Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ý Ignore Cthulhu's Librarian
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by pogre
    A shot from tonightís game:
    Wow.

That's all that I can say.

Wow.
    Magnae clunes mihi placent, nec possum de hac re mentiri.

Guide (Lvl 11)

Ý Ignore WizarDru
    My communities:

A shot from tonightís game:
    One word: Hellasweet.

I need more cave pieces. Yes I do.
    "I'd say it's more appropriate to say that videogames are RPG-ish, wouldn't you?"

Have you read our current Zad/Wizardru's New Story Hour (Updated 9/8)

or our older WizarDru's Story Hour?
    You Should.
    I ain't linking to Piratecat's story hour...no sir, I just won't do it. He can just get the next half-million reads on his own.

Did I mention that I have a Livejournal? It's possible that I have.

Defender (Lvl 8)

Ý Ignore pogre
    Thanks guys!

And Wizardru - I really dig the pic of your young DM!

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ý Ignore alsih2o
    My communities:

Pogre, you just rock my whole world.

Defender (Lvl 8)

Ý Ignore pogre
    Thanks Mark - the feeling is mutual.

All pictures are thumbnail link to larger photos.

Thought I would put up some works in progress pictures, since I have not posted for a time.

Donít you love it when a player inspires you? Well, thatís exactly what happened with this project. One of my players (hwoolsey) started building a wonderful ship out of the world works stuff. I was so impressed I decided to build a primitive medieval cog out of balsa to represent the pcsí ship The Last Coin.

The characters in my campaign have a small trading company called Fortuneís Favor and this represents their single ship Ė a trading cog with the early rudder design. I have been thinking about building the ship for some time and finally made some progress on it the last few weeks.

I still have a few things to do like creating a banner for the pcsí trading company and a few other details, but for now itís done and will make a very game-friendly piece. Not sure if or when it will be involved in the story hour so I thought I would go ahead and post it here.

You can see the GW dwarf hanging out by the mast for scale purposes Ė he is a sorry refugee from my repair pile.

BTW Ė itís important one of your players has a huge gaming room with plans for building an even bigger one before undertaking a large project such as this Ė right Heinrich (aka hwoolsey)?

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ý Ignore hwoolsey
    BTW Ė itís important one of your players has a huge gaming room with plans for building an even bigger one before undertaking a large project such as this Ė right Heinrich (aka hwoolsey)?
    Oh yesssssss!!!

We wants our new garage.

Now, here's hoping the in-laws come through with the loverly cash gift that has been mentioned.

Hank
    Heinrich in Pogre's latest story hour
    Gronar in Hairy Minotaur's "Don't laugh...it's coming" story hour

CreativeMountainGames.com COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

Ý Ignore Mark
    My communities:

Hope you enjoy the dragon
    Excellent. The dry-rushing white on the black primer is inspired. Enjoyed the fire, fangs, and directly putting kneadite in the joint, too. Thanks for the tips.

Love the cog, too. I've got what would be a row boat for, perhaps, 80mm figs (it's not really for minis, just a desktop thingy) that I was thinking about converting into some sort of useful 25-30mm scale watercraft. It's been on the back burning for a while but it might be time to finish that up.

The next Chicago gameday is looking like it will be July 9th, so mark your calendar.
    Check out 30 Things Can Happen! A System-Free Sourcebook for Fantasy RPGs.

Follow on CMG Google Group, Facebook, Twitter @MarkCMG, and the Creative Mountain Games website, the Grymvald Gazetteer (Campaign Setting) website, and

"Griffins & Grottos" - MF WARS (Medieval Fantasy Wargame and Roleplaying System) & "Surcoat" - MF CMG (Medieval Fantasy Combat Miniatures Game) website.

Defender (Lvl 8)

Ý Ignore pogre
    All pictures are thumbnail link to larger photos.

Hereís a project that took me WAY too long to complete. I made a trade with a gent online for some OOP miniatures in exchange for a dungeon room of his choice. I sent him a number of ideas including a photo of a Todd Goss designed two-level dungeon. Thatís what he decided on and I confidently told him it would be ready in a couple of weeks. Sadly, that was three months agoÖ

Fortunately, my patron was a generous fellow and told me not to worry about it. The result is a dungeon piece I like so much Iíll be making one for myself next. (That should take about a year).

Hereís the whole dungeon piece with a little mastermaze -

The piece can be taken apart so you can throw miniature prisoners in there Ė

One of the obstacles I had to making the roofs removable was how to give them enough support. Adding linoleum, card, or anything else might make the fit look odd. So I used crossbeams just like they would in the old dungeon. I think it was an elegant solution and they seem to hold up great.

Oddly enough, here is the thing I like most about this model. Letís say you donít need a two-story jail. You just need a cell or cage. Just take the top layer and plop it down on your mastermaze and you are good to go!

That extra versatility for the piece is what sold me on making another one!

So there you have it Ė a dungeon for your dungeon.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ý Ignore Old One
    Dude,

I have a total man-crush on you! Err...well, your minis work at least . That is just too cool. <Starts making plans to kidnap Pogre and chain him the basement for a year with unlimited model-making supplies>.

~ OO
    Check out the Faded Glory Story Hour

Check out another great Story Hour set in the Faded Glory world Rel's Faded Glory III: Glory Reborn

Check out yet another Faded Glory SH from our Grim Tales/BCCS Hybrid NC Game Day VII Event Black Eyes of the Demon Scorpion

Check out the "Send My Kids to College" Auction Thread Old One's Auctions

Guide (Lvl 11)

Ý Ignore WizarDru
    My communities:

Another insanely awesome piece. I don't even know if I have a use for such a piece, but I'd sorely like to get Scorch or Valanthe to make one. I could definitely find a use for an actual cell like that, somewhere. Bravo, sir, bravo.

But Scorch has been talking 'Lake of Fire' lately....and I'd really LOVE a lake of fire. I mean, who wouldn't?
    "I'd say it's more appropriate to say that videogames are RPG-ish, wouldn't you?"

Have you read our current Zad/Wizardru's New Story Hour (Updated 9/8)

or our older WizarDru's Story Hour?
    You Should.
    I ain't linking to Piratecat's story hour...no sir, I just won't do it. He can just get the next half-million reads on his own.

Did I mention that I have a Livejournal? It's possible that I have.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast