Deep Water and Shoals II

Bob Aberton

First Post
Malthas,

"Old sailor, say you? His companion was elf, like my Brethren, but black of skin and red-eyed?" The elf chieftain says. He spits and then says more angrily, "They came here; the old man was warrior, he kill two, three of my Brethren. The Jonah was weak; one of our arrows slew him. They were in league with Standishtowners. If you are their lackeys then you, too, are in league with men of Standishtown. You will slay no more of my Brethren." This last is said in a hostile tone, and the chieftain adopts an aggressive posture, although he does not yet give any sign of attacking.

But something about his speech does not ring true; if Jonah had been killed along with Antheos and the Standishtown boatman, his body is not in the clearing, unlike all the other casualties of the skirmish who fought against the elves.

dead_radish

Explorer
Malthas shakes his head. "The captain would not attack first. If he slew any of your Brethren, they struck the first blow. And Jonah would not fall so easily either. I see no elven bodies in the clearing. And as to your claims of Standishtowners, if you know aught of seafarers, you know that you put in to port in places you'd not oft choose to inhabit - I would wager the fact that we were thrown out of a tavern for brawling with the natives would dispel your claims of an alliance."

He grins rakishly. "Anything else you'd like to claim about us that I might disprove? Or would you prefer to merely give over our friends and avoid more sparring?"

Xael

First Post
Jonah stirs from his slumber as the captain speaks. *This is getting on my nerves. Badly.* He changes into a crouching position while taking the musket in his hands and scans the surrounding forest.

OOC: Spot 4 + 4 = 8, Listen 9 + 4 = 13.

Sorry about the delay, I've been away for two weeks and it seems that I forgot to mention about it to this thread.

Last edited:

Bob Aberton

First Post
Malthas,

"Perhaps captain did not shoot first, but he side with Standishtowners! He slew three of my brethren and a Great Wolf. He and his Jonah may have escaped, but my trackers hunt them down! They find him, they will slay him and the Jonah!" blusters the elf chieftain, apparently needled by your words in defence of the Captain and yourselves.

He pauses for a moment, realizing that he let slip something he did not mean to - the Captain and Jonah are safe for the moment, though apparently not for long. He knows he has lost his leverage in your neogotiations, and lapses into sullen silence.

Jonah,

For the moment, the forest is silent and still; you can neither hear nor see anything.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Standing back a bit, yet listening to the Elf prattle on, Nico 'scratches his nose' for a moment and casts Detect Thoughts , trying to mask the casting with mumbles and feigning slapping at insects etc...

OoC: DC 16 Divination. Trying to get a read on the direction that the cap'n and Jonah may have fled.

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
Malthas looks at the elf, and shakes his head. "So your people are in the habit of attacking and killing those that you assume, wrongly, to be part of the only port in the area? So are there any here that are not Standishtowners, if they are not your people?" He looks challengingly at the elf. "And you would blame them for defending themselves? This is a strange outlook your people have."

Bob Aberton

First Post
Malthas,

The elf chieftain bristles slightly, but glances at the hostage elf and visibly attempts to calm himself down.

"My Brethren seeks only to protect our ancestor's trees!" an uneasy pause follows. "But no mind, I tire of exchange. You please release hostage, I try to keep my Brethren from killing your kep-tan*, yes?"

(OOC: *=badly mangled pronounciation of captain, of course)

Nicodemus,

The elf chieftain's mind is too strong for your spell to penetrate, but you detect a general consensus among the warriors in the bush that they should be ending the negotiations - some of them would prefer violence - and follow the "silver haired sailorman" and his "dark lackey" North, in the direction of the plantations.

(OOC All: Sorry for my prolonged silence - My computer came down with that wierd virus that's been going around.)

dead_radish

Explorer
Malthas considers. "You will also include us under the aegis of 'no harm'. And we can negotiate passage and trackers without threat of violence, as friends." Malthas removes his hand, and offers the elf his arm. "Have we a deal, ser?"

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
As Malthas comes towards concluded the deal with the natives the half-orc navigator feels himself begins to complete the Prayer to calm a Storm that he has been whispering beneath his breath as he stood back and watched.

The gun is still readied and he accepts that it may need to be fired if things do not go well from this critical juncture ...

(ooc just saying 'still here' - the supply of blankets and metal axeheads ready:D *wonders if anyone will get the reference*)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases