Deep Water and Shoals II

Bob Aberton

First Post
Malthas,

The elf stiffens when you reach for the flask, and when you offer it to him, he eyes it suspiciously, but seeing that you have displayed good faith so far, he takes a quick nip and hands it back.

"Your Lady, I know not. But luck is never unwelcome," he says, if not amiably at least not openly hostile any more. "I will say this: I not think you are friends of Standishtown now, for clamdiggers would never share with Brethren, much less drink with Brethren."

Vemuz,

The captive, moving with exaggerated slowness and trying desparately to look non-threatening, reaches into his belt and flings his hatchet and bow to the ground, about five feet away and conspicuously out of reach, should he try anything.

Nicodemus, Malthas, & All Others who Speak Elven,

When Malthas shares his flask with the elf chieftain, it sets off a veritable gale of animated whispering among his Brethren; some appear to be disgusted with their chieftain drinking with Outsiders, and even the most amiable of the elves (relatively speaking) are still cautious of this new developement. None of them seem to be advocating violence - yet.

They do not appear to be concerned that members of the expedition will understand them, as among them only their chieftain seems to speak Hullish. They must believe that Outsiders speaking Elven are as much of a rarity as elves speaking Hullish, or indeed any of the dialects of the Middle Land.

Jonah,

Although you cannot see anything, the sound of a snapping twig comes to you from about two hundred yards in front of you (assuming you are facing the forest and not the river) and to the left.

Captain McCrenshaw heard the noise as well, and begins to creep cautiously forward, holding his pistol at the ready.

"If anything, an' I mean anything, moves, Mr. Jonah, shoot it. I don't trust this forest any farther than I can throw it with me throwin' arm tied b'hind me back," he says softly.

(OOC: This is getting tiresome, isn't it:p ? Spot and Listen checks again, please...)

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
<Nico Spot 14,Listen 11, Artimus Spot 12,Listen 22>

Nico sends to Artimus, 'Go North and seek the Captain,you Jackaninny, he's up there somewhere, most likely bleedin' and in much danger.'

Artimus scampers through the trees, high up and out of the watchful eyes of the Grugach.

kenjib

First Post
Vemuz releases the elf and pushes him forcefully (and begrudgingly) in the direction opposite the direction he had thrown his weapons. Vemuz then begins a long, drawn out, process of removing his bow and a large number of axes from various parts of his person, grinning as he drops each to clatter one by one at his feet. When he is done, he pats his hands against his sides and lifts his arms in the air to indicate as such.

dead_radish

Explorer
OOC: Hmmm. I had a post, I thought....

Malthas grins as Vemuz begins to disarm, and winks at the Chief. 'This may take a minute, I fear." After the pile is built as high as it'll go, he turns back to the Chief. "I am called Malthas Swifthand, Pilot of the Calypso's Grace. And I drink with many men, and I see no reason not to drink with you as well. I suppose we could keep calling you 'The elf that is no longer going to kill us', but it does nae have much of a ring to it...."

He waits expectantly.

Bob Aberton

First Post
Nicodemus,

Artimus speeds off northwards, although you know that it will probably be some hours before he is able to report anything of use, as the Captain and Jonah will likely have been fleeing northward in great haste, and they have a large head start.

Malthas,

The elf chieftain's visage remains stern and unmoving, but for a moment you could almost think you saw a gleam of amusement as he watches the boatswain divest himself of his arsenal.

"My name you could not say in Elven. But in your tongue you would call me Heart-Of-Ten-Thousand-Oaks, for I am reckoned bold among my Brethren," he replies.

Jonah,

As you watch the the forest carefully, a breath of air carries a soft voice to your ear, speaking in Elven.

"You are a great warrior, He-of-the-Red-Eyes, companion of Old-Man-who-Fights-like-Bear. Will you put down your weapons and parley with us? We wish no unnecessary bloodshed."

Next to you, Captain McCrenshaw stiffens.

"Some voice on the wind," he says, in a hoarse whisper. "Speakin' in gibberish...can ye understand what it's sayin'?"

You cannot pinpoint the source of the voice - some Elvish magic must have carried to your ear. But you know it emanated from none to far away, from the underbrush directly ahead of you.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Nico sends to Artimus 'Keep sharp, Arti, the cap'n is out there somewhere. Don't go too far, n'mind fer Owls.'

Xael

First Post
Jonah tighens his grip on the musket, but raises it towards the sky at least for the moment. Turning to captain, he says: "It's the Grugach, captain. They say they wish to speak. He then waits captain's decision.

OOC: Sorry for the delay again. Been fighting with the new boards, busy, and half-sick.

Last edited:

Bob Aberton

First Post
Jonah,

"That so?" says Captain McCrenshaw. He puts down his cutlass and one pistol, but keeps the other in his belt, close at hand. "'Bout time they ceased their target practice an' started actin' like civilized beings."

He cups his hands to his mouth and says, with distinct lack of diplomacy, "Alright, you...what'ye'call'ems... you grugach. Y' can come out now! We'll talk!"

Not a twig stirs.

"Jonah, p'raps y'd best talk to them. Tell 'em we'll parlay if they'll come out in th' open and put down their weapons. Keep y'r musket close by 'til y' see their weapons lyin' on the ground before yeh, though," he instructs.

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
Malthas nods. "It would seem that you were indeed. And I do not wish to offend you, Heart-Of-Ten-Thousand-Oaks, but we worry for the safety of our Captain. If we could find him quickly, there is then much that I think we could discuss."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases