"Marvel's Runaways" - Spoilers

Ryujin

Legend
I caught the first two episodes of the Hulu series "Marvel's Runaways" last night. I'm not familiar with the source, but the premise seems interesting. A bunch of teens who used to be friends, but split up as a result of something to do with the death one teen's sister, discover that their parents are evil and have a lair under one of the houses where they sacrifice young girls. Oh, and the teens start to find out that they have powers. Seems like it has the potential to go somewhere interesting.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
yeah, I saw the first 3 (I think they've only released those atm) and I liked it. I also didn't know much about the comic, except that it featured a dinosaur. I like how the premise combines High School drama with Super powers and the villain ensemble gave it a Netflix Defenders vibe.

It wasn't overly action packed but the story worked well, and got the characters and premise established quickly. I did enjoy the strong girls delight at realising what she could do, we need more of that kind of moment...

Last edited:

Cergorach

The Laughing One
It's slower then it should be in the story telling. I watched 145 minutes of tv series in about 90 minutes (lotsa skipping)...

Remove ads