D&D 5E Ending COS soon. What next?

Gwaihir

Explorer
My group will be finishing up Curse of Strahd 5e soon. Finishing at 9th level. Thoughts on what kind of stuff to run next? Im open to stuff of all eras, willing to convert the earlier stuff, this party started in Forgotten Realms before heading to Ravenloft at level 2, but Im not very familiar with FR stuff.
Thanks
G

Fanaelialae

Legend
My group will be finishing up Curse of Strahd 5e soon. Finishing at 9th level. Thoughts on what kind of stuff to run next? Im open to stuff of all eras, willing to convert the earlier stuff, this party started in Forgotten Realms before heading to Ravenloft at level 2, but Im not very familiar with FR stuff.
Thanks
G

Are you planning on continuing your current campaign or starting a new one?

Just for starters, the Domains of Dread (Ravenloft) are vast. There are many old modules out there if you want to continue with the gothic horror theme.

Gwaihir

Explorer
Generally I restart campaigns and worlds together and rarely continue after a campaign climax, but the play at my table last night was such that Im considering just continuing these characters in a different setting.
G

CatholicFan

First Post
It's my understanding that 5e is really intended to be run in the "sweet spot" of 3rd-10th(?) level. If your table is at 9th already, some of the other published 5e stuff might be a good way to go along with a fresh start. I've heard people say good things about Lost Mines of Phandelver, and I played an AL session in Tomb of Annihilation that was interesting. I haven't looked into the other main official adventures, though.

Wiseblood

Adventurer
Nautical or pirate campaign. That is where the money is. You can steal from ToA and the Isle of Dread and many more. Wealth can be had in an instant when they sack a ship and can be lost in an instant when you sink it. Politics of seafaring, trade routes, storms, the Kraken, Dungeons and Dragons. I gotta write this down.

Inchoroi

Adventurer
Nautical or pirate campaign. That is where the money is. You can steal from ToA and the Isle of Dread and many more. Wealth can be had in an instant when they sack a ship and can be lost in an instant when you sink it. Politics of seafaring, trade routes, storms, the Kraken, Dungeons and Dragons. I gotta write this down.

Why stop there? Go to Paizo.com, get the Dungeon magazine issues (139-150, specifically) with Savage Tides in it! God, I love that adventure path. One day. One day, I will run you again, Savage Tides.

Remove ads