pogre's model and figure thread

pogre

Legend
@pogre <!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->: You seem to be well versed in this stuff, and I have an idea to bring to life an encounter based on an L4E game I've been DMing for about a year and a half now, called Hey! That's Not Wayne's Basement. The idea is the cellar of an inn with enormous wine casks, one of which is actually a secret door leading to a den of thieves. Problem is, Burce Hirst only has a 1" wide cask, and I would be looking for a cask of at least 2" in diameter and 3" long. Here's a link to "The Cask" in Heidelberg, Germany that served as an inspiration for the idea.

I've been super busy and not on here much - are you still seeking modelling ideas on the cask?

Cool idea BTW.

naloomi

First Post
Let me start by saying I am a licensed seller of Hirst Arts casts, kits, and builds, as well as custom sculpts by other people. I too have been working on a larger cask than the one Bruce offers on mold 85. Bruce's has a diameter at it's widest of 1.2" (30mm) and is 1.4" long (36mm). The one I've been attempting to sculpt is 2" wide at it's widest, and about 3" long. I've been having some problems making it look 'good' though.

Pogre, I keep meaning to contact you about offering some of your designs to customers through my store. Let me know if you are okay with it. Thanks.

Naloomi
Owner / Operator of Naloomi's Workshop

pogre

Legend
Howdy,

I know it's been a while...

I am currently working on the largest, most expensive, most ridiculous, and certainly the stupidest gaming project of my goofy gaming life.

A common reaction of my friends when I describe the project is:

"That's going to be so cool, but you're an idiot for trying to do it!"

or

"Better you than me!"

I have been working on gathering the parts for this project for the past two years. Now, I am putting it together. There will be pictures in the near future. Prepare to laugh your respective butts off at the outrageous depths of my idiocy!

Kris

Adventurer
There is a fine line between genius and madman ...and if this new project includes cladding the outside of your house with Hirst Arts blocks ...then you may have just crossed that line :p

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to the big reveal.

pogre

Legend
I've put my gigantic project of madness on the backburner. It will be worked on again in the summer of 2012. I had to put it away for a while, it was just casting a pall over my entire work area ;)

I got a new Nikon camera. The S.O.B. is so fancy I cannot figure it out. I was hoping for great pictures, but it has not happened...

Below is the tribe of pig-faced orcs I painted. Not great, but fun figures. I painted them purely for the sake of nostalgia. The sculpts are great - I'm a big Kev Adams fan. The miniatures had a lot of problems - misformed tusks, seam lines from hell, etc. They're not cheap either. Still, great to have for old school dungeony goodness!

pig_faced_orcs.jpg

pogre

Legend
Malifaux Executioner

This big ugly is a Malifaux Executioner who works for the Guild faction. He is one of number of figures I painted for a commission.

executioner.jpg

pogre

Legend
Some speed painting: WW II Germans by Warlord miniatures. The uniforms are not quite this blue in real life, but they are a bit too blue. First historical figures in a long time! I'll be painting up some more for a Point Blank! scenario.

german_infantry.jpg

That makes 23 figures painted for 2012.

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
I have been working on a fantasy skirmish game I call War Chant and I needed a hydra. This guys was primed this morning and I just finished him a few minutes ago. I was really struggling getting a pic, it's a fairly large figure:
hydra01.jpg

Yeah, I know, I'm not sure I am crazy about the multi-colored heads either. Well, at least it's different...
hydra02.jpg

That makes 24 figures in 2012.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases