pogre's model and figure thread

derbacher

Explorer
My gawd, those are great!

I just primed a dozen figures for painting, but after looking at these, I just want to throw away my brushes.

Bows in the presence of the master.... :cool:

pogre

Legend
Thank you for all of your kind praise. It is very much appreciated!

The Madhatter said:
Did you use Flex Paste on the Khador's base? Thank you for posting these awesome figs!

I used a product called DecoArt SnowTex and glazed it with gloss mixed with a bit of Woodland Scenics snow. The SnowTex by itself looks pretty good and I think I may just gloss a bit of it next time without hassling with the Woodland scenics stuff.

The Madhatter

First Post
pogre said:
Thank you for all of your kind praise. It is very much appreciated!

I used a product called DecoArt SnowTex and glazed it with gloss mixed with a bit of Woodland Scenics snow. The SnowTex by itself looks pretty good and I think I may just gloss a bit of it next time without hassling with the Woodland scenics stuff.

That's a great idea. I've used the woodland scenics snow and my current character leaves dandruff on the battlemat every session. Was it gloss acrylic(Vallejo, badger, etc.) or was it Future?

pogre

Legend
The Madhatter said:
That's a great idea. I've used the woodland scenics snow and my current character leaves dandruff on the battlemat every session. Was it gloss acrylic(Vallejo, badger, etc.) or was it Future?

Gloss acrylic.

I don't use future much - it has its place, but it seems to chip on my figs.

pogre

Legend
Had to do this guy again - he's a lot of fun to paint and I had another one lying around. I tried another background on the advice of a tutorial over at Privateer Press's minis boards. I wish minis were not such a pain to photograph - I still don't have the formula down, but now I'm writing everything down to try and make progress.

There are no beholders in my campaign world so this guy will go up on ebay this week to fund my crack miniatures habit. Bid high and bid often - I must kill my PCs!

derbacher

Explorer
pogre said:
There are no beholders in my campaign world so this guy will go up on ebay this week to fund my crack miniatures habit. Bid high and bid often - I must kill my PCs!
You. Must. Post. An. Auction. Link.

Whenever you get it up there, please! I will bid early and often, I promise!

The Madhatter

First Post
Well, I thought MY eyebeast was cool.... Thanks for the pic Pogre. I am setting up the Foundry in my new basement and I'm using some of your articles for inspiration.

pogre

Legend
The Madhatter said:
Well, I thought MY eyebeast was cool.... Thanks for the pic Pogre. I am setting up the Foundry in my new basement and I'm using some of your articles for inspiration.

Hey thanks.

If you get a chance post a pic or two of your basement foundry - I love looking at folks' hobby areas.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases