pogre's model and figure thread

pogre

Legend
All pictures are thumbnail link to larger photos.

Now for a look at my Confrontation Drune army that is 1-0 against well-painted armies and was 1-2 in a tournament this past weekend. Um yeah, a lot of Confrontation players do not paint – they apparently play the game to get better instead. The Heathens!

One you’ve seen – Balkron:

Another couple you have seen – The Formors:

Last of the repeats – Drune Archers:

Soul Snatcher front view:

Soul Snatcher with a fun backpack accessory:

Drune Wraiths:

I’m working on some other really cool Confrontation figures. Undoubtedly they too will be getting stomped by ugly, unpainted figs in the near future ;)

pogre

Legend
All pictures are thumbnail link to larger photos.

Better pictures this time and a happy little story. So a few months ago on a local gaming message board I tell folks I’m starting into a new game called Confrontation. One of my friends on the board says that’s cool I have one of Rackham’s older figures, La Lionne Rousse, and asks would I like it. I said sure, and promised to show it to him when it was painted. Here’s the card from the miniature, which depicts it with their paintjob:

la_lion0001.jpg

Now, keep in mind this is one of Rackham’s very first minis and their paintjobs have made quantum leaps. So anyway, the figure sits in a drawer for a few months. I’m not doing a Lion army. But, I finally got around to painting her and here’s a head shot:

hound_03a.jpg

So to make the figure fit into my current army I had to make a slight modification:

I know – I’m a bad person. This nasty beast is part of the Drune army. He is called a Hound of Scathach:

Note the flying blood and entrails from the squish!:

A back shot:

Not that the beast was evil enough looking with the other dead guy strapped to his back!:

One more blood and guts shot:

Somehow I do not think I will be receiving more miniatures as gifts in the near future. ;)

pogre

Legend
Here's some pictures of a Ranger from my new campaign. The pictures are subpar - I guess I'm out of practice...

I like the base - he is standing on a log I created out of greenstuff. The fall leaves are Hudson & Allen.

mini51_olaf_ranger.jpg

And his back cape - with highlights washed out :\

mini51_olaf_ranger_back.jpg

ledded

Herder of monkies
Well, the picture may be sub-par, but I can still tell that the work is good... as usual.

Just wanted to check in and see what you've been up to, I havent been around in a while. Looking at your stuff is getting me antsy to get back into my painting.

pogre

Legend
Thanks guys!

I'm indulging in some speed painting for my game tomorrow. Post pics of my results later. Don't expect too much though - let's just say 8 miniatures in one night.

pogre

Legend
OK - first, I used the minis in the D&D game I ran last Sunday and left them over in the gameroom. I'll post my speed-painted figs in the near future.

Next up is a thumbnail link of a Female Dwarven fighter PC from the campaign. I actually rushed this picture, but it turned out a little better. :\ I'm still not sure why my photo-fu went backwards, but I obviously need to go back and brush up on some photography articles.

I really like how her hair turned out. The flesh is not as smooth as it should be. I hate how metallics look better in real life, but NMM photographs better. So far I am sticking with metallics for my D&D stuff and NMM for the Confrontation figs.

Female Dwarven Fighter:

Last edited:

Remove ads