LOVING the new Punisher series

Hussar

Legend
Granted I'm only three episodes in, but, WOW. This is some very heavy stuff. Excellent writing, cool story. Just well done all the way around. Bit of a slow burner this time around. MUCH more plotsy.

After seeing many a pretty sad decline of the Netflix Marvel stuff, it looks like they're running on all cylinders again.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
slow burn? thats not the half of it. I was able to watch one and a 1/2 episodes before having to stop from sheer boredom.

That said the production does look good, I will be going back (this afternoon) and hope that things start to pick up. My concern however is that this particular drama is going to be a very deep long haul and not the 3 day binge watches that the other shows were.

I really think the Netflix MArvel shows need to be kept on 8 episode cycles and not stretched out to the 13 episode series that they are doing currently

Last edited:

carrot

Explorer
I'm currently up to Episode 9 and I'm still really enjoying it.

However the burn doesn't really seem to be getting any faster... The body-count is quite impressive though!

I'm through episode 4. Episodes seem to be slow with backstory reveals but also with bursts of intense action. One of the better no super power/fantasy/scifi shows out there when it comes to action/brutality. Right now id rank it a solid B and with a crossover or better villians it could be a B+

Wasn't a huge punisher comic fan but are there any interesting bad guys other than jigsaw? did read the daredevil crossover comic where Matt is trying to defend/protect someone from punisher. To me it would be a fantastic crossover

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just seen the first episode.

The violence was a bit wince-inducing. I loved the way the episode was almost a self-contained story, and even the bad guys were well-developed. You got to know everybody involved.

If the rest of the series is that good, I'll be very happy.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Iron Fist was terrible and the first Defenders did nothing for me, but I loved his part in the second season of Daredevil so I'll give it a shot. Netflix Marvel has been trending downwards badly for me so hopefully this gets it back on track. Hopefully it has a lot of punishment.

Hussar

Legend
Really, this is a VERY different Marvel story. There's virtually no spandex types at all in Punisher - although there were crossovers from time to time. This is much more a psychological drama dealing with a very real world issue of PTSD and veteran issues. Really deep stuff.

Kind of reminds me of Jessica Jones in that they were delving into some really heavy stuff there too.

If I want light hearted stuff, I'll stick to things like Flash or Arrow. The DCU (at least on TV) seems to be planting its flag pretty squarely in the 4 color Supers tradition. Cool. I like that, it's fun.

The Netflix Marvel stuff is best (again, IMO) when it takes the story and really dives into a particular issue and themes related to that issue.

ccs

41st lv DM
Just seen the first episode.

The violence was a bit wince-inducing. I loved the way the episode was almost a self-contained story, and even the bad guys were well-developed. You got to know everybody involved.

If the rest of the series is that good, I'll be very happy.

You'll be very happy.
And the violence will ratchet up. Especially in the last few episodes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases