LOVING the new Punisher series

Richards

Legend
I haven't seen the series (I'm not a Netflix subscriber), but I find it amusing that in the current Punisher comics they've started drawing Frank Castle so he bears an uncanny resemblance to Jon Bernthal.

If they do the same thing once The New Warriors hits the airwaves next year and Squirrel Girl in the comics starts looking remarkably like Milana Vayntrub, I may have to start buying the Squirrel Girl comic. :)

Johnathan

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Finally got into this and watched it, really liked it. The main actor kills the part, just like he did on Daredevil, and the supporting cast came around for me. After the letdowns that were Luke Cage and especially Iron Fist this was a welcome return to form for Netflix Marvel. I'll have to try to finish Defenders now.

I wonder if S2 will focus on traditional Punisher stuff or if it will be more Frank Castle trying to escape the role like this one with a lot of government stuff going on. I haven't read Punisher comics since the early 90's so no idea where things went.

Come on DD season 3!

Richards

Legend
I'll be starting up the Daredevil season two DVD set this weekend (we've been watching our way through the "Jessica Jones" season one DVD set since Christmas, which I also enjoyed), so I'm eager to see this Punisher in action. I've heard some really good things about his portrayal. And hopefully the DVD set of this series will be out by Christmas 2018. I'm looking forward to it!

Johnathan

Remove ads