[August] What are you watching?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Since the month is a third over, I'll strike this one up...

Picked up some used DVDs, like the director's cut of Blade Runner but haven't watched it yet. Snapped up a copy of Willow which I had never had the chance to see all the way through. (Liked it quite a bit...) I also grabbed a National Geographic "Beyond the Movie" series episode on Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring that must have come out after the DVD of the movie. Some of the footage of interview material suggests the actors could be more candid. They tied a lot of the Tolkein tale together with the real world influences quite well, I thought. Very enjoyable. Especially the footage (heh, DVD "footage"?) on the Finnish influence on Tolkein's creation of the Elvish languages.

Who's next...? :)

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
The only DVD I picked up this month is the 2-disc Big Trouble in Little China. A movie that is greatly loved by me.

Through netflix I finally got a chance to see Brotherhood of the Wolf. I really enjoyed the movie. There has a been a fairly steady stream of movies through netflix, but those mostly have been movies for the rest of my family.

Assenpfeffer

First Post
I'm on a Stargate SG-1 kick at the moment. Currently I'm about a disc and a half into Season3.

I also bought the two Challenge of the Superfriends DVDs, and just finihsed them over the weekend.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I'm back watching the Buffy Fourth Season DVD's. Also, I renewed my NetFlix sub, so I'll be watching a few more DVD's that way: recently rented the Berserk series discs 2-5; waiting on Disc 6. I bought Daredevil but haven't been in a mood to watch it yet.

I've been watching a bit more normal TV. 'Extreme Engineering' appeals to my Inner Geek. :) Watching how they did the Big Dig was utterly fascinating, and gave me a lot of gaming ideas (our current CoC game is set in Boston).

Crothian

First Post
I saw the second season of Stargate, I'm hoping to one day watch seasons 1,3,4,5,6,and 7. It's the only experience I have with the show.

I'm currently watching the Prisoner. And my PCs are going to hate me for it :D

And a lot of preseason football!!

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
On TV still watching the only 2 TV shows.

Mondays- Stargate reruns on Sci Fi

Thurs- CSI

Friday- Season 7 of Stargate

Soon, very very soon FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!

For DVD's umm I have been playing Knights of the Old Republic for the XboX. Its like a movie.

I got a gift certif. from amazon.com for my b-day, so I ordered three DVDs to watch in August.

Now, Desperation Blvd was supposed to be a comedy, but really wasn't. (I laughed maybe twice in 90 minutes.) But that's o.k., I was trying to take a chance on an unknown movie.

Bluebeard is probably Richard Burton's worst movie ever. It's one of my favorite bad films and Joey Heatherton's best performance. She gets to utter great lines like "You make me shudder." The deaths of Bluebeard's previous wives form the comedic focal point of the film. One of his wives is "falconated" and another is "chandeliered" to death. The soundtrack record (yes, record, not CD) has pictures of the wives with their mode of death; I swear to you I would never make up as stupid a word as "chandeliered."

Then I got Seven Samurai to wash the "bad film" taste out of my mouth, but I haven't had time to watch it yet. So, that will be viewed this week. And then I'll borrow a friend's "Scourge of Worlds" (the D&D Iconics cgi movie) before the end of the month....until Aug 26 when I get Lotr:TTT!

Last edited:

Villano

First Post
On TV (and not counting shows in reruns):

Dragnet

Law & Order (although the quality's dropped and I don't mind so much if I miss it, especially the lazy writer episodes, er, I mean "ripped from the headlines" episodes)

Law & Order: SVU

Stripperella (surprisingly funny and well animated)

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge

Yu-Yu Hakusho

Rorouni Kenshin

Whose Line Is It, Anyway?

Ultimate Muscle

Big O

Home Movies

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Harvey Birdman, Attorney At Law

And that's about it. Damn those reality shows for ruining tv.

On DVD:

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie

Spider-Man (Yep, I finally got around to seeing it. What held me back was my deep dislike of Tobey McGuire. I'm sure he's a wonderful human being, but I just can't stand the guy.)

A Jet Li movie. I think it was called Red Dragon or Legend Of Red Dragon or something like that. Unfortunately, it had everything I hate in a kung-fu flick all rolled into one.

I also just got my Amazon order of El Santo movies: Santo: Infraterrestre (starring El Hijo Del Santo, Santo's son) and Santo & The Monsters Box Set #1 (with Vengeance Of The Mummy, Santo Against The Daughter Of Frankenstein, Santo & Blue Demon Vs Dracula & The Wolfman, and Santo & Blue Demon Against Frankenstein). Great picture quality and excellent subtitles. I finished Santo & BD Against Frankenstein and just started Daughter Of Frankenstein.

Masked wrestlers vs monsters, you can't do better than that. :)

Last edited:

Jamdin

Explorer
I don't really watch many videos or dvds but I do catch some tv. I am really enjoying USA's Peacemakers western series and Showtime's Dead Like Me dark comedy series.

Showtime's Jeremiah returns September 19th and Sean Astin will be joining the cast so I cannot wait for that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases