pogre's model and figure thread

ledded

Herder of monkies
Dude, VERY nice work on the wings there. Very subtle, but nicely contrasting and noticeable without looking like a hacked-up drybrush or something. Nice, nice work. I like the non-metal metallic armor, one of the guys in my group is experiementing with that technique and has me intruiged with it.

And thanks for stopping by my threads too.

pogre

Legend
Here is a link to the first part of my step-by-step guide to how I painted the Angel model on the d20 Magazine Rack site. Some of the in progress pictures are not the best, but you can certainly see what I was trying to do:

Step by step Angel Article.

pogre said:
Here is a link to the first part of my step-by-step guide to how I painted the Angel model on the d20 Magazine Rack site. Some of the in progress pictures are not the best, but you can certainly see what I was trying to do:

Step by step Angel Article.

Having seen this mini in person, and hearing about how Pogre painted it. I have an increased admiration for the hours this must've taken to complete. I certainly hope you win. :)

ledded

Herder of monkies
Nice article. I was interested to see the progression using the NMM. After reading about how some of the Confrontation mini painters had done it, and how good it looked in their marketing stuff, I gave it a shot.

Now I know I shouldn't have given up halfway through; I was doing armor and shield and it looked horrendous to me so I scrapped it before I finished.

Nice to see it in progress, good article and very good job on the mini. Makes me want to drag out that mucho-big angel I've had sitting around primed and paint him up.

pogre

Legend
ledded said:
Nice article. I was interested to see the progression using the NMM. After reading about how some of the Confrontation mini painters had done it, and how good it looked in their marketing stuff, I gave it a shot.

Now I know I shouldn't have given up halfway through; I was doing armor and shield and it looked horrendous to me so I scrapped it before I finished.

You know, that's the thing about NMM, there is a stage where it does look BAD. I continue to work at it and I would give my effort on the angel a B+. Thanks for the comments.

Hairy Minotaur said:
Having seen this mini in person, and hearing about how Pogre painted it. I have an increased admiration for the hours this must've taken to complete. I certainly hope you win.

Thanks HM. Either way, I have no regrets. I tried a lot of new techniques and certainly invested time into the project. I'm not sure I am capable of a better angel right now. If I get beat by people with plain more artistic talent, well, that's life - I gave it all I had. :)

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
Inspired by many dungeon tiles I have been seeing around I went and ordered another 6 Hirst molds. It is by far easier to tell you which molds I do not have, as opposed to the ones I own. :D

My name is pogre. I am an addict.

ledded

Herder of monkies
pogre said:
Inspired by many dungeon tiles I have been seeing around I went and ordered another 6 Hirst molds. It is by far easier to tell you which molds I do not have, as opposed to the ones I own. :D

You sound like 2 guys in my group, Fludogg and Pierce. They have so many molds and tons of little bricks.

They keep asking me why I don't get into the Hirst Arts, and my answer is "seeing you two, I'm almost afraid to get into them..." :)

pogre said:

Ah, so you, sir, are the one who has turned our dear Scorch into the Hirst addict he is today. (of, course, if I had the space and more time, I'd most likely be one too :D )

We Meepites are in awe of your work and your tips have been invaluable.

Keep up the great work :p

ConnorSB

First Post
Whoa... its all... angelic.

Oh, and just so you know, Pogre, your thread has got me really interested in painting models again. I am getting a set of Vallejo paints for my birthday, and i eagerly await some hardcore painting action.

Oh, and I posted the "evil thing" you wanted in my Rogues Gallery thread.

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
ConnorSB said:
Whoa... its all... angelic.

Oh, and just so you know, Pogre, your thread has got me really interested in painting models again. I am getting a set of Vallejo paints for my birthday, and i eagerly await some hardcore painting action.

Oh, and I posted the "ogre mage" you wanted in my Rogues Gallery thread.

ATTENTION MY PLAYERS - Stay out of ConnorSB's Rogues' Gallery Thread please!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases