pogre's model and figure thread

WizarDru

Adventurer
pogre said:
Next up is a monster I cranked out fairly quickly, but I really like how he turned out. Fear my favorite garbage eater the Otyugh!

Ooooh. Daddy LIKES! Who puts that one out, or is it and older sculpt that's not available? That one turned out real nice.

ledded

Herder of monkies
Great work as usual Pogre. I love the Ogre, I've been searching for some of those minis for a while. The Otyugh is done quite nicely also. Keep it up!

pogre

Legend
kengar said:
Nice stuff! That's the Chainmail otyugh, right? I just painted that one myself last week, though I'm not done with the base. I like the green color scheme (I went with a greyish-brown and bruise purple for the tongue & mouth.)

Indeed it is the Chainmail Otyugh. I'm embarrassed to admit how fast I painted it. About 25 minutes. But when I was done, I said, "heck that looks great" and just let it rest. Although the picture does not show it, I went back with gloss finish after matte spraying it and glossed up the mouth area for that slobbering wet look.

Wizard Dru said:
Ooooh. Daddy LIKES! Who puts that one out, or is it and older sculpt that's not available? That one turned out real nice.

Sadly, it is OOP - a chainmail figure from a couple of years ago. The good news is the Chainmail line is still readily available from a number of vendors, so you might be successful hunting him down.

BTW - You should have Scorch throw up some of those dungeon pictures on here. I am so impressed by his Hirst Arts stuff. I really like the way he is painting it too!

Great work as usual Pogre. I love the Ogre, I've been searching for some of those minis for a while. The Otyugh is done quite nicely also. Keep it up!

Thanks Ledded. Those old Marauder Ogres are the best! To be honest after posting the pictures, I decided I was not satisfied with him and began re-painting him. I am nearly done with the re-paint and I will post pictures when it is done. I think I have figured my photos out again - but we'll see ;)

I have a few more of those imperial ogres, but since I do not use gunpowder in my games they usually end up on ebay - as this one will in the near future.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I truly appreciate them!

nyrfherdr

First Post
Pogre,
Nice work as always. I like the Gloss work on some mini's too. I did that with my Beholder.
I really need to take some more pictures and get them up here....

How do you find the time for it all???

Anyway. Keep posting. Your stuff is always inspirational.

Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

pogre

Legend
Thanks Nyrf!

All the pictures below are thumbnail links to larger pics.

Ogre take two. I have stopped painting on him for now…;)

He needs a nice coat of matte finish, but I think it is an improvement. Can you tell what I did?

Last edited:

Scorch

Explorer
pogre said:
BTW - You should have Scorch throw up some of those dungeon pictures on here. I am so impressed by his Hirst Arts stuff. I really like the way he is painting it too!

You should see what I am working on now. I decided to do a set piece and the Ruined Tower project on Hirst Arts (or Weathertop, as I like to call it) fit the bill nicely. Spent all last week casting the parts and this week prepping it for painting.

Scorch

pogre

Legend

Another monster I cranked out very quickly. I like how the figure and base blend for a stony look. I think this guy would be tough to spot in a cave…

Check out my ebay auctions for the painted Marauder Ogre. The auction starts to day at 5:00 PM Pacific time. All proceeds go directly to financing my miniature and model dungeon habit ;).

I promise some more involved models in the near future! :)

nyrfherdr

First Post
Nice roper...

The difference between your first and second ogre are the stripes on arms and legs. You added a brown to separate the yellow and red (at least it looks brown.)

I've taken some photos, but I don't have a way to post.

Keep up the great work.
Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

pogre

Legend
nyrfherdr said:
I've taken some photos, but I don't have a way to post.
Nyrfherdr

Here's a post from Mitch of Terrainosaur that I stole from the Hirst Arts message board. Seems like a good way to post pics without shelling out cash for a website:

Posting on Voidgamers
----------------------------
Many people post pictures of their Castlemolds creations on Voidgamers.com, whether it's because they don't have their own webpage, they use a free site where they can't link directly to the pics, or it's a HADD contest entry. Here's some info on how to post links to Voidgamers pics on this board.

1. You can link to a specific picture of yours on Voids. Just click the LINK button to the left and enter the picture page's URL. People can click on it and see the page. You may want to include the tag "newwindow". For example:

link=http://www.voidgamers.com/channel/HirstArts/b.100.r.3585.html/warlock6.jpg newwindow

2. You can also show the picture here on this board by clicking on the IMAGE button to the left and entering the picture's URL from Voidgamers. You can get that URL by finding your picture on Voidgamers and clicking where it says "Image Only (Good for auctions)". For example:

3. The way to refer people to all of your pics on Voidgamers is to refer them to your BIO page, which is the Voids address followed by "/bio/YOURUSERNAME". Again click the LINK button to the left and enter your BIO page. (This usually takes a while to download.) For example:

www.voidgamers.com/bio/TODD_GOSS

4. To direct people to lots of your pics, just type the channel's URL and add "?author_name=YOURUSERNAME". For example:

www.voidgamers.com/channel/b.100.html?author_name=HIGHLAND_PIPER

Hopefully this will be a method that will work for you so we can see your work :)
You're right about the ogre - I also worked on the skin.

pogre

Legend

A project I have been working on for a while is a complete ancient city. I finally completed the huge central temple. It was originally based on a historic model, but I removed one set of columns to make it a bit more miniature friendly.

I posed an old citadel dwarf crossbowman (from my repair pile) to give you a sense of just how large this temple is. Not quite sure why the camera shot is at such a jaunty angle :\

The roof is removable in case I want to use the temple as a ruin. For my D&D campaign it serves as the Temple to Siegphorus – Heinrich’s deity for you story hour fans at home ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases