D&D 5E Hexblade build assistance requested.

jbear

First Post
Pixie is not on the list of "improved familiars" for the PoC Warlock. The ones listed in the PHB are Imp, Pseudodragon, Quasit, or Sprite. Non of which can cast greater invisibility.

My bad. Got confused between pixie and sprite.

In any case, a familiar can use the help action to give you advantage, so you don't need to waste any spells trying to get with with darkness or whatever.

Sure, take Great Weapon Master if you like at 8th.

With 18 CHA at 8th level Elven Accuracy + Great Weapon Master:

Imp (or whatever) flies in and helps.
You move in your cursed target and make up to 3 rolls with a -5 penalty to roll critting on 19-20 which deals +10 dmg on a hit with Great Weapon Master.
On a crit, attack again.

Last edited:

FieserMoep

Explorer
Help only gives advantage on the first attack roll, with stuff like Crossbow Expert you intend to make three per turn.
Additionally the big thing about Darkness is also that it substantially boost your own defense.

Fion

Explorer
I've been planning a Fighter/Warlock in the CoS game I'm in, currently on the top end of level 6. This is how I built him up to now:

Race - Elf (Drow)
Attributes (Point Buy) - Str. 12, Dex: 14 (16), Con: 12, Int: 10, Wis: 9, Cha: 15 (16)
Class: Fighter (Battlemaster) 6
Level 4: ASI - Dex +2, Duel Wielder (DM gives a free feat at level 4). I know, not as powerful, but thematic!
Level 6: ASI - Cha +2
At Level 7: Warlock multiclass, Hexblade.
At Level 8: ASI - Cha +2 (Hexblade charisma melee attacks).
At Level 10: Pact of the Blade (buffed substantially in XGE)

With all that Pact of the Blade lovin' in XGE, It's gonna be so much fun!

Last edited:

Mythknight

First Post
I agree on the DW thing. Now you can use the Hex Warrior feature to bond with a regular weapon and the ability says it applies to all Blade Pact weapons as well. So you can get CHR to both weapons. Where we run into an issue is with Improved Pact Weapon and Life Drinker invocations as those both specifically say your summoned blade pact weapons.

Last edited:

Fion

Explorer
Yea there are a few potential issues down the road, I'll have to talk to my DM about it. The Hex Warrior entry specifically states 'if you later gain the Pact of the Blade feature, this benefit extends to every pact weapon you conjure with that feature. Knowing this I'm pretty sure he'll be fine with allowing me to create two Pact Weapons.

My character is the main (melee) DPS of the group, with a (Wood) Elf Cleric/Fighter tank, a Human War Mage and a Half-Elf (Inquisitive) Rogue/(Song) Bard*.

*yes our DM let us choose new archetypes when Xanathar's came out. The bard's college is a thematic homebrew from BoltNine (now defunct) that is based around singing/playing an instrument to give allies temp hit points & extending the benefits of concentration spells as well as a cool concentration mechanics to balance two concentration spells, with one 'active' at a time.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases