Night Below - The Heroes and Villains

Mortepierre

First Post
Seravin said:
Montpierre,
I (with Leopolds help) only have the 3rd book converted, and only about 95% of it at that - it's in desperate need of editing. If you want, the same time I re-send to Leopold I can send you our little compliant book.

I think Leopold might have the 2nd book hanging out somewhere.

Book 1 was converted recently and hanging out in the conversion gallery last I looked.

Thanks Seravin, I would really appreciate that. And if Leopold could send me Book 2, it would be even better. You can email it to:

urieldruid@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance! :D

thedmstrikes

Explorer
More ideas

Hey all-

First thing I would like to do is thank Saravin and Leopold for their conversion work. It was extremely helpful in my campaigns over the years. I do not get to play much anymore, but in a fit of nostalgia, I came across Seravin's story hour and that led me to this thread. I realize this thing might be ancient history, but I felt that a few things that have happened since the original posting may be helpful for others that happen along since the closing of 3.5 publishing.

The sword, Finslayer, I struggled with as well. What I discovered is that it would make an excellent weapon of legacy. Unfortunately, material from said expansion book is not permissible in the conversion process, but the beauty is, if you like the idea, you can tailor the weapon to your individual campaign and characters. I thought it worked out really well for at least concealing future powers that held secrets that would be revealed when the powers became a necessity.

Another expansion book I found extremely useful was the Lords of Madness. It contained direct conversions for many of the more exotic creatures from the Night Below set. Grell Philosophers and Aboleth Savants come to mind, not to mention options for bolstering your Mind Flayers. Again, this material is not allowed in the conversion for publication process, but there is nothing to hold you from using the material to modify the conversions already done in your own games.

My biggest regret is that none of my groups have ever been together long enough to meet the challenge of book 3.

Now, who has some good conversion notes for Dragon Mountain?

Remove ads