pogre's model and figure thread

Scorch

Explorer
Thanks!

I got the Dwarven Forge Big Box and a Passage Kit for Christmas two years ago and then WizarDru and myself picked up a ton more at ShoreCon this year at around 40% off. I got the octagonal room set plus cavern pieces and he picked up a big box as well so we are well suited for square rooms and slanted passages. I also dropped WAY too much money on the Mage Knight castle set.

What do you recommend for round rooms?

Thanks,

Scorch

Gnarlo

Gnome Lover
Supporter
pogre: I have serious Gerhardt envy when I see that room :) Mold 71 is a very fun and useful mold, btw, and is essential for making doors and door arches (see the pic below).

scorch: 265 is actually the floor mold for the 1.5" floor pieces (MageKnight dungeon scale), 260 is the mold with the 1" flagstone floor pieces. The 1.5" pieces are useful for putting under walls and such, but will not give you a 1" grid to your dungeon if you are looking for that sort of thing (it's been my experience that the grid can be hard to see on the flagstone floor anyway, especially with my dark paint jobs). Mold 260 will also give you some smaller pieces to slot into those hard to fit spaces, though you could probably do the same cutting the larger floortiles down with a Dremel.

I held off on getting mold 45 a long time, as I was hard into a mastermaze dungeon-style phase. Since getting it though, I wish I had done so sooner :) It adds a nice contrast in my opinion to the rough walls of the fieldstone molds. It was the mold I used for the golden brown "ruined chapel" section on the left side of my dungeon project here:

725548sunless.jpg

Bruce is coming out with 2 more gothic style molds this week, and another 2 within a week or so after that :) Good time to be making gothic dungeons (they have a very dwarven feel to them imo).

Bruce has said that he is interested in making a cavern mold, he just hasn't figured out any practical way of doing so yet.

For round rooms, molds 72 and 73 are your choices in fieldstone. They are what I used to make the two rooms along the top edge of my dungeon with rounded walls. You'll notice if you look close that I "cheated" and expanded the diameter of the circles to 6" and 8" respectively by putting a straight wall piece in between the curved sections; it made the rooms more of a rounded octagon, but gave more space to play in and still looks just fine.

pogre

Legend
Wow Gnarlo!

Very cool stuff!

What is your dungeon stuff mounted on? polystyrene?

I guess I am still in the match mastermaze phase, but I may have to pick up mold #45 after seeing your stuff.

If you have anything else to show off, by all means share!

hwoolsey

First Post
Gnarlo said:
pogre: I have serious Gerhardt envy when I see that room :)

Thanks. My darling, understanding (and I guess it helps that she games with us) wife was an absolute peach about the gaming room:

1. Never any assumption that the largest room in the house would be anything other than the game room.

2. Came up with the idea that we should buy and install base cabinets along one wall to store CCGs, terrain, puzzles, board games, and minis (in the drawers - helps keep them from getting dusty).

3. Helped build and stand up the ridiculously heavy 4' x 8' table for gaming.

4. Helped build and stand up the wall of bookshelves that is opposite the wall of cabinets.

Hank
(Gerhard in Pogre's New Story Hour [who also hopes this is one of the rare times his wife reads ENWorld])

Scorch

Explorer
Thanks for the advice, guys! I will look into those molds you recommended. Right now I am checking with a dentist friend of the family to see if he can find me a good deal on Die Keen Green.

Scorch

pogre

Legend
PMT 09
The Elves

Remember all thumbs are links to larger pictures.

Finally finished painting our latest two additions to the party Ranin and E’lissar.

First, Ranin:

Now, E’lissar

Still working on the photography. I need two more lights, but I have come to the ugly conclusion I need a better digital camera.

Last edited:

Gnarlo

Gnome Lover
Supporter
Nice ones, pogre. I especially like Ranin, that is also the figure my brother uses for his elf ranger in our game.

Scorch

Explorer
Glue Recommendations

Gentlemen,

What do you recommend for glue for constructing Master Maze compatible pieces? I have started with Tacky Glue but was wondering if you had other recommendations for durability.

Thanks,

Scorch

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases