pogre's model and figure thread

pogre

Legend
willofgod said:
Try water casting on the smaller bits

How could you water cast them? I must have a different understanding of water casting than what you are suggesting. My understanding of water casting is a primitive casting techinique used by jewelers with silver. You drop molten silver into whirling water to create interesting and unpredictable shapes.

That's what I know from my jewelry background - I assume you mean something different - I'd love to hear it!

pogre

Legend
All pictures are thumbnail link to larger photos.

Finally, A Decent Fiend!

Those who know me and my painting trials over the years also know that I have not painted a decent fiend for some time. I picked up a new game for me called Confrontation 3rd ed. and began painting some demons. This particular demon is called Balkor and although he is far from perfect, I am satisfied with my results:

I also finished a unit of Widowmakers for a commission. Same scheme as the one pictured before and I am now working Greylord Ternion for the same customer. Lots of snow!

I know these pictures are a little washed out, but I’m making progress on the photo front. I took extensive notes on my settings and adjusted the lighting. I’m also working on a simple diffusion box. My New Year’s resolution will be to deliver even better mini pics in the future!

nyrfherdr

First Post
Very cool! How long did it take to do Balkor?
I love many of the Confrontation mini's. I've never played the game though.

Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

pogre

Legend
Thank you for the kind words.

As far as how long he took - well, I'm not sure. I probably have a couple of hours in prepping the miniature and putting it together alone. Painting went fairly quickly, so maybe 6 or 7 hours painting - but that's definitely a WAG.

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
Attention miniature painters!

I have no affiliation with this company, but check out this amazing sale on W&N #7s miniature brushes at ASWExpress ! They ran this sale last year and the miniature style brushes sold out very quickly.

If you have not tried these before, you owe it to yourself to buy a couple. There are no better brushes in the world.

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
All pictures are thumbnail link to larger photos.

Howdy,

Back in the saddle! Here’s a couple of updates. Note that I had my light source to close so the photos are a little washed out, but they’re the first in a long while. Some commissioned privateer press work first – one you have seen and one you have not:

Base Close-up:

And another base close-up:

A heavily armored dude named Kovnik:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases