pogre's model and figure thread

pogre

Legend
That's pretty darn awesome!

Thanks Kris!

Here are some pics from this year's fantasy siege. This is the same scenario as last year's, but we made a lot of upgrades to the siege equipment. You can read a battle report of last year's game on my gaming site - pogre.com.

The result was much different this year with the green horde winning in convincing fashion!

siege_2010_01.jpg

A new siege tower!

siege_2010_02.jpg

New Dwarven siege defense equipment.

siege_2010_03.jpg

My son Davy smiling with delight at the prospect of feasting on Stuntie flesh!

siege_2010_04.jpg

Here comes the horde!

siege_2010_05.jpg

New spiked battering ram.

siege_2010_06.jpg

Orc welcoming party.

siege_2010_07.jpg

More party gifts for the orcs.

siege_2010_08.jpg

The anxious Dwarven Princess looks on.

siege_2010_09.jpg

A breach in the wall early in the engagement. Not good for the Dwarves!

siege_2010_10.jpg

Orc boar boyz riding in to the breach.

siege_2010_11.jpg

Ladders up! Trolls forward!

siege_2010_12.jpg

Orcs going up the ladders.

siege_2010_13.jpg

Here comes the siege tower!

siege_2010_14.jpg

Dwarves rush to the breach.

siege_2010_15.jpg

Orcs pour onto the wall.

siege_2010_16.jpg

Orcs taking the wall. The gate is about to crash too!

siege_2010_17.jpg

The Dwarven Loremaster and General die with their boots on!

pogre

Legend
New and improved Reverse Dungeon miniatures convention game pictures

Some may recall that I designed and ran a reverse dungeon style game a couple of years ago (see this post) at a GREAT local gaming convention called Winter War.

I revised the game and made new terrain boards for the dungeon. Not onlys did the new boards make it much easier for me to transport the dungeon, I think it really added a lot to the appearance of the game.

dungeonlords_2011.jpg

dungeonlords_2011_02.jpg

The game was a big hit and I'm certainly going to run it again!

pogre

Legend
Hey Folks,

Thanks for all of the kind comments!

I got sidetracked the last couple of weeks building Genestealers and Necrons for my sons. They got bit by the 40K bug and so Dad got drafted into building models. I'm not painting those guys though!

So I'm back to work on a project I started at the end of WinterWar - painting some Uncharted Seas fleets. I have not played the game yet, but of course I cannot try it out with unpainted minis! I got a Dwarf fleet done, a Elf fleet almost done, and an Imperial Human fleet started.

Photos coming soon!

frankthedm

First Post
The castle rocks!

Got any higher res image of the dungeon?

How modular is the dungeon BTW? Could it be arranged in 3"x3" sections or is it locked in 2"x2"? I ask because of this eye opening post I saw on 1E scale.
Quoting the original AD&D Dungeon Master's Guide, regarding the use of miniatures in the game:

"Figure bases are necessarily broad in order to assure that the figure will stand... Because of this, it is usually necessary to use a ground scale twice that of the actual scale... squares of about one actual inch per side are suggested. Each ground scale inch can then be used to equal 3 1/2 linear feet, so a 10' wide scale corridor is three actual inches in width and shown as 3 separate squares. This allows depiction of the typical array of three figures abreast, and also enables easy handling of such figures when they are moved."​

In short, the corridors were drawn ten feet wide, but with the assumption that ten feet was enough for three people fighting side by side (three squares), not two.
Did I just hear screaming?

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
Hi Frank,

Sadly I took the dungeon pics with a phone - they are about as good as it gets. Next year at the convention I'll try to get better pictures. I'm due for a new camera anyway.

That was a fascinating bit about the 1e scale. It makes all kinds of sense. I think just from an ascetic point of view I wish they would have just converted the whole thing to yards. One square = one yard. I find the 10-feet equals three squares a little awkward. Still I like the idea of three inch wide corridors.

The dungeon pieces are pretty modular, but I would have to redesign all of my passage pieces. Most of the dungeon pieces I create from Hirst Arts are designed to match my Master Maze collection. I would also have to recut all of the foam - so for this game at least, I am pretty locked into one square = five feet.

Olli

First Post
You, Sir, ROCK!!

i have just yesterday discovered this thread, and it blew me away!
Makes me miss gaming even more...

Olli

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
@pogre <!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->: You seem to be well versed in this stuff, and I have an idea to bring to life an encounter based on an L4E game I've been DMing for about a year and a half now, called Hey! That's Not Wayne's Basement. The idea is the cellar of an inn with enormous wine casks, one of which is actually a secret door leading to a den of thieves. Problem is, Burce Hirst only has a 1" wide cask, and I would be looking for a cask of at least 2" in diameter and 3" long. Here's a link to "The Cask" in Heidelberg, Germany that served as an inspiration for the idea.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases