Miniatures pogre's model and figure thread - Page 14

What's on your mind?

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore jgbrowning
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by pogre
    Help me out Joe - when you say a book mock-up what do you mean? A sculpture that resembles a book?

sometimes I'm a bit daft...

Yes. The 3 core book's covers are actually scuptures that were painted and photographed.

joe b.

Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore pogre
    Quote Originally Posted by jgbrowning
    Yes. The 3 core book's covers are actually scuptures that were painted and photographed.

joe b.
    I did not know that...

I guess it would depend on the "look" you were going for - if you wanted gems and hinges I might be able to do that. If you wanted a more sci-fi look with sharp clean edges I would not do well with that. If you wanted something like an old style medieval German stamped leather look with a leering demon face on the lower half and an angel at the top - I could totally get into creating that. If you have a rough sketch or design in mind send it to me - I'll give you an honest assessment of whether it is something I am capable of.
    Last edited by pogre; Thursday, 3rd June, 2010 at 07:49 AM.

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore jgbrowning
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by pogre
    I did not know that...

I guess it would depend on the "look" you were going for - if you wanted gems and hinges I might be able to do that. If you wanted a more sci-fi look with sharp clean edges I would not do well with that. If you wanted something like an old style medieval German stamped leather look with a leering demon face on the lower half and an angel at the top - I could totally get into creating that. If you have a rough sketch or design in mind send it to me - I'll give you an honest assessment of whether it is something I am capable of.

pogueclan AT yahoo DOT com
    Cool. I actually don't have designs formed in my head solidly enough to work on concept sketches right now, but I just had a bolt-of-lighting idea for a great d20 product and thought about making a cover similar to the core books. Then I saw this thread again and thought, "Hrm, maybe pogre could do it?"

I'll probably contact you in a month or so with some idea and start the negotiation/idea phase once I have firmer desires.

joe b.

Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore pogre
    Quote Originally Posted by jgbrowning
    Cool. I actually don't have designs formed in my head solidly enough to work on concept sketches right now, but I just had a bolt-of-lighting idea for a great d20 product and thought about making a cover similar to the core books. Then I saw this thread again and thought, "Hrm, maybe pogre could do it?"

I'll probably contact you in a month or so with some idea and start the negotiation/idea phase once I have firmer desires.

joe b.
    Sure. I'd love to take a shot at it! The timing works well for me as I am taking off for China for a couple of weeks Friday.

Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore pogre
    People in my D&D campaign please stay out of the link to Connor's Monster thread it will ruin some of our fun.

Folks interested in seeing a monster I painted last week can check it on Connor's Monster Thread.

Please do not comment here about it - my players deserve the surprise!

Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore pogre
    Here's a 40K fella' I just painted for a friend. I used just my desk lamp - so the pic is a bit subpar, but it's not fantasy so who cares right?

Seriously, I like the flesh on this guy, but some of the other blending could use help.

Nice work man.

I especially like the armor and the detail work on the book; at scale size it really, really makes the model stand out, and the close-up pic lets you see how you did it which looks very elegant.

I finally got back into some recent painting myself and checking your thread today makes me inspired to post some pics back in my old and nearly dead thread.
    Check out the Medallions d20 Modern Story hour by OldDrewId!
    --"You guys are an inspiration. That's it, no more no less. Pure unadulterated inspiration." -Fenzer

And my very own story hour of WWII superhero action: We were like gods once -- BIG UPDATE Friday Nov 5!

Check out Pierce's new d20 Modern 80's cop action movie story hour: Action Squad!

Ledded's Story Hour miniatures

Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore pogre
    A new speed painting article is up over at d20 Magazine Rack.

It's taken a while between Steve's move, my laziness this summer, and other factors in getting my painting column going, but I'll try to be a bit more regular/monthly from here on in.

If you try the speed painting technique let me know how it goes. I plan on putting up another speed painting technique in the near future.

Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore pogre
    All the pictures below are thumbnail links to larger pics.

Here are some shots of projects I have been painting. Im pretty frustrated right now, because I thought I had been making progress on my photography and all of sudden these look pretty bad. Back to the drawing board

First up is a really old ogre figure. This ogre was put on the market by Marauder, which was a subsidiary of Citadel minis. The old Marauder Imperial ogres are some of my favorites. Kind of sad I had this guy for fifteen years and just got around to re-painting him!

Next up is a monster I cranked out fairly quickly, but I really like how he turned out. Fear my favorite garbage eater the Otyugh!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore kengar
    Nice stuff! That's the Chainmail otyugh, right? I just painted that one myself last week, though I'm not done with the base. I like the green color scheme (I went with a greyish-brown and bruise purple for the tongue & mouth.)
    "Green Explosions? People flying in and out? That was NOT real and I wanna talk to the cops!" -Jack Burton, BTLC

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast