Miniatures pogre's model and figure thread - Page 10

What's on your mind?

Herder of monkies COPPER SUBSCRIBER

Ignore ledded
    Dude, VERY nice work on the wings there. Very subtle, but nicely contrasting and noticeable without looking like a hacked-up drybrush or something. Nice, nice work. I like the non-metal metallic armor, one of the guys in my group is experiementing with that technique and has me intruiged with it.

And thanks for stopping by my threads too.
    Check out the Medallions d20 Modern Story hour by OldDrewId!
    --"You guys are an inspiration. That's it, no more no less. Pure unadulterated inspiration." -Fenzer

And my very own story hour of WWII superhero action: We were like gods once -- BIG UPDATE Friday Nov 5!

Check out Pierce's new d20 Modern 80's cop action movie story hour: Action Squad!

Ledded's Story Hour miniatures

Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore pogre
    Here is a link to the first part of my step-by-step guide to how I painted the Angel model on the d20 Magazine Rack site. Some of the in progress pictures are not the best, but you can certainly see what I was trying to do:

Step by step Angel Article.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Hairy Minotaur
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by pogre
    Here is a link to the first part of my step-by-step guide to how I painted the Angel model on the d20 Magazine Rack site. Some of the in progress pictures are not the best, but you can certainly see what I was trying to do:

Step by step Angel Article.
    Having seen this mini in person, and hearing about how Pogre painted it. I have an increased admiration for the hours this must've taken to complete. I certainly hope you win.
    DM in Don't laugh.... it's coming story hour! & The Acrimonious Adventurer Association Or please try out these little story hours that could: The Realms of Enlightenment: The Grey Companions or Dark Heresy - Agents of the Inquisition where I play Ave'

"Truth does not change according to your ability to stomach it." - Flannery O'Connor

"He who blows the coals in a quarrel that he has nothing to do
    with has no right to complain if sparks fly in his face."
    ---Benjamin Franklin

Ignore ledded
    Nice article. I was interested to see the progression using the NMM. After reading about how some of the Confrontation mini painters had done it, and how good it looked in their marketing stuff, I gave it a shot.

Now I know I shouldn't have given up halfway through; I was doing armor and shield and it looked horrendous to me so I scrapped it before I finished.

Nice to see it in progress, good article and very good job on the mini. Makes me want to drag out that mucho-big angel I've had sitting around primed and paint him up.
    --"You guys are an inspiration. That's it, no more no less. Pure unadulterated inspiration." -Fenzer

And my very own story hour of WWII superhero action: We were like gods once -- BIG UPDATE Friday Nov 5!

Check out Pierce's new d20 Modern 80's cop action movie story hour: Action Squad!

Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore pogre
    Quote Originally Posted by ledded
    Nice article. I was interested to see the progression using the NMM. After reading about how some of the Confrontation mini painters had done it, and how good it looked in their marketing stuff, I gave it a shot.

Now I know I shouldn't have given up halfway through; I was doing armor and shield and it looked horrendous to me so I scrapped it before I finished.
    You know, that's the thing about NMM, there is a stage where it does look BAD. I continue to work at it and I would give my effort on the angel a B+. Thanks for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Minotaur
    Having seen this mini in person, and hearing about how Pogre painted it. I have an increased admiration for the hours this must've taken to complete. I certainly hope you win.
    Thanks HM. Either way, I have no regrets. I tried a lot of new techniques and certainly invested time into the project. I'm not sure I am capable of a better angel right now. If I get beat by people with plain more artistic talent, well, that's life - I gave it all I had.
    Last edited by pogre; Wednesday, 3rd March, 2004 at 02:58 AM.

Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore pogre
    Inspired by many dungeon tiles I have been seeing around I went and ordered another 6 Hirst molds. It is by far easier to tell you which molds I do not have, as opposed to the ones I own.

My name is pogre. I am an addict.

Ignore ledded
    Inspired by many dungeon tiles I have been seeing around I went and ordered another 6 Hirst molds. It is by far easier to tell you which molds I do not have, as opposed to the ones I own.

You sound like 2 guys in my group, Fludogg and Pierce. They have so many molds and tons of little bricks.

They keep asking me why I don't get into the Hirst Arts, and my answer is "seeing you two, I'm almost afraid to get into them..."

Ah, so you, sir, are the one who has turned our dear Scorch into the Hirst addict he is today. (of, course, if I had the space and more time, I'd most likely be one too )

We Meepites are in awe of your work and your tips have been invaluable.

Keep up the great work
    --------------------------

Valanthe the Sleepless

Ignore ConnorSB
    Whoa... its all... angelic.

Oh, and just so you know, Pogre, your thread has got me really interested in painting models again. I am getting a set of Vallejo paints for my birthday, and i eagerly await some hardcore painting action.

Oh, and I posted the "evil thing" you wanted in my Rogues Gallery thread.
    Last edited by ConnorSB; Monday, 26th April, 2004 at 01:16 AM.
    This is the internet. I'm sure there are message boards where you can find hateful posts about iced tea. Don't worry about it. - BiggusGeekus

Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore pogre
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorSB
    Whoa... its all... angelic.

Oh, and just so you know, Pogre, your thread has got me really interested in painting models again. I am getting a set of Vallejo paints for my birthday, and i eagerly await some hardcore painting action.

Oh, and I posted the "ogre mage" you wanted in my Rogues Gallery thread.
    ATTENTION MY PLAYERS - Stay out of ConnorSB's Rogues' Gallery Thread please!

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast