pogre's model and figure thread

kengar

First Post
Jumpin' JEEEEEhosaphat! :eek:

Correct me if Im wrong, but that temple looks to have a footprint of about 6" x 10". Just how much space will the entire city take up, Pogre?

pogre

Legend
kengar said:
Jumpin' JEEEEEhosaphat! :eek:

Correct me if Im wrong, but that temple looks to have a footprint of about 6" x 10". Just how much space will the entire city take up, Pogre?

You're very close - 6.5" by 11.5".

The temple will be situated in a larger forum, which will be similar to this:
Virtual Roman Temple

In the near term, the city will cover 4 feet by 6 feet. The long term plan calls for 6 feet by 8 feet.

I have most of the walls finished and have designed the sectional aquaduct that runs through the city. Currently, I am contemplating designs for the bath house. The city is roughly styled after ruins found in modern turkey.

kengar

First Post
pogre said:
You're very close - 6.5" by 11.5".

The temple will be situated in a larger forum, which will be similar to this:
Virtual Roman Temple

In the near term, the city will cover 4 feet by 6 feet. The long term plan calls for 6 feet by 8 feet.

I have most of the walls finished and have designed the sectional aquaduct that runs through the city. Currently, I am contemplating designs for the bath house. The city is roughly styled after ruins found in modern turkey.

:eek: And my players think I'm over the edge when it comes to terrain & minis! Most impressive.

hwoolsey

First Post
I would never spill the beans...

...but I would encourage any interested parties to ask Pogre why he's building the ancient city.

Hank

pogre

Legend
The picture below is a thumbnail link to a larger pic.

This was an experiment with using a light source. I think he turned out pretty fair. Blending is a bit rough, but I learned a lot.

Captain Howdy

Explorer
pogre said:
The picture below is a thumbnail link to a larger pic.

This was an experiment with using a light source. I think he turned out pretty fair. Blending is a bit rough, but I learned a lot.

WOW! I don't usually frequent this part of the boards, put I'm glad I wandered over here, even if just to see that one mini! Really, really awsome. I fancied myself a pretty good mini painter, but I cant even come close to light effects like that. Did you use some sort of visual aid, or did you just go by what you thought the areas should look like?

nyrfherdr

First Post
Hey Pogre.
Nice to see you back. Very nicely done.
I think the lighting works very well.
How does it look on the tabletop?

Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases