pogre's model and figure thread

pogre

Legend
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
Very cool! I've got the Hackmaster Beholder at home that I can't bring myself to paint yet, I don't want to ruin it. Your beholder makes me want to paint it even more. Thats the Reaper Beholder, isn't it?
ledded said:
wow, Pogre, great work on that Beholder. I've got the Hackmaster beholder painted at our game place; yours puts mine to shame

Thanks for the compliments - I appreciate it very much.

Can one of you fellows tell me if the Hackmaster Beholder is the "Lewd Eye Tyrant"?

Last edited:

kengar

First Post
Hey pogre, you've probably answered this before, but what method/equipment do you use when photographing your figs? I'm amazed at how sharp the close-up of that beholder is.

I have a digital camera that's 2-3 years old now and has no macro-mode (the closest focus is like 11 in.). It can take 2.3 megapixels, but I can't get a decent shot of my figs to save my life.

Last edited:

ledded

Herder of monkies
pogre said:
Thanks for the compliments - I appreciate it very much.

Can one of you fellows tell me if the Hackmaster Beholder is the "Lewd Eye Tyrant"?
Yep, at least that's one of the 2 that Hackmaster makes. It's not the one I have, but he was still fun to paint. I'll grab a pic with my new camera next time we play if you want.

kengar

First Post
ledded said:
Yep, at least that's one of the 2 that Hackmaster makes. It's not the one I have, but he was still fun to paint. I'll grab a pic with my new camera next time we play if you want.

The "regular" HM beholder mini is OOP, btw. I picked one up a few months back and had a lot of fun painting it. (Lots of eyeballs!)

ledded

Herder of monkies
kengar said:
The "regular" HM beholder mini is OOP, btw. I picked one up a few months back and had a lot of fun painting it. (Lots of eyeballs!)
Yeah, I had heard that. Loved painting him, and being able to glue-in and customize the eyestalks was a lot of fun for me.

pogre

Legend
kengar said:
Hey pogre, you've probably answered this before, but what method/equipment do you use when photographing your figs? I'm amazed at how sharp the close-up of that beholder is.

I have a digital camera that's 2-3 years old now and has no macro-mode (the closest focus is like 11 in.). It can take 2.3 megapixels, but I can't get a decent shot of my figs to save my life.

LOL - If you read the whole thread you will notice I have really struggled with my photography. Early on in the thread a poster directed me to coolminiornot articles on how to take digital photography. It was a big help.

I am getting ready to take some mini pics for an auction. I bought a new Sony CDMavica a couple of months ago. I like the mini cds for convenience although you can certainly buy a better camera. It does do macros pretty well though.

I use cheap garage lights with full spectrum bulbs. It's not very fancy and I too continue to experiment with improving my photographs.

I'll tell you what - I'll post a pic of my set-up later today.

pogre

Legend
PMT 18
Latest Projects

Remember all thumbs are links to larger pictures.

First up a quick snap of my photo set-up. I am still not satisfied with my photos, but I am improving.

Here is a Grendel barkeep I recently painted. The tavern bar is a bit shiny from a wash – it will tone down a lot when I spray it with matte finish.

A bunch of Grendel tavern beds I painted.

A few more beholder pictures:

pogre said:
For those who like the Beholder miniature I painted - I just put it up for sale on ebay!

Your purchase helps pay for numerous Grendel pieces to decorate my dungeons. You would not want me to have bare dungeons would you?

Some of us might not want you to decorate your dungeons :p

Does Grendal sell cute and fuzzy dungeon peices? Like kidnapped princess, extravagant bedroom, traveling weaponsmith? I'd be all for those pieces :D

That beholder is some nice work by Pogre, and I can personally vouch for his talent. Having had 3 minis painted by him, they're so well done I make sure I use them all the time. My group's getting tired of seeing the lich everywhere :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases