Help Brainstorming Aasimar Sorlock

Werebat

Explorer
Making a character for Curse of Strahd (no spoilers please).

Picked up Xanathar's and had a flashback to 3.0 when I tried to make an aasimar sorceress with a celestial bloodline. Also had an interest in playing a warlock.

I'm open to bladelock or blaster, pure celestial warlock or pure divine soul. Before looking in Xanathar's, I was thinking of trying some bladelock/rogue with a fey patron.

The theme I'm looking at now is a "moon" theme, pale skinned and silver haired aasimar (although I realize that the celestial warlock is geared more for fire damage).

Unfamiliar with multiclassing and how effective it is in these situations (other than that straight bladelock seems to have problems).

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

mellored

Legend
Blade is bad unless you take hexblade with it. And if you take hexblade you can't take celstial.

Multi-classing is generally poor in 5e, though sorlock does better than most. It's still not neccicaraly better than a straight class, since you sacrifice your higher level spells, but it works. Paticularly quicken + eldrich blast.

I suggest hexblade 2/divine soul x. Sword and board, green flame blade, spiritual guardian, and spiritual weapon for pale destruction, with armor and the shield spell for defense, and eldrich blast + agonizing blast for ranged options. As well as some healing.

That gives you a mix of everything.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases