pogre's model and figure thread

Narfellus

First Post
minis

Wow pogre, there's something to be said for applied talent and patience. Your sets are wonderful and the time you've put into it really shows. I'm sure your players are appreciative!! Me, i keep my maps mostly 2D nowadays, just because it's easier and less time consuming.

narfellus

pogre

Legend
Thanks Narfellas! It's part of the hobby I enjoy very much. Now onto some mini pictures:

Zandyrium Workshop Two

Remember all of the photos below are thumbnail links to larger images.

Here is the Zandyrium party. There are eight characters in all, but it is a rare game night that all 8 make it to the table. Two of the guys are in retail so their frequent absence is expected.

This is Ginny the Rogue. She is of noble descent and it is rumored that her real name is Genevieve. Thus far she has been fairly tight-lipped about the rest of her family.

Thoren the fighter is a simple guy with a BA sword that does the talkin’. Holds the record for times down in a fight.

Morguhn is a misunderstood dwarf from Buldarvalt who came to Zandyrium to learn the arcane arts. I like this old GW dwarf so much I actually own three.

Heinrich Eisenfaust, cleric to Siegphorus, God of Law, Nobility, and Victory. Heinrich is lawful-good and serves as the cautious conscience of the party.

Githraldul, the sharp shooting ranger elf, always interested in the hunt, even if it means his prey ends up hunting him!

Wassabe, the loud-mouthed former sailor who is the cut-up of the group. Wassabe has a fascinating background that will come out further as the story unfolds.

Justinius, cleric of Gravitas Morte, the God of peaceful death. This servant of final rest is very unnerving to many of the party members, but he and Heinrich have established a bond due to their lawful natures. Rumors of some of Justinius’s earlier studies still haunt him around the temple.

Mercutio, the Saracen blooded Sorcerer of the desert. The mysterious spell caster has proven his worth to the party many times.

Last edited:

nyrfherdr

First Post
Excellent mini's as always Pogre.
Keep up the inspiration for the rest of us.
I've gotta practice that blending technique. You make it look easy, but it certainly is not that.

(By the way the eyes on Justinius are creepy! Did you paint the white inside a black ring?)

pogre

Legend
nyrfherdr said:
Excellent mini's as always Pogre.
Keep up the inspiration for the rest of us.
I've gotta practice that blending technique. You make it look easy, but it certainly is not that.

(By the way the eyes on Justinius are creepy! Did you paint the white inside a black ring?)

Thanks. You got it on Justinius's eyes. Frankly, someone that into death is a bit creepy. At some point in the future I'll post the new Repose Domain for Gravitas Morte. When Last Rites are your specialty, folks tend to hope you do not get to perform your favorite job!

ledded

Herder of monkies
Great stuff man! I loved the Hirst Arts sewer, I've forwarded a link to our group's Hirst Arts Nuts... er, ahem, "enthusiasts" to try to tempt them into something similar.

How *do* you find the time? :)

hwoolsey

First Post
ledded said:
How *do* you find the time? :)

He has two advantages:

1. He's a teacher. I'm not digging at teachers here, Pogre is quite willingto admit it means he gets free time the rest of us don't.

2. He needs no sleep. I've known the man 8 years, and I think he's slept a total of 49 hours in all that time. What a gift!

Hank

pogre

Legend
Hank of course is being generous about my sleeping habits, but relative to my first occupation as an attorney being a teacher does afford considerably more free time. I have two real dry times for gaming/hobby time - in the Spring when I'm coaching Track and in Fall when I'm coaching football. During the Winter and Summer breaks I pretty much lift, fish, and work on hobbies ;) Not only is teaching a wonderful, fulfilling job that lets me work with young people, it also compensates me in a way I appreciate more than $ - time!

The habit I have formed in the last four or five years that really added to the time I spend on gaming is abandoning Television. I literally watch zero t.v. . Add up the hours you are spending in front of the tube and instead paint, read, and write. It is truly amazing what you can accomplish. I read three great history books this week for instance.

Now, I do have something worthwhile to contribute here aside from this goofy self-indulgent rant: I have posted the details on the deity Gravitas Morte and the Repose domain over on my website pogre.com.

I'll post some more pictures here Thursday night.

pogre

Legend
jgbrowning said:
Pogre, do you think you could do a book mock-up ala the covers for the PHB, DMG, and MM?

joe b.

Help me out Joe - when you say a book mock-up what do you mean? A sculpture that resembles a book?

sometimes I'm a bit daft...

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases