D&D 5E Escape the Underdark, Fear the Madness, and get Out of the Abyss - IC

TallIan

Explorer
Finnan,

That sounds like a great way to explore - or escape. Thinks Finnan. He listens to the exchange for a few seconds then ventures his opinion. "We're out and well equipped for a fight, but we have nothing useful for a flight through the underdark. We'll need some water containers as a minimum but food would be better.

I think the guard room offers the best place to wait. It's easily defended.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]

AC: 13
HP: 16/21 HD: 3/3

Offense:Eldritch blast: +5 120ft 1d10+3F
Unarmed: +5 5ft 1B

Spells:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast (VS), Friends (SM), Light (VM), Mage Hand (VS), Spare the Dying (VS)
2/2 level 2: Dissonant Whispers (V); Arms of Hadar (VS); Crown of Madness (VS); Mirror Image (VS)[/SBLCOK]

hero4hire

Explorer
Eldath hefts the mace she retrieved from the armory and says in a sad tone. "I can no leave me great grandpa's hammer in the grip of these evil elves. Ye need not come, but I am going to get it back or die in the try'n."

Kildrak shakes his bushy head. "I wont be leaving ye, Lass! I made an oath t'ye and by Valkauna, I mean t'keep it!" he then turns to the collected group. "I am skilled in Stonelore and the ways of the Underdark. I kin find food, I know how t' avoid its dangers. But I made this lass a pledge. And I mean t' honor it. If ya fight with me. Kill the drow and keep us alive, I pledge to you now, as the Lady of Oaths is my witness. I will use me skills to be keepin you all alive!"

Last edited:

"We could try to hold up here. But we don't know what kind of magic the drow in charge are capable of. Also, there are still two drow back that way in the east tower along with the quaggoths. We are still surrounded at the moment."

EarlyBird

Explorer
Turvy calms down a bit, but doesn't leave the archway that leads deeper into the outpost, watching intently for his sister.

Most of the other prisoners have armed themselves and brought down the two coils of rope. Ront hefts the great axe on his shoulder and waits near the narrow window that looks out over the chasm, his darkvision making him an excellent look out. Derendil stands near Turvy and watches the bridge leading past the waterfall. Buppido armed only with a dagger watches everyone and starts on another one of his stories. This one about camping in a cramped cavern with a bunch of smelly bugbears (although they kept everyone warm). Sarith finally armed and armored (short sword and chain shirt), cracks a smile as Finnan translates. He points to the rope. And says <translated> "Those who don't want to join in the bloodshed should venture down the side of the cavern and flee."

Shuushar and Stool are the only two who have no weapons, the kuo-toa nodding when offered a way down (and hopefully to the water below).

JimJar looks ashamed as he says, "Sorry I'm no warrior. And I'll gamble with anything... other than my own skin."

OOC:
NPCs Staying:
Eldath - mace, shield, studded leather
Buppido - dagger
Prince Derendil - none [roll0]
Turvy -daggers(x2)
maybe Topsy - none
Ront - greataxe [roll1]
Sarith - chainshirt, short sword, dagger, buckler

Everyone add in a Perception check with your next post.
DC 21

"Okay, I think we sneak past the temple and into the kitchen & dining hall cave and make sure anyone in there cannot raise an alarm. There we get food supplies. Hopefully some waterskins as well. Then we go into the two barracks chambers and hopefully deal with sleeping drow. Their personal effects might be more likely to have waterskins. Then we can deal with the other barracks and if we haven't found everything we need by then. We backtrack to the temple. The damn spider in there means we probably alert the priestess below to our presence no matter what happens but at least we won't have to worry about a swarm of drow coming up from behind us."

Thia looks around. "Anyone have a better idea?"

OOC: Perception [roll0]

TallIan

Explorer
Finnan,

"Sneaking it is then." says Finnan with some excitement. He adjusts his armour slightly, wincing as something hurts. An angry expression briefly crosses his face before he approached Kildrack, "You're a holy warrior. Might I entreat your god to close this hole in my shoulder."

Perception roll: 1D20 = [18] = 18

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 15 (Studded leather 12 + DEX 3)
HP: 16/21 HD: 3/3

Offense:
Eldritch blast: +5 120ft 1d10+3F
Dagger: +5 5 1d4+3P OR +5 20/60 1d4+3P

Spells:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast (VS), Friends (SM), Light (VM), Mage Hand (VS), Spare the Dying (VS)
2/2 level 2: Dissonant Whispers (V); Arms of Hadar (VS); Crown of Madness (VS); Mirror Image (VS)[/SBLOCK]

Thia takes one last look toward the quaggoth quarters and east tower for any signs of movement before returning to the other entrance to lead the way west.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Thia goes back to the front of the guard tower where Kildrak was keeping watch and Shuushar was waiting patiently on the bridge. Her darkvision gives her a view of the steps but nothing further on. Just as she was thinking whether it would be a good ideal to cut the bridge or not, Ront gives a horrific shout.

"SPIDER!"

Before she can turn around to see what is going on a very hairy eight-legged spider jumps up from under the bridge and attacks.

OOC:
Spider A: Attacking Thia [roll0]
dmg[roll1], CON save DC 9
[roll2] half on successful save

Spider B: Attacking Ront (through Window)
[roll3]

[sblock=Map]
spider sentries_1.jpg[/sblock]

OOC: Party is up

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases