[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

Thateous

Explorer
I forgot to mention but the events at the town and his brush with death has altered him slightly. Whenever we get back into town and start chatting it will become apparent.

As Everett takes out K1 and Surina charges the last kobold, it throws down its bow and drops hit short sword and shout "I surrender. No kill me." It drops to its knees and continues to beg for its life. Surina notices a small camp setup about 20 yards north of the southern most tree.

Out of combat.

TallIan

Explorer
Perin

Perin heads over to one of the dead kobolds to retrieve his bolt, quickly patting it down for anything useful, before turning his attention to the camp. He scans the area while he moves into some cover.

Perception and hide if required: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19
1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 15
Initiative: +2 (Roll With Advantage)
HP: 20 HD: 2/2d10

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6+4 Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Spellcasting 1/2 Level 1: Hunters Mark; Absorb Elements

Bolts: 34[/SBLOCK]

Zadolix

First Post
Huffing and panting Zadolix continued his dash past Surina towards the surrendering Kobold and kicked it to the ground, lifting his hammer high he threatened the Kobold in an such an irritable and furious dwarven tone that it would even make a Gnome's brow wrinkle, "Ye better tell us everythin' ye know or my hammer here will meet ye skull! Who are the lizard folk leading you and what do they want? Where is ye hideout?"

The kobold start gibbering in draconic until someone shouts, "Speak common". He then talks fast in Common and repeats himself often but this gist is, "Please no hurt me. Lizard tribe rule kobold tribe. Hideout that way. I can show you." He points east along the path you were following previously. "Lizards want slaves. Take people for something in swamp. Me not know what is swamp."

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina frowns down at the kobold. In draconic she says, "You have helped the lizardfolk do a great evil. If you have any concern for your soul or" (glancing meaningfully at Zadolix) "your life, you will help us now to free the slaves and defeat the lizards."

OOC: Is what he was sputtering in draconic consistent with what he said in common? Also, before they head for the hideout, Surina will use all her lay hands to heal herself 10 HP

GM: Yes

"I'll gladly take you to the camp but I don' know what help I might be. Their defenses are strong and their numbers are greater than yours." The kobold replies in rather proper Draconic. "Dr'ss Knu'ul is even feared by the lizardfolk. He's like you, only he's kind of red."

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina turns to her companions "He says they outnumber us, are well defended, and are commanded by a red dragonborn whom even the lizardfolk fear. This will take some thought and planning." Turning to Zadolix, and putting her hand on his shoulder, she says "You will need to restrain your zeal a bit, my friend."

Remove ads