pogre's model and figure thread

pogre

Legend
Cryx Warband done for commission. Client was very pleased and says the pictures do not do them justice. Now, how many times have you heard that on Coolminiornot? :lol:

Another angle:

pogre

Legend
As always, all pictures are thumbnail links to larger pictures.

Some more paint jobs I squeezed out between larger projects. First up is a city guard from Zandyrium (a city in my D&D campaign). This is a very old Marauder figure.

Although the picture is a tad blurry I really like how his face turned out.

Here she is the Erinyes everybody loves to summon - Naja Nivyah. Note her hellish base.

And a shot from what some might consider her good side ;)

D'karr

Adventurer
Fantastic stuff. Really good work on the Cryx Warband.

A good friend of mine introduced me to Warmachine several months ago. Fun game all around. I've decided to stay clear of it simply because I need to control the spending.

Too many hobbies, not enough time or money. LOL

pogre

Legend
All pictures are thumbnail link to larger photos.

Greetings,

I finished a pair of miniatures for my TOUGHEST critics – my son and daughter. We sometimes play Talisman and they were particularly displeased that I had not painted the pieces yet. So I volunteered to paint their favorite two characters – they chose the minotaur and the goblin. {Both evil creatures BTW – should I be worried?}

I asked them how they would like them painted and they both said exactly like the card Daddy. I knew that was trouble, but did the best I could. My son was especially harsh, pointing out I had the skin tone all wrong and the checks on the gloves were incorrect. I did repaint it some, but finally I said, ‘this is a mini that will be abused by a 5-year-old on a regular basis. I hereby pronounce it done!’

Well check them out for yourself and see how I did:

D'karr

Adventurer
They look very good.

My 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter are always coming up to me and asking me if they can do "battle". That means play with miniatures. We spend at least two evenings a week in the basement as they adventure with miniatures.

My son has told me that when he grows up he wants to be a miniature sculptor, besides a Jedi and a gladiator... He cracks me up.

WizarDru

Adventurer
The only real difference I can see is that the Minotaur is shiny. ;)

That goblin is Awesome, with a capital Awe. How old are the wee ones, btw?

pogre

Legend
WizarDru said:
The only real difference I can see is that the Minotaur is shiny. ;)

That goblin is Awesome, with a capital Awe. How old are the wee ones, btw?

Not sure why the minotaur looks shiny in the photo - it's pretty matte in real life. I will be coating both of them in massive amounts of gloss so they both will be shiny in short order anyway ;)

My son is 5, my daughter is 4, I have another son who is 21 months, and a son due on September 2.

D'karr said:
My 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter are always coming up to me and asking me if they can do "battle". That means play with miniatures. We spend at least two evenings a week in the basement as they adventure with miniatures.

We play a lot of Heroscape, Talisman, and D&D. The D&D is basically a hackfest using the basic rules, but they enjoy rolling the dice.

pogre

Legend
All pictures are thumbnail link to larger photos.

Here is the figure I mostly painted at the ENWorld Game Day Chicago.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases