Taking Nominees for Most Anticipated RPG of 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we do every year, I'm taking nominees for the big public poll. A game will only be in the big poll if it is nominated here. What's your most anticipated RPG of 2018? Rules - as always - it must be a standalone RPG. NOT a supplement, adventure, sourcebook, expansion, or accessory. It must be scheduled for release in 2018. If they were coming out in 2018, Dungeons & Dragons would count; Xanathar's Guide would not. Taking nominations for one week. Post your nomination as a reply below.
Please don't nominate your own game or one you’re affiliated with.

1_trudvang.jpg

Last year's winner was Trudvang Chronicles from RiotMinds (pictured above). You can see last year's top 10 here. The previous year it was Rifts for Savage Worlds. And yes, Conan appeared three years running.

113th AgeStar Wars Force & DestinyRifts for Savage WorldsTrudvang Chronicles
2NumeneraDeluxe Exalted 3rd EditionMutant Crawl ClassicsTales from the Loop
3Star Wars Edge of the EmpireUnified Rolemaster7th Sea 2nd EditionKult: Divinity Lost
4Shadowrun 5th EditionConan Adventures In An Age Undreamed OfConan Adventures In An Age Undreamed OfStar Trek Adventures
5Call of Cthulhu 7th EditionDeluxe Tunnels & TrollsDCC LankhmarConan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of
6FireflyBarbarians of Lemuria: Mythic EditionRuneQuest 4Starfinder
7Fate CoreFeng Shui 2Torg: EternityWitcher
8HillfolkFantasy AGEBlue Rose AGECoriolis
9TorchbearerParanoiaParanoiaDelta Green Roleplaying Game
10-Shadows of the Demon LordDelta GreenAstonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2E
[FONT=&quot]SaveSave[/FONT]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, the new nominations have largely stopped coming and I'd guess we have a good list, so here's our preliminary nominee list. I haven't yet done the eligibility checking so it's not final. If I couldn't understand your nomination I just moved on, because I'm not an interpreter. I'll Google each of these this week to check their eligibility. If I can't figure out exactly what product you're talking about from the words you typed and I pasted below in a minute or so, I'll move on. :)

• Top Secret: The New World Order
  • Warhammer Fantasy Role Playing 4E
  • Dragons Conquer America
  • Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD
  • Numenera 2
  • The Expanse
  • Dark Conspiracy 4E
  • Torg Eternity
  • Kult: Divinity Lost
  • Warhammer 40,000: Wrath & Glory
  • N.O.W.
  • Trinity Continuum
  • Invisible Sun
  • Forbidden Lands
  • LexOccultum
  • Witcher
  • Prince Valiant, the Storytelling Game
  • Delta Green
  • This Defiant Earth
  • Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition
  • Aquelarre
  • Paladin
  • Wraith: The Oblivion 20th Anniversary
  • RuneQuest: Glorantha
  • Legend of the Five Rings RPG 5th Edition
  • Cortex Prime
  • Flash Gordon: Savage Worlds
  • Forbidden Lands
  • Yellow King RPG
  • Deviant the Renegades
  • 7th Sea: Khitai
  • Heavy Metal Thunder Mouse
  • Mutant Crawl Classics
  • Eclipse Phase 2e
  • MCC
  • City of Mist
  • lternity
  • Esper Genesis
  • Tiny Dungeons 2e
  • Capharnaum
  • WFRP Age of Sigmar
  • Lazarus RPG
  • Spire RPG
  • Sentinels Comics RPG
  • John Carter of Mars
  • RunequestuDisk City Outlaws

Last edited by a moderator:

CapnZapp

Legend
Some of these are delayed Kickstarters.

That is, there was great excitement and discussion in a past year, but only in 2018 will delivery actually happen (or likely happen).

Are these projects eligible, even though they might have been nominated one (or three) years ago?

Can the same project win two years in a row, simply because its announced delivery year and its actual delivery year differ?

Regards

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Some of these are delayed Kickstarters.

That is, there was great excitement and discussion in a past year, but only in 2018 will delivery actually happen (or likely happen).

Are these projects eligible, even though they might have been nominated one (or three) years ago?

Can the same project win two years in a row, simply because its announced delivery year and its actual delivery year differ?

Regards

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

Conan made it into the top 10 three years running.

Turin2

First Post
For me that's the "Western" RPG from Åskfågeln (Kickstarter says December 2018) ...

I'm a Member since 2005 and that's the first time I cared to log in for a comment ... :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldarc

Legend
1) Invisible Sun
2) Numenera 2 or Numenera Destiny/Discovery (really just a minor update of an older system)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases