton of great Warhammer material published in 1e / 2e, will you be re-issuing campaigns with updated rulesets?

Very, very unlikely. Little to no money to be made selling products already widely available. Fans are encouraged to update the existing campaigns on their own. Some conversation guidance may be offered in the future.

More information can be found over at Grim & Perilious.
[FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I'm going to run WHFRP 2e for my next game, but I'm hoping this captures the feel of old school Warhammer gaming. I'm hoping this is the definitive edition .

Banesfinger

Explorer
I hope the new 4e system brings something new to the table, because both Zweihander Grim & Perilous, and Shadows of the Demon Lord have jumped into the WHFRP void.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

I'll be happy if it has more of a 1e flavour. I want to see nipples on my daemonettes, I want to read passages bout nergal that make me want to vomit, I want to see pictures of rats with freaking ear-rings in their ears, I want blood drinkers of khorn to be dripping in blood and guts...I want pentagrams, "dark ritual" stuff, I want to see the necromancer, elementalist and demonologist, all all that other "fluff" stuff that really set Warhammer apart from D&D and RQ. In short, I want it to have a "mature" or "restricted" rating. I want the media to be up in arms about its "obvious use of the occult, demon worship and human sacrifice". I want church ladies to faint when they see the cover. I want priests to go all wide-eyed and cross their chests while saying "In jesus name, protect me". I want it to make so many waves in the RPG industry and the media that people completely forget about D&D for a while. I want it so anti-PC that SJW's *actually* get hospitalized from reading about it. (ok...maybe not actually...but definitely have panic attacks and have to sit down).

I don't think I'll be getting that. :(

Warhammer: Punk :):):):) and spikes. Skulls. Nudity. Blood and gore. Dirt. Grime. Disease. Irredeemable evil bad guys. Doomed world destined to loose to the hoards of Chaos. Death lurking around every corner, in every bed, in every meal, in every battle. Terror. Absolute terror of the night and the dark things that creep about.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Hiya!

I'll be happy if it has more of a 1e flavour. I want to see nipples on my daemonettes, I want to read passages bout nergal that make me want to vomit, I want to see pictures of rats with freaking ear-rings in their ears, I want blood drinkers of khorn to be dripping in blood and guts...I want pentagrams, "dark ritual" stuff, I want to see the necromancer, elementalist and demonologist, all all that other "fluff" stuff that really set Warhammer apart from D&D and RQ. In short, I want it to have a "mature" or "restricted" rating. I want the media to be up in arms about its "obvious use of the occult, demon worship and human sacrifice". I want church ladies to faint when they see the cover. I want priests to go all wide-eyed and cross their chests while saying "In jesus name, protect me". I want it to make so many waves in the RPG industry and the media that people completely forget about D&D for a while. I want it so anti-PC that SJW's *actually* get hospitalized from reading about it. (ok...maybe not actually...but definitely have panic attacks and have to sit down).

Warhammer: Punk :):):):) and spikes. Skulls. Nudity. Blood and gore. Dirt. Grime. Disease. Irredeemable evil bad guys. Doomed world destined to loose to the hoards of Chaos. Death lurking around every corner, in every bed, in every meal, in every battle. Terror. Absolute terror of the night and the dark things that creep about.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Surely you've checked out Zweihänder, right??

Shadows of the Demon Lord doesn't feel anything like WFRP to me, despite multiple citations. Zweihander is more of a WFRP clone, but will lose much of it's relevance if 4th Edition is good.

Cubicle 7 are normally top notch in their production standards and appreciation of subject matter, so I'm happy to wait for what they have got. It's a shame they won't redevelop The Enemy Within Campaign, as it's actually not widely available (legally anyway), and is as much a classic campaign as things like Masks of Nyarlathotep for Call of Cthulhu. I hope they at least see more of the 1st Ed titles returned to PDF format in due course.

76512390ag12

First Post
Hiya!

^_^

Paul L. Ming
You know that SJW don't necessarily have a problem with any of that don't you? Just as long there are all genders of nipples!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e details emerge from PAX Unplugged

Hiya!

^_^

Paul L. Ming

"SJWs" *and* profanity? Please avoid politically loaded terms and profanity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xaelvaen

Stuck in the 90s
I'm so looking forward to this. Got a softback copy of the 1E from a little shop in a halfprice a long time ago, originally sold in a store in England (according to the old sticker on it).

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases