Deep Water and Shoals II

Bob Aberton

First Post
Malthas,

(OOC: I assume that when you say "chat," you mean with the chieftain, right? If not, ignore this post :D )

Heart-of-Ten-Thousand-Oaks says little, choosing which questions to answer and outright ignoring others. Even the answers he gives are, if not monosyllabic, hardly longer than one word.

You do, however, find out that Heart-of-Ten-Thousand-Oaks is the the headman of a clan, the Inquinasett*, who are members of a larger tribe which controls both sides of the river for 100 bow shots in either direction of your current position. Beyond this description of his tribe's strength, you learn nothing else which might be useful to know.

*Inquinasset - Possibly something like "People of the River." You notice that the prefix "In-" seems to denote anything relating to water, as in "Inchin'dewah" - Clam-diggers, and "Inquinasset" - People of the River.

Nicodemus,

Artimus complies with your instructions.

A short time later, however, you hear his somewhat incoherent chattering inside your skull.

"...found Number One Paw...and branch-mate...pointy ears talking to them, claws 'n' teeth piled up on the ground...more pointy ears in woods, not think Number One Paw know about them...tasty leaves in this place..."

By "Number One Paw," he probably means the captain, as he uses it as a name and not as an adjective to denote five of something, one of his more confusing habits.

Bob Aberton

First Post
(OOC: Ehh...guys...? Where did everyone go?

How about this: Everyone still active in the game, whether posting currently (Nicodemus, Malthas, Malachi, & Jonah) or residing in the background for now (Vemuz & Reiter) checks in as soon as possible. Just make a quick post ensuring me that you're here and still interested in this game, even if you're not addressed in the previous DM Post.

Btw, just in case you have any criticism or comments or whatever on my DM style (perhaps it gets annoying when people get left in the background for a while, or what have you), feel free to state it here...)

Xael

First Post
OOC: Oops, sorry. Tried to think someting more grand than: "Tell the elves what captain said.", and kinda forgot about the game.

IC: Jonah tells the elves what captain wanted (duhh :eek: ), trying his best to work things out (he's no diplomat either).

dead_radish

Explorer
Hmmm. I thought I had posted a response. Well then. (OOC: I'm quite enjoying the game, no worries there! And Malthas was going to chat with the Cheiftan.)

Malthas eventually gives up on conversation with the Chief, and contents himself to watch the banks as they go by, making a mental map of the river, just in case.

He also checks on Malachai occasionally, calling out cheerful jibes to the half-orc as he travels alongside the boat.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Malachi looks up at the halfling when he first calls one of his offcolour jibes, he grins but ignores his little companion as he continues along the dart still held between thumb and forefinger

(ooc still here and happy - the boards playing up have kept things a bit confused but alls well as I can see it!)

Bob Aberton

First Post
Jonah,

The elf listens to your explanation.

"Very well, He-of-the-Red-Eyes. You will surrender your weapons and submit to being bound. We will then conduct you to our head-chieftain, to whom you will make...amends," he says coolly.

(OOC: Listen check, please.)

Malachi,

An elf tracker runs up to you, interrupting your examination of the dart.

"Kep-tan," he says, in badly mangled Hullish. "'Round bend. Und'stand?"

He points to the next bend in the river.

Malthas,

You see one of the trackers point around the next bend in the river. You catch the words "Kep-tan" and "'Round bend."

Vemuz and Nicodemus,

On the shore, one of the trackers appears to be trying to get a message across to Mr. Legba; he is gesturing at the next bend in the river.

(OOC: Listen checks, please.)

Xael

First Post
Jonah's mood drops as he hears the elf's not-so-friendly comment. He motions the elf to wait for a second and turns to speak with the captain: "They want us to surrender, bind us, and take us to their leader. Your orders, captain?", he sighs.

OOC: Listen 14 + 4 (-1?) = 17

Last edited:

Remove ads